Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 282360 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Universe
« Reply #150 on: March 21, 2009, 05:38 PM »
Took the plunge on 3.75" Marvel toys this week. So far, I've picked up tiger stripe Wolverine, Deadpool, and the MU Hulk. They are pretty neat, and if I'm not careful, I could find myself completely sucked into this line in a short time.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #151 on: March 23, 2009, 02:01 PM »
I feel the same way as you II, I've seen the figures from this line and have to stop and think. I really can't afford this new line (especially with the prices) but I'm thinking of just sticking to Spider-Man and X-Men along with the occasional other figure. We'll wait and see but I know I'm going to cave sooner or later...
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #152 on: March 24, 2009, 03:25 AM »
And it begins... while accompanying some friends to get that lame ass Twilight DVD I ended up snagging the MU Iron Man and Spider-Man and the comic Yellow/Blue Wolverine from the X-MO:W line. The price has been the only bad thing about these so far (and Spidey's paint job but I can forgive since it's hard to paint black lines at this scale). Iron Man might be one of my favorite action figures ever.

I wanted to snag Hulk and the blue Iron Man but I don't care for them enough to plunk down the cash for them. Hulk is a great figure but the headsculpt is awful, IMO, not worth the cash.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #153 on: March 28, 2009, 12:09 AM »
Wolverine figures have hit up here now.  The Deadpool looks really, really nice.  A couple of the Wolverine figures look pretty nice too and the scale sure is right compared to the huge stuff I've been pulling out of storage.  But....I don't see myself getting $1000 for all my larger scale figures, so doubt I'll be getting into this line.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #154 on: March 28, 2009, 05:07 PM »
I saw the Wolverine movie figures the other day, too.  They look better than the other small scale Marvel figures I've seen.  That scale lends itself more to a realistic look than a comic stylization.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #155 on: March 29, 2009, 02:56 PM »
Heads up, a local Wal-Mart dropped prices for Wolverine toys to $7.44. They didn't have any MU figures but I assume the price drop is the same for them.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #156 on: April 1, 2009, 04:32 PM »
Again, I'm not sure how many are collecting the Marvel Universe stuff, but I found parts of Wave 3 at Target today.  They had a couple Black Costume Spideys, the "classic" Iron Man, and the different (smaller headed/all black) Punisher.  I didn't see the others (Thing, Ms. Marvel, Hand Ninja, etc.)  They also had the newest Spidey Classics (or whatever that line is called now), including Juggernaut, Tarantula, and a couple different Spideys.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #157 on: April 1, 2009, 04:35 PM »
Thanks for the tip!  I'm definitely going to start hunting down those Ms. Marvel and Iron Man figs.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #158 on: April 1, 2009, 08:29 PM »
I got Tiger Stripe Wolverine and Gambit, I think are pretty cool. I am not going heavy on this MU and Wolverine lines. I probably get the big hitters like Spidey, Capt. America, an Iron Man, Hulk etc.

X- Men is my big thing especially the 80s/90s stuff, I probably get most of the Comic Series x-men figs (if they do them) and get some Spidey villains.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #159 on: April 2, 2009, 08:57 PM »
I picked up Iron Man, symbiote Spider-Man, Thing, and Punisher from wave 3 today at Target.  Both versions of Ms. Marvel were already gone and I left the Hand Ninja behind.
« Last Edit: April 2, 2009, 08:58 PM by Neal »

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #160 on: April 4, 2009, 09:04 PM »
I got the modern Ms. Marvel from a fellow collector today.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #161 on: April 8, 2009, 08:02 PM »
I noticed today that Target has the X-Men Origins: Wolverine stuff (as well as the Wolverine and the X-Men animated figures) on sale for $5.99 each.  Not too bad a price if you're looking for Wolvie and friends.  The other Wolverine-related stuff (SHS, etc.) was on sale as well, until Saturday I believe.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #162 on: April 8, 2009, 08:39 PM »
For those interested, the MU Wolverine Motorcycle and Sabretooth comic versions are on sale at TRU.com for 13.98.  With shipping and tax it was still cheaper than the in store price.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #163 on: April 17, 2009, 07:23 PM »
I noticed today that our local WM has really stocked up on the Wolverine stuff now.  I also saw WM's "exclusive" figures of Wolvie and Sabertooth, which didn't look all that spectacular to me.  They seem to have "soft goods" jackets (the Wolvie had a "screaming" face) and they were over $10 each.

On the Marvel Universe side of things, this line seems to be selling very well around here.  I see a few figures here and there, but it is usually just Spidey, Black/Silver Wolvie, and Johnny Storm.  Target and TRU are often sold out, and there's just a few stragglers at WM.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #164 on: April 17, 2009, 10:42 PM »
On the Marvel Universe side of things, this line seems to be selling very well around here.  I see a few figures here and there, but it is usually just Spidey, Black/Silver Wolvie, and Johnny Storm.  Target and TRU are often sold out, and there's just a few stragglers at WM.

I'm definitely seeing very few of these on the pegs with the exception of KMart and their $10 price per fig.   ::)  It sure seems like they're selling through well, though who knows how much they're actually shipping compared to some of the other lines out there.  I certainly thought they would peg warm more than this at the $8+ price point.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today