Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 283938 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #315 on: September 16, 2009, 03:32 PM »
For those keeping track,there are two more variants in this wave.  The Black & Red Spidey and an Iron Fist Variant which has the black logo on chest versus the yellow logo.  The Grey Hulk is also reshipping with this case

Has anyone seen the darker Red Daredevil variant?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 03:44 PM by Jim »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #316 on: September 17, 2009, 10:49 AM »
For anyone who is interested, the newest wave (Electro/Guardian/Spidey/Namor/etc.) is up at HTS.  I found Electro here locally, so I was glad to pick that one up.  This wave is supposed to be it for the year I believe, right?  That is, unless some of the 2010 stuff (House of M Spidey/Jean Grey/etc.) shows up towards the end of the year.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #317 on: September 17, 2009, 11:01 AM »
I found a bunch of the new wave at our local Wal-Mart last night.  There was only one Iron Fist, but must have been about 8 Silver Centurian Iron Mans.  Of course, not a single one had a good paint job.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #318 on: September 21, 2009, 11:57 PM »
I picked up the second wave of Secret Wars Comic Packs today at Target.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #319 on: September 30, 2009, 06:59 PM »
I picked up the Marvel Legends Nick Fury/Hand Ninja two pack at TRU today.  I missed Fury (or skipped him at the time) the first time he was released, so I was happy to add him to the Legends shelf now.  Even though we get these two packs every so often, opening this one up really made me miss the Legends line.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #320 on: October 1, 2009, 11:59 PM »
Finally came across the Iron Man/Spiderwoman Secret Wars pack tonight.  Didn't really need my 20th Iron Man  ::), but he actually looks pretty good.  I did have to get the Spiderwoman whomever she was packed with - definitely one of the best MU figs so far!
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #321 on: October 2, 2009, 11:56 AM »
You know, I picked up that 2nd wave of Comic Packs as well and thought the same thing about Iron Man.  I thought it would be exactly the same as the (2nd) single carded release, but the coloring is a bit different, and it looks pretty nice.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #322 on: October 2, 2009, 03:10 PM »
I nabbed the Maria Hill/Iron Man Legends 2pack at TRU today.  Never thought I'd see this at retail.  Not bad all things considered, but strange to buy the larger size figures again after so long!

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Life Sucks and Beats you Down and then you Die.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #323 on: October 3, 2009, 06:44 AM »
A local Target here in Minnesota raised the price of Marvel Universe figures from $7.99 to $9.29. :o  That's about the same price K-Mart sells them for.  I hope this price increase won't be happening at all Targets. :(

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #324 on: October 3, 2009, 09:55 AM »
A local Target here in Minnesota raised the price of Marvel Universe figures from $7.99 to $9.29. :o  That's about the same price K-Mart sells them for.  I hope this price increase won't be happening at all Targets. :(

Wow, that's ridiculous.  Which of our Targets did you see this at?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #325 on: October 3, 2009, 07:48 PM »
That is crazy.  We haven't seen prices like those here yet, but Marvel Universe stuff is always the highest priced 3 3/4"/Hasbro product on the pegs at Target and Wal-Mart (I think TRU is the same).  I've been slowing down on this line aside from the Secret Wars packs, and any future Spidey figs, but if they were in the $9 range, I'd likely say goodbye completely.  That's just too much for these, which are already too high I think.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #326 on: October 3, 2009, 10:55 PM »
This seems to be s disturbing trend.  There are reports that Walmart jacked the prices on their Clone Wars 2-pack exclusives from $12 something to $16 and change, now the Marvel figures.  Not good.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #327 on: October 3, 2009, 11:28 PM »
This seems to be s disturbing trend.  There are reports that Walmart jacked the prices on their Clone Wars 2-pack exclusives from $12 something to $16 and change, now the Marvel figures.  Not good.

E...

Well, Wal-Mart has always had their marvel figs at $8.44 as far as I know.  I'm sure Target saw that and said, "why the heck are we selling below Wal-Mart?"  They seem big into price testing at various stores, so it makes sense to offer up a $9 price point and see how these sell.

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Life Sucks and Beats you Down and then you Die.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #328 on: October 4, 2009, 06:26 AM »

It was the Hwy. 7 Minnetonka one.  I went to some more Targets on Saturday and all of them increased the price of their figures on 9/30 to either $9.29 or $8.44.  The ones with the higher $9.29 price seem to be Targets with no Wal-Marts in the area to bring prices down and the ones with the $8.44 price are ones with a Wal-Mart in the area.  Wal-Marts sell them for $8.44, so Target decided to match their price it would seem. :(

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #329 on: October 5, 2009, 12:17 AM »

It was the Hwy. 7 Minnetonka one.  I went to some more Targets on Saturday and all of them increased the price of their figures on 9/30 to either $9.29 or $8.44.  The ones with the higher $9.29 price seem to be Targets with no Wal-Marts in the area to bring prices down and the ones with the $8.44 price are ones with a Wal-Mart in the area.  Wal-Marts sell them for $8.44, so Target decided to match their price it would seem. :(

Yuck.  Well, that's a sure fire way to kill the line.  Glad I'm all caught up through wave 5.   :-\

Thanks for the head's up on pricing Joe!