Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 282374 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #195 on: May 11, 2009, 01:27 PM »
Just saw this on Hasbro Toy Shop:

Wolverine in Status Chamber

Kind of cool in a Bacta-Tank Luke kind of way, but not very movie accurate...  :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #196 on: May 11, 2009, 07:58 PM »
Lot of custom potential in that accessory.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #197 on: May 26, 2009, 11:03 AM »
MarvelousNews has some nice hi-res pics up of the first wave of the Secret Wars comic packs.  These look pretty nice, and I definitely hope to pick these up.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #198 on: May 26, 2009, 11:51 AM »
MarvelousNews has some nice hi-res pics up of the first wave of the Secret Wars comic packs.  These look pretty nice, and I definitely hope to pick these up.

Wolverine is a no-brainer, but the rest are easy passes for me.  I already have a cap, spidey doesn't look any better than the S1 version and do we really need another version of the Torch already?  I'm actually pretty dissapointed in these choices.  They could have put in cyclops (repaint the Wolvie Origins one), Black Suit Spidey, etc. instead of remaking torch or just repacking Cap.   :P
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #199 on: May 26, 2009, 11:59 AM »
Yeah, I can definitely see the point about the character choices - although it isn't surprising that they are including the "big guns" of Spidey, Wolvie, Cap (and likely Iron Man, etc.).  I guess Secret Wars was really going on when I first got "big" into comics as a kid, so it holds some nostalgia for me as well.  It is what really got me familiar with the Marvel U outside of Spidey's world, along with the toyline of the same name.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #200 on: May 26, 2009, 03:13 PM »
They also put up a pic of Marvel Universe Wave 5

I'm kind of disappointed in all of these. With the Comic Packs, I was looking forward to the Cap/Magneto set but I was hoping for a 90's Animated style Magneto (not a big follower of the comics so I don't know what the 'official' name is). I think I'll hold off for a better Magneto and just pick up Cap in the SDCC exclusive set. The other two sets, as you guys already pointed out, are pretty lame. Also I was hoping we'd get a better sculpted Spider-Man in the upcoming Wave 5 but it looks like all they did was give him a shiny paintjob. Lame, but hey it looks like I'll be saving some money.

Here's hoping that Comic Packs Wave 2, which I believe has characters like Cyclops, another Magneto, and Black suit Spidey, is a little better.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #201 on: May 29, 2009, 09:43 AM »
Some details have been uncovered regarding how to get the "mail away" Nick Fury for the Marvel Universe line.  Apparently, some of the wave 4 figures have forms in them (seen at the above link) that say you have to sign up for Marvel's Digital Comics Service to be able to get the figure.  Now, maybe Hasbro will implement another way to get this figure - but if not, I think that's pretty lame.  For a character that is fairly crucial to the Marvel Universe as a whole, and to make it a difficult/expensive mail-away is pretty silly.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Universe
« Reply #202 on: May 29, 2009, 10:31 AM »
Yeah thats pretty stupid. I don't see myself doing that.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #203 on: May 29, 2009, 10:34 AM »
I picked up Red Hulk, Moon Knight, and Union Jack this morning at Target.  A fellow collector grabbed Hobgoblin and Blade.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #204 on: May 29, 2009, 10:58 AM »
Some details have been uncovered regarding how to get the "mail away" Nick Fury for the Marvel Universe line.  Apparently, some of the wave 4 figures have forms in them (seen at the above link) that say you have to sign up for Marvel's Digital Comics Service to be able to get the figure.  Now, maybe Hasbro will implement another way to get this figure - but if not, I think that's pretty lame.  For a character that is fairly crucial to the Marvel Universe as a whole, and to make it a difficult/expensive mail-away is pretty silly.

How much does the digital comic service cost and how long do you need to sign up?  If it ends up being about the cost of some other mail-away exclusives and you get the DCS with it, that doesn't seem so bad.  If you have to sign up for a year and it costs $50, then that stinks.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #205 on: May 29, 2009, 11:00 AM »
Yeah, I'm not sure.  They didn't seem to say in the above link, although they listed prices for both.  If it is a yearly subscription, that would really be a rip.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Marvel Universe
« Reply #206 on: May 29, 2009, 11:18 AM »
I was looking into it a while back simply because I'm unfamiliar with so many storylines.  I think it was $10 a month or $60 a year if you go that route.  Super lame if that's what they're expecting collectors to do for a figure.

Anyone seeing the Nemesis wave hitting Wal Marts?  I've seen a few on eBay but nothing at my local stores (went to four of them this morning).  I need a Tigra if anyone can grab one for me.  :)

John

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #207 on: May 29, 2009, 01:13 PM »
I was looking into it a while back simply because I'm unfamiliar with so many storylines.  I think it was $10 a month or $60 a year if you go that route.  Super lame if that's what they're expecting collectors to do for a figure.

Anyone seeing the Nemesis wave hitting Wal Marts?  I've seen a few on eBay but nothing at my local stores (went to four of them this morning).  I need a Tigra if anyone can grab one for me.  :)

John

I've not heard of this landing anywhere in the states.  Seems to be more frequent in Canada if you have any contacts up that way.  I'm still seeking a Tigra as well, but not willing to pay evilbay prices.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #208 on: May 29, 2009, 01:27 PM »
Justin,
It isn't common in Canada, trust me.  No one over on the Canadian boards is talking about it at all.  Legends got some in and sold them at around $20 a piece, but the Nemesis wave hasn't hit general retail up here at all. 

Can't say I'm surprised at collector's being screwed over by big H on the ML stuff.  I saw a Tombstone figure the other day in the superhero squad scale stuff and was more than annoyed we never saw that in the 6" scale.  I get that lots of people still buy stuff but Hasbro just seems more anti-collector than anything else.  I still buy lots of stuff from them all things considered, but probably 10% of what I used to. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #209 on: May 29, 2009, 02:55 PM »
Justin,
It isn't common in Canada, trust me.  No one over on the Canadian boards is talking about it at all.  Legends got some in and sold them at around $20 a piece, but the Nemesis wave hasn't hit general retail up here at all. 

Can't say I'm surprised at collector's being screwed over by big H on the ML stuff.  I saw a Tombstone figure the other day in the superhero squad scale stuff and was more than annoyed we never saw that in the 6" scale.  I get that lots of people still buy stuff but Hasbro just seems more anti-collector than anything else.  I still buy lots of stuff from them all things considered, but probably 10% of what I used to. 

I have to agree with you on that Tombstone (as well as some others that we've seen in SHS).  I wish we would have seen that in the 6" line, or could eventually.