Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 281571 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Universe
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2009, 08:38 PM »
I was so against this line until i saw the secret wars stuff. I am buying those.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2009, 11:25 PM »
I see now that Figures.com has press images of Wolverine/Torch and Cap/Klaw comic packs as well.  They look pretty good.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2009, 12:47 AM »
Secret Wars is problematic....
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2009, 08:07 AM »
Speaking of Marvel-related figures, I picked up the X-Men Origins:  Wolverine Deadpool figure last night at TRU.  He's not quite as good as the ML Deadpool (which was a masterpiece), but it's a great figure that will fit in quite well with the MU line.  The one issue I have with mine is that the swivel right below his hip on his right leg is ridiculously loose.  It pretty much spins around if you look at it, and it makes it difficult to stand the figure up.  I have a feeling we may run into this a lot in the 3 3/4" lines.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2009, 10:43 PM »
I was so against this line until i saw the secret wars stuff. I am buying those.

What!?  What!?  That's not fair.  Now I have to go look for pics...

*EDIT* Okay...Wolvie is sweet and Cap looks good, but these two are being released in the regular line anyway, right?  So far these are a pass for me.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 10:46 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2009, 04:05 PM »
Not to beat a dead horse with the Legends stuff, but its sort of sad to see this is the "Marvel Legends Display" at Toy Fair:

The figures all look pretty good to me, but its a pretty sad little display compared to the past.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2009, 05:41 PM »
I still want a lot of these - was there any news on when/where they will be released?
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Marvel Universe
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2009, 10:51 PM »
Who are the two chicks (up top by Iron Man and down below with her leg extended)?

The Iron Man figures and Skrull all look great.

John

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2009, 11:54 PM »
Who are the two chicks (up top by Iron Man and down below with her leg extended)?

The Iron Man figures and Skrull all look great.

John

The one on top is Maria Hill.  She took over for Nick Fury as the Director of SHIELD these past few years and is currently in the Iron Man comic as a secondary character. 

The one on the bottom is Sharon Carter.  She's an ex-SHIELD agent who was a major character in the Captain America book.  I don't subscribe to that one, but I think she and Steve Rogers (Cap) got pregnant, then some baddie mind-controlled her into killing Captain America towards the end of the Civil War.  I think she lost the baby and maybe even had her memory of killing Cap erased, but like I said, I'm not fully up to speed on that book. 

I'd love to get both versions of Iron Man, Hill, Carter, and maybe even Sue Storm as I'm not very happy with me FF2 Sue Storm.  If anyone wants the counterparts from these two packs, please let me know!

Justin

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2009, 09:28 AM »
I'm sure some aren't exactly thrilled with this, but Hasbro and Marvel Extend Licensing Agreement Through 2017.

For anyone that might be interested, it looks like waves 1 and 2 of Marvel Universe are up for preorder at HTS, shipping anywhere from the next 7-10 days to next month, depending on the figure.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2009, 11:27 AM »
Hasbro likes those long term commitments, don't they?  But it has to be good for them, especially with the full slate of Marvel movies coming in the next couple of years. 

From Hasbro's point of view it could be a license to print money.  For Marvel it gives them a shot at having continuity through the various lines of toys by not having to switch again down the road.  There's a lot of controversy over switching from the 6" to 3.75" line now so having to change again in 3 more years is probalby something they don't want to do.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2009, 11:37 AM »
Hasbro likes those long term commitments, don't they?  But it has to be good for them, especially with the full slate of Marvel movies coming in the next couple of years.

Yeah, despite the varying success of movie lines at retail, it seems like manufacturers/retailers really do like them - so I'm guessing that's the big appeal to Hasbro with this (ongoing) deal.  I mean, they've got Wolverine this year, Iron Man 2 and Thor next year, and likely Cap, Avengers, and Spidey 4 the year after that.  And that's just the announced movies - so there could be others.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2009, 02:55 PM »
I think it'll be interesting to see how these Wolverine figures do.  It's the first time in this scale for a film release and even though Hasbro sort of scaled their Ghost Rider, Spider-Man and FF4 figures together, they weren't exactly on par with ML as I recall.

A positive outcome with a full, unified scale for all Marvel is that they can accessorize.  May help the Hasbro lines take off.  There's potential there for a universe as expansive as the Star Wars line.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2009, 05:32 PM »
Saw all of Wave 1 of the Marvel Universe figures today but at $8.99 a piece I couldn't see picking any of them up.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2009, 06:59 PM »
Saw all of Wave 1 of the Marvel Universe figures today but at $8.99 a piece I couldn't see picking any of them up.

$9?  Yuck.  What retailer?