Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 281232 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #525 on: March 7, 2010, 11:34 AM »
So, does anyone else here bother with the Fury Files?  This program has been run so poorly.  Throughout the Marvel U launch newer waves have not been accessible.  I still have some older figures that were never available online.  The latest wave switches over to Hammer codes, but those aren't available anywhere on the site either.  ******* ridiculous.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Universe
« Reply #526 on: March 7, 2010, 08:22 PM »
I never got around to gettingt he Nick Fury figure, anyone have it? Worth tracking down?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #527 on: March 7, 2010, 09:44 PM »
I never got around to gettingt he Nick Fury figure, anyone have it? Worth tracking down?

I'm sure we'll see it released to the public in a year or two.  I don't know of too many people that were psyched about the online comic subscription (or price) to get him.
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #528 on: March 8, 2010, 01:46 PM »
...I don't know of too many people that were psyched about the online comic subscription (or price) to get him.

That is what held me back. I wouldn't mind getting the figure, but he's not THAT important for me to collect to have to pay for a subscription.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #529 on: March 9, 2010, 07:41 PM »
I saw the Hawkeye figure at Wal-Mart last night and thought it looked very cool.  Not $13 cool but maybe someday on clearance or loose for cheap.  The first 3 3/4" Marvel Universe figure I've liked since Green Goblin. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #530 on: March 9, 2010, 11:22 PM »
I saw the Hawkeye figure at Wal-Mart last night and thought it looked very cool.  Not $13 cool but maybe someday on clearance or loose for cheap.  The first 3 3/4" Marvel Universe figure I've liked since Green Goblin. 

I'm biased because Hawk is easily my favorite Marvel character, but I opened this pack up the other day and they did a really good job on the figure.  I was starting to worry that we wouldn't get him with Ronin coming out so soon, but I'm very happy to have him (even if I did have to pay $13 for him and wrecking crew flunkie).

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #531 on: March 10, 2010, 09:15 AM »
Just saw EE already has pre-order for wave 5 of the comic packs coming in July.  Case assortment =

2x Hulk & Cyclops
2x Cyclops & Phoenix
4x Wolverine & Spider-Man (Dark Reign)

kinda yikes here.  I guess if they were gonna choose any of the first 9 Secret Wars packs to repack - they probably chose the right one.

on the flip side, coming in May, wave 4 rev 1 of the comic packs is a great assortment if you were late in the game on wanting to collect this series:

1x Captain America & Claw
1x Human Torch & Wolverine
1x Red & Blue Spider-Man & Thunderball
1x Iron Man & Spider-Woman
1x Reed & Ultron
1x Absorbing Man & Dr. Doom
1x Thing & Bulldozer
1x Storm & Nightcrawler

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #532 on: March 11, 2010, 11:35 AM »
Drool....

This wave is pretty much perfect.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #533 on: March 11, 2010, 12:11 PM »
I'm not a fan of the A.I.M. soldier. Havok is okay, but I prefer the older version.

The rest are WIN though, IMO.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #534 on: March 11, 2010, 12:36 PM »
I am pretty sure I am down for one of each on this wave easily.  The only one I am kinda "meh" on is Colossus because I have the Wolverine one and I am pretty satisfied with it.  However, I can see me adding him to my cart if HTS were to put them all up at the same time - same as I did with Iron Man from the last MU wave.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #535 on: March 11, 2010, 12:41 PM »
Most of these are rather impressive looking to me, nice solid head sculpts. My major problem with the MU line has been that a lot of the heads look very soft and generic in comparison to most of Hasbros other lines, but these ones are definitely showing some improvement. Kitty Pryde is especially impressive, since I find most of the females in this line so far have been fairly unremarkable face wise.  She has a bit more personality going on.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #536 on: March 11, 2010, 12:49 PM »
Kitty Pryde is especially impressive, since I find most of the females in this line so far have been fairly unremarkable face wise.  She has a bit more personality going on.

while I don't know too much about the character, she looks pretty droopy eyed to me - like she is tired.  Is that her personality?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #537 on: March 11, 2010, 01:41 PM »
I am pretty sure I am down for one of each on this wave easily.  The only one I am kinda "meh" on is Colossus because I have the Wolverine one and I am pretty satisfied with it.  However, I can see me adding him to my cart if HTS were to put them all up at the same time - same as I did with Iron Man from the last MU wave.

The Wolverine Origins Colossus is a nice figure, my immediate reaction when I saw it was that it was perfect.

And then I put it in a display with my other X-Men figures.  And I realized the Wolverine Origins Colossus figure was an inch too short.

The better version is the Marvel Legends Showdown 3 3/4" scale Colossus:

That's Showdown on the right, and Wolverine Origins in the center.  The center version is too squat and short.  Colossus, while muscular, is very very tall as well.

I suspect this MU version will be the best of them all.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #538 on: March 11, 2010, 01:59 PM »
Drool....

This wave is pretty much perfect.

Yeah, from the pictures, this wave looks pretty nice.  It seems to be a more X-heavy wave overall, and the figures all look well done.  I'm definitely down for at least Colossus (never could find the Wolverine one), Juggernaut (which looks awesome), and Kitty Pryde.  I'm on the fence about a couple of others as well, as they all look good.  I hope the recent upswing in the quality of these figures continues.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #539 on: March 11, 2010, 07:42 PM »
I'll pass on the AIM Soldier because I really don't know anything about it and I'm not a fan of the uniform design.  Besides that, I'm all over this wave.

On a related note, I picked up Rhino from the Spider-Man line this afternoon at TRU.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 07:43 PM by Neal »