Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 283979 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #435 on: January 21, 2010, 05:13 PM »
Has anyone caught a wiff of the new comic packs yet?  I thought we'd seeing them at retail by now...

In stock at EE now:

link

Temporarily Out of Stock  :(  I wouldn't buy a case of them at $15 a pop plus shipping anyway, but thanks!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Universe
« Reply #436 on: January 21, 2010, 05:33 PM »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #437 on: January 21, 2010, 05:33 PM »
Has anyone caught a wiff of the new comic packs yet?  I thought we'd seeing them at retail by now...

In stock at EE now:

link

Temporarily Out of Stock  :(  I wouldn't buy a case of them at $15 a pop plus shipping anyway, but thanks!

The shipping was free, and I saw Hawkeye and got all hot and bothered.

I can wait for retail too I guess, it'll probably be 1-2 weeks but I must have found 20 of every other comic pack anyhow.

We wait!
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #438 on: January 21, 2010, 09:00 PM »
Supposedly the new Comic Packs have already hit Targets on the west coast, so you may not be waiting for too long.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #439 on: January 21, 2010, 10:58 PM »
The shipping was free, and I saw Hawkeye and got all hot and bothered.

I can wait for retail too I guess, it'll probably be 1-2 weeks but I must have found 20 of every other comic pack anyhow.

We wait!

A fellow Hawkeye fanatic?  We're not logging in from the same IP are we Dressel?  Freaky.  Thanks again for the offer - I will keep you posted if I find extra.  Thought my comic subscription place might have them in as pre-orders by now, but no sign of them yet.   :P  Good to hear they're already hitting Target - thanks Neal!
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #440 on: January 22, 2010, 11:16 AM »
I am SO looking forward to this wave. Hawkeye and Thor are the hot ones for me. Ultron and Enchantress to a lesser degree. I could do without the Piledriver figure and Mr. Fantastic is meh to me. But he'll be another one of the FF made in that outfit. You just know they'll repaint Mr. F. in the other paint scheme though sometime down the line.

Anyone seeing Jean Grey, Vision, Sunfire and Warpath? I've never seen them and am a little concerned. I want one of each of them and haven't seen any of them as yet. Any help acquiring these would be greatly appreciated.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #441 on: January 22, 2010, 11:25 AM »
You just know they'll repaint Mr. F. in the other paint scheme though sometime down the line.

I'm not in love with the Reed Richards likeness.  They used the Daredevil body rather than the Johnny Storm body.  I'll probably be sticking Reed's head on another Torch body to get the proper look.  Love the other figures.

Anyone seeing Jean Grey, Vision, Sunfire and Warpath? I've never seen them and am a little concerned. I want one of each of them and haven't seen any of them as yet. Any help acquiring these would be greatly appreciated.

I have seen them all a couple times, Warpath the most.  For some reason I passed on Jean, I just didn't love the likeness all that much.  I actually thought repainting a Carol Danvers was a better option.  All my sightings were at TRU and Target.

If I see them again i'll buy them and PM you.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #442 on: January 22, 2010, 02:21 PM »
You just know they'll repaint Mr. F. in the other paint scheme though sometime down the line.

I'm not in love with the Reed Richards likeness.  They used the Daredevil body rather than the Johnny Storm body.  I'll probably be sticking Reed's head on another Torch body to get the proper look.  Love the other figures.

I have seen them all a couple times, Warpath the most.  For some reason I passed on Jean, I just didn't love the likeness all that much.  I actually thought repainting a Carol Danvers was a better option.  All my sightings were at TRU and Target.

If I see them again i'll buy them and PM you.

Ah, great idea to use a Human Torch fig for Reed. And yes, I would be most appreciative if you find them and can pick them up for me. I'm not so worried about the card (I open them) as I am about the paint application. So if you see multiples, please pick the best painted one.

Thanks in advance for any help on these!
-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #443 on: January 22, 2010, 05:15 PM »

I have only seen them once at WalMart in Tomah, WI and remnants at a WalMart near me.  My Targets have not moved past the Wal-Mart wave and I haven't seen TRU get anything new in several months.  I actually ended up buying my vision from a comic site - was a little worried about the paint job I'd get, but it was fantastic.  I passed on Jean as well because it's a crummy lookin' figure.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #444 on: January 28, 2010, 09:15 AM »
Nabbed the 3 new comic packs at WM last night - very happy I didn't have to hunt long at all after initial reports of them being found.  Thankfully, the paint apps are much improved over the last wave.  I didn't think about it until I was on my way home to look at all the wave 2 packs again to see if any of them that were repacked and had better paint apps.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #445 on: January 28, 2010, 09:44 AM »
Nabbed the 3 new comic packs at WM last night - very happy I didn't have to hunt long at all after initial reports of them being found.  Thankfully, the paint apps are much improved over the last wave.  I didn't think about it until I was on my way home to look at all the wave 2 packs again to see if any of them that were repacked and had better paint apps.

What state do you live in?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #446 on: January 28, 2010, 11:18 AM »
Guys you can get the new Secret Wars 2 packs at HTS.com right now.  Scheduled to ship in 1 day.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #447 on: January 28, 2010, 02:54 PM »
Guys you can get the new Secret Wars 2 packs at HTS.com right now.  Scheduled to ship in 1 day.

Thanks for the tip on these!  I only want two, so the $17 price after tax and shipping is still too steep for me.  If anyone has a current code that works on these, please post it!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Universe
« Reply #448 on: January 29, 2010, 12:52 AM »
Picked up the 3 new secret wars packs at walmart yesterday. 3 more to go
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #449 on: January 29, 2010, 02:41 PM »

Prototype Juggernaut.

There's a blurry picture going around from UK toy fair with a new 3.75" scale Colossus, Archangel, Juggernaut and a couple others.  

I think that's an AIM soldier probably on the lower left too.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 02:44 PM by Dressel Rebel »