Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 42287 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2009, 08:51 PM »
It was Kmart, overpriced as they are.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2009, 08:55 PM »
In the last couple of days, I've picked up the yellow and blue Wolverine from the X-Men:  Origins line and Wolverine, Spider-Man, and the Hulk from the MU line.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Marvel Universe
« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2009, 08:56 PM »
The first time I saw them was at K-Mart, and they were $10.49.  Obscene.  I've seen them since at Wal Mart ($8.44) and K-Mart ($9.49).

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2009, 11:01 PM »
Have these been found at Target yet? I will pick up some of these if I see them. I really hope I can find Deadpool & Gambit.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Everyone is ignorant, but on different subjects.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2009, 11:41 PM »
Sounds like a trip to Big K is in order.  Weird that they've shown up under three different price points.  In an unrelated story, I hear K-Mart sales are down.   ::)
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #110 on: February 25, 2009, 11:25 AM »
I picked up a few of the new Marvel Universe figures, and I have to say that I think they're pretty well done.  They are definitely a lot more sturdy and I think better looking than the previous "Super Hero Showdown" figures which were similar in size/scale.  I'm not going to say that they are as detailed as some of the Legends figures, but at this scale, I didn't really expect them to be.  It sure is a much more manageable scale for display (and, in a small way, price) than the 6" stuff - although I won't be getting rid of those either.  Although there is some characters I would still like to see made in the Legends line, I do feel like it had a pretty good run overall - and I'm happy to have the figures we did get.  Anyways, the Universe figures seem pretty well done overall - at least the ones I picked up.  Also, something funny I found while opening these, on the Human Torch figure the cardback is "burnt" behind where the figure was - something that isn't present on the other cardbacks I have.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 11:48 AM by Brian »

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2009, 09:19 AM »
I grabbed the MU Human Torch yesterday ... and a friend picked up the X-MO:W brown Wolverine, Gambit, and Maverick for me.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Universe
« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2009, 09:27 AM »
Picked up the MU Silver Surfer...have to say, really enjoy the figure.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2009, 09:41 AM »
Picked up the MU Silver Surfer...have to say, really enjoy the figure.

That's one of the figures I've picked up so far as well, and I think it looks pretty nice next to the Legends Galactus.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi General
  • Deceived? WHAT?!?!
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #114 on: March 1, 2009, 08:24 PM »
I've seen some of the 4" figures recently.  I can't say that I'm impressed at all.
"You were entrusted to lead the Republic." - Vote for Ven Zallow from THE OLD REPUBLIC in figure polls!

Feedback

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #115 on: March 6, 2009, 06:38 PM »
I got the following figures today:

Marvel Universe
- Silver Surfer
- Captain America
- Gray Hulk
- Green Goblin

X-Men Origins:  Wolverine
- Wolverine (brown)
- Gambit
- Maverick

Offline inadvertent imitation

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Universe
« Reply #116 on: March 6, 2009, 09:44 PM »
Found some of the MU figures at my local WM. Surprisingly, they were $8.44, more than SW figures. I wanted the Surfer and Spider-Man, but I just can't pay that much for these.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #117 on: March 6, 2009, 10:31 PM »
Found some of the MU figures at my local WM. Surprisingly, they were $8.44, more than SW figures. I wanted the Surfer and Spider-Man, but I just can't pay that much for these.

I found the MU, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and the Wolverine and the X-Men animated figures at our local WM today as well, and they were all priced at $8.44 as well.  Its amazing to think that we used to be able to pick up Legends figures for $6.88 around here, years ago.  I have picked up most of the first couple waves of the MU figures (and a couple of the comic-based Wolverine line figures) via HTS for the somewhat cheaper $7.99.  Although the price is probably too high for these as well, I will say that I really like the figures so far.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #118 on: March 8, 2009, 02:32 PM »
Picked up the Marvel Universe Iron Man and Captain America 3 3/4".  LOVE me some of these figures.  I'm not going to buy them all, probably about 1/3rd of them.  But these look great even mixed in among star wars figs, like Iron Man putting the smack down on a squad of stormies in some type of crossover dealio.

Plan on getting Wolverine, Daredevil, Spidey too.  Maybe a few others.

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Everyone is ignorant, but on different subjects.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #119 on: March 8, 2009, 03:40 PM »

$7.99 at HTS.com is still a pretty good deal and they still have most of these in stock.  Shipping is only $6-7, so if you're going to buy more than 1-2, why not pay the same or less and have it shipped to your door?
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey