Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 281566 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #510 on: March 3, 2010, 02:03 PM »
I'm also not a big fan of the comic pack Thor, but I thought the basic carded new Thor was still pretty decent.  While I still wouldn't put these up on par with SW quality figures, they are some of the best we've ever seen from Marvel (see references to the up coming Juggernaut for reference!).  I could have probably lived without them, but I like my SW scale Marvel guys.  I've also bought a couple of the DC figures to make my MU figures look more impressive.

Agreed, I think the new "Modern" Thor is a great figure and the line in general seems to be picking up in quality.  Hopefully it continues.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #511 on: March 3, 2010, 02:15 PM »
fyi - 2 out of the 3 of the new new comic packs from the 4th wave of the Secret Wars are coming soon on HTS - the Dr. Doom pack is missing still.

I read reports yesterday on RS.com that some people out west were finding them at retail already - so this makes me happy because I  haven't opened any of them.  I am waiting to get them all, so I can open them in order, and read them with my son.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #512 on: March 3, 2010, 02:39 PM »
does, can, or will jedifender.com submit questions to the Marvel team to answer?  Also, while we are at it, would the QnA submission follow the same guidelines as that of the new GI Joe guidelines?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Marvel Universe
« Reply #513 on: March 3, 2010, 02:57 PM »
does, can, or will jedifender.com submit questions to the Marvel team to answer?

Not really.  We are invited to participate in all Hasbro brand Q&As, but usually don't since we're not really a Marvel focused fan site.

would the QnA submission follow the same guidelines as that of the new GI Joe guidelines?

Every brand team at Hasbro (GI Joe, Marvel, Transformers, and Star Wars) runs their Q&A independently.  I have no idea if the Marvel team's 2010 Q&A sessions will continue to be more open (like Star Wars) or if they will get more restrictive (like GI Joe).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Marvel Universe
« Reply #514 on: March 3, 2010, 03:01 PM »
Speak of the devil, I received an email from Hasbro laying out the guidelines for the Marvel QnA. I'd say restrictive like G.I.Joe

• Topics open for discussion – Deco Decisions, Design Choices, Design Process/Development and Redeco/Retooling. Also, questions pertaining to past and current Line Strategy and Marketing.

• Topics that cannot be addressed - “When will X toy be made/redesigned/released?”, Hypothetical, Sales/Cost Data, Product Idea Submissions, Potential Design/Redesign and Future Movie/Entertainment.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Marvel Universe
« Reply #515 on: March 3, 2010, 03:13 PM »
That figures.  I guess I should have checked my email before I answered.   :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #516 on: March 4, 2010, 09:30 AM »
disregarding all better judgement since I know these things have hit or miss paint jobs - I ordered all 3 of the new wave 4 Secret Wars comics since they have them all upped now plus the last (w00t) Rhino figure from the Spiderman line.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #517 on: March 4, 2010, 09:45 AM »
^ HTS.com has Nightcrawler/Storm/Dr.Doom/Wasp/Absorbing Man/Thing/Bulldozer 3.75" up.

Ordered 'em.  Can't wait.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #518 on: March 4, 2010, 10:28 AM »
^ HTS.com has Nightcrawler/Storm/Dr.Doom/Wasp/Absorbing Man/Thing/Bulldozer 3.75" up.

Nice grab.  The only character I'm remotely interested in from that group is Wasp and I've decided to hold out for a larger size version, so I'm passing on this wave.  Anyone need a spare Enchantress or the Wrecking Crew guy that comes with Thor?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #519 on: March 4, 2010, 02:29 PM »

I was thinking of doing that as well, but seeing that they aren't due to ship until the end of the month and they're already being found at retail, I'm going to try and score them at a store.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #520 on: March 4, 2010, 02:43 PM »

I was thinking of doing that as well, but seeing that they aren't due to ship until the end of the month and they're already being found at retail, I'm going to try and score them at a store.

You can cancel the order without penalty if you find them in the store first.  I've done it.

I hadn't seen the reports of them being found, when did they first show up?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #521 on: March 4, 2010, 02:50 PM »
I saw someone over at RS.com from Arizona I beleive post a day or two ago that they found them.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #522 on: March 4, 2010, 07:54 PM »
I am so far behind on this line. I haven't seen new product in ages. Crap ton of Waves 1 and 2 are clogging the pegs.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #523 on: March 5, 2010, 08:34 PM »
I still haven't seen any MU product in ages, but I snagged Venom and the SA Spider-Man from the new Spidey line tonight. Kinda kicking myself for buying Venom since we're supposed to get a hopefully better version in the MU line and I have enough Spideys, but this one looks to be made of "Star Wars quality" and not cheap-ish like the MU figs.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #524 on: March 6, 2010, 08:22 AM »

You can cancel the order without penalty if you find them in the store first.  I've done it.

I hadn't seen the reports of them being found, when did they first show up?

A friend of mine just scored these for me this morning at a local Wal-Mart, so they've hit the East Coast.