Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 281599 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2009, 09:55 PM »
In a recent Toyfare, Hasbro all but confirmed Legends is dead outside of possible more 2 packs...so, I don't see the need for a new thread

So they aren't going to be releasing the Nemesis wave?

Who is in the Nemesis wave?  Is this going to be a retailer exclusive?

Walmart wave  ::)

Tigra
Black Bolt
Nova
Punisher
Punisher (camo)
AXM Beast
Daredevil (red)
Daredevil (yellow)

Thanks for the list.  Crappy that its WM - those are pretty hard to come by in the twin cities.  I alraedy have a custom Tigra that I really like, so might be able to pass on this one.  No one else in the wave seems that interesting.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2009, 03:19 PM »
Yeah but we don't have that many X-Men in 3 3/4. As of now it looks like we'll be getting a couple in the "Wolverine" line. But they're all related to that movie.

You mutie lovers are never satisfied.  We're hardly getting any Avengers either and they have a bigger lineup than the X-titles by now.

I like the Avengers more than the X-Men. But, it seems we're getting more Avengers (a couple IM, a couple Hulks, Thor, Cap, Ronin, Spidey) & there's like a couple Wolvies & a Gambit.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2009, 04:04 AM »
I like the Avengers more than the X-Men. But, it seems we're getting more Avengers (a couple IM, a couple Hulks, Thor, Cap, Ronin, Spidey) & there's like a couple Wolvies & a Gambit.

Okay, but I would view that as Iron Man and variant, Cap, Thor, and Ronin.  Hulk isn't really an Avenger seeing as how he was only with them for their very first adventure.  Spidey is with the New Avengers now, but I don't consider him an Avenger.  That's just a marketing gimmick (kind of like putting wolvie on 3 teams at once plus a solo series).  I'm not overly happy with the Ronin selection either - I'd so much rather see Hawkeye than his alter ego.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2009, 01:54 PM »
Is anyone seeing Union Jack still on the pegs?  I need to finish out my red Hulk.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2009, 10:58 PM »
Is anyone seeing Union Jack still on the pegs?  I need to finish out my red Hulk.

I saw one a few weeks ago at Target, but that wave didn't last long on the pegs based on recent scouting trips. 

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2009, 09:43 PM »

Okay, but I would view that as Iron Man and variant, Cap, Thor, and Ronin.  Hulk isn't really an Avenger seeing as how he was only with them for their very first adventure.  Spidey is with the New Avengers now, but I don't consider him an Avenger.  That's just a marketing gimmick (kind of like putting wolvie on 3 teams at once plus a solo series).  I'm not overly happy with the Ronin selection either - I'd so much rather see Hawkeye than his alter ego.

I'd rather see Hawkeye too, but Ronin's cool.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2009, 12:05 PM »
For anyone interested, it looks like HasbroToyShop has the Marvel Universe line (3 3/4") up for preorder, shipping 3/2.  The first wave is up and available to order, with Wave 2 "coming soon".  Both Iron Man figures are already sold out though the way it looks.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2009, 10:26 PM »
For anyone interested, it looks like HasbroToyShop has the Marvel Universe line (3 3/4") up for preorder, shipping 3/2.  The first wave is up and available to order, with Wave 2 "coming soon".  Both Iron Man figures are already sold out though the way it looks.

Bah - thanks for the tip, but no Avengers available.  Cap, Ronin, and both Iron Men all unavailable.   :P

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2009, 01:35 AM »
This is the first time I think I've seen the packaging and it looks okay.  I can't wait to see these in stores to see the final quality of the production items in person.  I'm still thinking I'll pick up a few.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #69 on: February 6, 2009, 12:11 PM »
Just a little peek up at ActionFigureInsider of some of the Marvel Universe stuff, mainly showing new figures of Iceman and Firestar, alongside Spidey.  If that is an "Amazing Friends" 3 pack or something, I'd definitely pick one of those up.  I really liked that cartoon as a kid.  There also appears to be a display up advertising "70 Heroes for the 70th Anniversary", and it says "pick five", so I wonder if there is some sort of fan poll on the way for this line as well.

Update, as there is a little more news at AFI.  First, there will be large scale figures in the MU line (Icons sized, it says) - first coming exclusively at WM (Giant Man is shown).  Also, more details on all things Marvel:

*More Legends Stuff on the Way, but nothing new (that isn't already announced/shown) in 2009
*Movie Lines will be 3 3/4" as well, most lines will have movie and comic assortments
*Singles, Two Packs, Three Packs, and Box Sets, and Exclusives in the MU line.

More detail at the linky, but I have to say that the MU line is sounding pretty good so far.  Sure, the Legends news is disappointing (but maybe not surprising) - and it would have been nice had they just been in this scale from the beginning (man would it help display space) - but I still have to say I'm tempted by this line, and will likely pick up at least a few.
« Last Edit: February 6, 2009, 01:42 PM by Brian »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #70 on: February 6, 2009, 01:50 PM »
Also just read at MarvelousNews that the next wave of ML Two Packs (with Iron Man) are not TRU/Diamond Exclusives.  Although they mention "more Legends in the future", I'd have to say that this, combined with "nothing new in 09" would lead me to believe that Legends is on the way out.  If anything, we'll probably continue to see store exclusive waves as we did most of last year.

They also mention that the MU 3 Packs shown (Spidey/Iceman/Firestar, Daredevil/Hand/Hydra) are TRU Exclusives, and Nick Fury is a mail away figure.  A nice gallery of this line at MarvelousNews.  I also noticed on their "poll listings" for the fan's choice MU figures, both Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy are listed.  I always had hopes of Brent's Spidey Friends box set in the Legends line, but hopefully we'll at least see some of these characters in the MU line.  The picks will probably be wasted on a bunch of X-Men that we'll see anyways ;), just like the clone dominance in the SW polls.
« Last Edit: February 6, 2009, 02:02 PM by Brian »

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #71 on: February 6, 2009, 03:24 PM »
Sigh.  Do you know how long I've waited for a Legends Firestar figure? 

The MU figures look great, but I'm not buying them.  No way I'm starting over with a new scale.  I'll get the few remaining Legends figures I want and be happy with what I got.  Just disappointed that I'll never have Firestar, Mary Jane, Gwen, the Wrecking Crew, Terrax, etc. in the 6" scale.

Oh well, at least DC is continuing the 6" superhero tradition.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #72 on: February 6, 2009, 03:44 PM »
Only reason I would consider picking MU or DCU figures is for making customs. Otherwise I will pass.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #73 on: February 6, 2009, 04:51 PM »
I love the idea of these, but not sure I can stomach the price point along with the increase in SW.  My salary hasn't increased 14% to offset the 14% increase in figure costs.  :P

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #74 on: February 6, 2009, 08:16 PM »
Sigh.  Do you know how long I've waited for a Legends Firestar figure? 

You and me both. I guess I'll just try to find someone to make a custom for me. I'm not getting into the 3 3/4" line.
I remember my dream now.