Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 282386 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #495 on: February 26, 2010, 06:21 PM »
 :o drool....

« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 06:22 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #496 on: February 26, 2010, 06:25 PM »
there is supposed to be a Marvel Universe 6 pack on the way later in the year, although they didn't say who was in it specifically

Rooting for Angel, Beast, Scott, Jean, Bobby + Xavier.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #497 on: February 26, 2010, 06:29 PM »
I'm not much of an X-men fan, but that juggernaut is insanely cool.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #498 on: February 26, 2010, 08:04 PM »
there is supposed to be a Marvel Universe 6 pack on the way later in the year, although they didn't say who was in it specifically

Rooting for Angel, Beast, Scott, Jean, Bobby + Xavier.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's going to be based on this comic:

I'm not much of an X-men fan, but that juggernaut is insanely cool.

Agreed.  Juggernaut has been one of my most-wanted figures since this line premiered.  Hasbro didn't disappoint me.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #499 on: February 26, 2010, 09:11 PM »
Yeah, this is one line that won't cost you a fortune to collect. Some figures are still hard for me to find though. Still no Warpath, Jean Grey, Vision or Sunfire for me.

I'm not caving to scalpers/eBay though for those.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #500 on: February 26, 2010, 09:14 PM »
Yeah, this is one line that won't cost you a fortune to collect. Some figures are still hard for me to find though. Still no Warpath, Jean Grey, Vision or Sunfire for me.

You should try Hasbrotoyshop.com.  I think all those were in stock when I ordered by Black Widow, IM, and New Thor.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Marvel Universe
« Reply #501 on: February 26, 2010, 11:01 PM »
Found the new Iron Man 2 toys at TRU today.  These are very impressive in person.  I got the Mark 1 version.  Love it.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #502 on: February 27, 2010, 07:14 PM »

You should try Hasbrotoyshop.com.  I think all those were in stock when I ordered by Black Widow, IM, and New Thor.

I do constantly.

While there is a listing for them, when you actually go to add them to cart, they are not in stock. Haven't been for months now.

I check the site daily, usually 2-3 times a day too. If it gets by me it's because it was very low quantity and sells out in between when I check.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #503 on: February 27, 2010, 07:59 PM »
Dressel Rebel, thanks for posting those pictures.  I tried to see where you got them from but I had no such look.  Has Hasbro posted clearer pictures of the exclusives yet?  Particularly the Target MU 2 packs, and the Iron Man Target light-up armory packs.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #504 on: February 28, 2010, 06:09 AM »
Dressel Rebel, thanks for posting those pictures.  I tried to see where you got them from but I had no such look.  Has Hasbro posted clearer pictures of the exclusives yet?  Particularly the Target MU 2 packs, and the Iron Man Target light-up armory packs.

Those came from Marvel.com, I haven't seen the clear Hasbro pictures you speak of yet.

Also haven't seen any IM2 figures here yet.  Tried 2 Targets, 2 Walmarts, and a TRU yesterday.  Tomorrow's the official release, I'll check again. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #505 on: February 28, 2010, 09:18 PM »

Those came from Marvel.com, I haven't seen the clear Hasbro pictures you speak of yet.

Also haven't seen any IM2 figures here yet.  Tried 2 Targets, 2 Walmarts, and a TRU yesterday.  Tomorrow's the official release, I'll check again. 

Hopefully they get a wider release sometime this week.  I've only seen them at the local TRU thus far.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #506 on: March 2, 2010, 02:12 PM »
I sort of mentioned this in the Iron Man 2 thread while discussing the improved quality in both that line and Marvel Universe lately (and hopefully continuing), but if anyone is looking for a nice Spidey figure, the Super Poseable one in the current 3 3/4" line is not too bad.  I recently picked one up and I really like it.  It is well sculpted, and much sturdier figure than the previous MU version.  I will say that it is a more primary/bright version, and doesn't have the "dirty wash" that the previous one does.  I guess it depends what you are looking for, but I thought it was a pretty nice figure.  Not that the MU one is terrible or anything.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Universe
« Reply #507 on: March 2, 2010, 02:24 PM »
I've almost jumped into this a couple times and just can't do it...the latest being the Hawkeye Comic Pack wave.  Hawkeye looked good and the Ultron Pack looked good and then I picked the Thor/Enchantress pack and started to laugh.  Thor looks like a doughboy.  Terrible likeness, terrible sculpt...I put them all down.

The whole Captain America likeness deal from the Klaw pack deal still chaps my ass...oh well....Hasbro sucks :-*

I will say that the IM toys do look SW quality as opposed to the crap that is MU.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #508 on: March 3, 2010, 10:03 AM »
I thought that Thor/Enchantress pack was the weakest of the wave as well.  I think if anyone decides to get into the line at this point, or later, might be better off anyways.  Although I picked up a fair amount of the figures from the first year, I can't say that any of them were all that great overall.  The newer stuff is much better quality, along with the Iron Man line.  The first year's releases really seemed hit and miss though, and many of them are really "loose" in the joint department.

That's also something I've noticed with the older Toy Biz Legends (and I think Brent mentioned it once as well).  I was re-arranging those a couple of weeks ago, and a lot of them are tougher to keep standing now it seems.  Some were always that way, but they definitely aren't the most sturdy figures in some cases.  I can't imagine what those would be liked for kids who actually play with them, but that could probably be said for a number of toys.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #509 on: March 3, 2010, 01:09 PM »
I'm also not a big fan of the comic pack Thor, but I thought the basic carded new Thor was still pretty decent.  While I still wouldn't put these up on par with SW quality figures, they are some of the best we've ever seen from Marvel (see references to the up coming Juggernaut for reference!).  I could have probably lived without them, but I like my SW scale Marvel guys.  I've also bought a couple of the DC figures to make my MU figures look more impressive.