Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 281631 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #870 on: December 16, 2010, 08:51 AM »
I am not liking the fact that it has been 4.5 waves (They stopped mid-way through the X-Men wave) since HTS has sold any singles.  HTS.com was getting the $$$ from me on this line - I was pretty much exclusively buying all my singles for this line through them.  Plus, when there were singles to order I would also throw comic packs in my "cart".  Now that they have stopped selling singles they have stopped getting my money all together.

I am wondering what the deal is with HTS.  I am positive that somewhere in the last 2 rounds of QnA's Hasbro told us that HTS would be back to selling both singles and by the case - but this of course is yet too happen. 

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: December 16, 2010, 11:01 AM »
I'm happy this wave is up and all, but they have it listed as wave 11 when in fact it is wave 12.  They never listed wave 11 on their site, that is the wave with Dark Hawkeye, Constrictor, Yellow Jacket, Thanos, and Iron Man 2020.

I was able to piece together most of it from Toys 'R' Us by the grace of God himself, except for Thanos. 

I wonder why the real wave 11 never went up on HTS.

You're lucky then Dressel. I only ever saw the Iron Man 2020. I still need Dark Hawkeye, Constrictor, Yellow Jacket and Thanos.

If anyone can help me out here, it would be very much appreciated.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #872 on: December 16, 2010, 03:28 PM »
I have yet to see any of the thanos wave and i admit, it does worry me.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: December 16, 2010, 03:47 PM »
These things really don't seem to be abundant anywhere.   

Wave 12 at HTS (what they are calling wave 11) is a really good deal for the case shipped at $82.99 though.  I would have jumped at that had I not stumbled upon a lousy 1 of each figure after like 50 toy runs.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: December 16, 2010, 03:49 PM »

You're lucky then Dressel.

Chance favors the prepared mind!  And whoever is most willing to aggravate the absolute **** out of a Target employee until they bring what you want out of the stockroom.  And also people who live in Rochester apparently.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 03:51 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: December 18, 2010, 12:16 AM »
Saw the WWH wave on my travels through sunny SoCal but didn't buy anything but the Spidey 2099.  Thought about spiderwoman but isn't she the same as the two pack? 

I was pleased to find a severely cardbashed Skrull warrior though, so that made me happy.  But count me among those concerned on the Thanos wave. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: December 18, 2010, 08:55 AM »
Thought about spiderwoman but isn't she the same as the two pack?  

comparison

It's true that it's the same mold, but the paint jobs are so different.  There's obviously a huge difference between the way she first looked when she popped up in Secret Wars, and the way she looks now as an Avenger.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 10:23 AM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: December 18, 2010, 10:55 AM »
If you found out the line was ending in 2011, and you had your choice of just 30 more figures that would be made, who would you want?

1.  Charles Xavier
2.  Daredevil (new)
3.  Ares - Dark Avengers
4.  Moonstone - Dark Avengers
5.  Ghost (removable mask)
6.  The Hood
7.  Kingpin
8.  Invisible Woman
9.  Bruce Banner
10.  Thunderbolt Ross
11.  Daken (no costume) suit?
12.  Emma Frost
13.  Elektra
14.  Scarlet Witch
15.  Quicksilver
16.  Rogue
17.  Hope
18.  Songbird
19.  Baron Zemo
20.  Falcon

10 more coming later,  I've just been informed someone's tooth is falling out of their head.  BRB.

Back.  That was ugly.

21.  Taskmaster
22.  Radioactive Man (Chen)
23.  Reptil
24.  Mettle
25.  She Hulk
26.  Tigra
27.  Penance
28.  Headsman
29.  Paladin
30.  Ant Man (Eric O'Grady version)

Kinda partial to those involved in Siege, Thunderbolts, X-Men, Avengers Academy, Dark Avengers at the moment.  Also I feel that the Superhero Showdown 3 3/4" line had some good figures like Doc Ock and Beast that I can use inthe Marvel Universe line, freeing up some other picks to use on other figs.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 12:25 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: December 18, 2010, 12:35 PM »
Thought about spiderwoman but isn't she the same as the two pack?  

comparison

It's true that it's the same mold, but the paint jobs are so different.  There's obviously a huge difference between the way she first looked when she popped up in Secret Wars, and the way she looks now as an Avenger.

Those are actually two different characters.  The black suited Spiderwoman is Julia Carpenter, introduced during the Secret Wars.  She now goes by Arachne and still has a black suit, though different from this one.  I don't follow all the Marvel stuff, but I think she was last with Omega Flight in Canada.  The Red and Yellow Spider Woman is Jessica Drew.  She is the one currently on the Avengers.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: December 18, 2010, 02:46 PM »
Thanks guys, guess I should have picked up the other version when I saw her but didn't remember it was the other character/costume in the two pack (which I don't yet have in hand).  So basically they did both versions they did in the original Marvel Legends line which is cool by me. 

Aside from some older figures I'm only now missing Constrictor, Yellow Jacket, Thanos.  I think that wave may have been out here very briefly before moving on to the next but I'll hope it shows up soon, because post Christmas here things just die for restocking.  Ugh.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: December 18, 2010, 05:41 PM »
Thanks guys, guess I should have picked up the other version when I saw her but didn't remember it was the other character/costume in the two pack (which I don't yet have in hand).  So basically they did both versions they did in the original Marvel Legends line which is cool by me. 

Aside from some older figures I'm only now missing Constrictor, Yellow Jacket, Thanos.  I think that wave may have been out here very briefly before moving on to the next but I'll hope it shows up soon, because post Christmas here things just die for restocking.  Ugh.

Most of Wave 11: Dark Hawkeye, Constrictor, Thanos, Pym, and IM 2020 are scheduled to be released in a few revision waves of Wave 12 in January.  I think they will become more readily available in a month or so.  Bug, EntertainmentEarth.com has some good deals on cases that will include figures released in 2008 when I still couldn't convince you that you love these figures, combined with the Wave 11 you're missing.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #881 on: December 19, 2010, 09:58 AM »
So 30 more figures...

1. Adam Warlock
2. Aunt May
3. Kingpin
4. Beta Ray Bill
5. Doppelganger
6. Drax
7. Annihilus
8. Invisible Woman
9. Dark Hawk
10. Sleepwalker
11. Speedball
12. Jackal
13. Kraven
14. Doctor Octopus
15. Mysterio
16. Prof X
17. Jubilee
18. Rogue
19. Vulture
20. Terrax
21. Amazing Bagman
22. Lockjaw
23. Man-Thing
24. Sandman
25. Nick Fury
26. Ronan
27. Quasar (wendell vaughn)
28. Morbius
29. Moleman
30. Mephisto

I am going to also include my top 8 oversized figure wants:

1. Tenebrous
2. Aegis
3. Living Tribunal
4. In-Betweener
5. Eternity
6. UATU the Watcher
7. Tester, One Above All (Celestial)
8. Mole monster

As you can see i am Spider-Man and Cosmic heavy. Don't think i will ever get most of these.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 10:00 AM by evenflow »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: December 19, 2010, 07:57 PM »
Quasar?  YES!  I'll probably get a Beta Ray Bill too.  What is an Amazing Bagman?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #883 on: December 19, 2010, 08:48 PM »
Amazing bagman is spider-man in a fantastic four uniform and paper bag on his head and i think a kick me sticker on his back.

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: December 20, 2010, 07:41 AM »
Speedball - boy oh boy I can remember buying the very first comic he was in.
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope