Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 282346 times)

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Marvel Universe
« Reply #555 on: March 30, 2010, 11:25 PM »
Yeah, I STILL haven't seen this in stores and need the set!

Yesterday was the first time I had seen a figure from this wave at retail - a Wolverine that was in the clearance aisle at a Wal-Mart that I go to occasionally.  Odd thing is, there was nothing else from the wave, and figures from all the previous waves were still sitting in the normal toy aisles at $7.88 a pop.

And for the record, that Wolverine looks even worse in person than it did in the pics.  Ugh.

John

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Universe
« Reply #556 on: March 31, 2010, 01:50 AM »
I found a vision, but never found Warpath. I believe Hasbro is supposed to eventually release a phasing Vision and classic color Warpath.  I am hoping for that Warpath.  I have yet to see any of Wave 7, still want Thor and Bucky.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #557 on: March 31, 2010, 12:44 PM »
I found a vision, but never found Warpath. I believe Hasbro is supposed to eventually release a phasing Vision and classic color Warpath.  I am hoping for that Warpath.  I have yet to see any of Wave 7, still want Thor and Bucky.

Yeah, there are pictures of both the phasing Vision and classic colors Warpath out there. I definitely want both. The phasing Vision from the Legends line was a pain in the arse to track down (for a decent price). I'm betting it's going to be just as much a pain for the Universe one as well. Especially considering the regular one is hard to come by already.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #558 on: March 31, 2010, 03:50 PM »
A little bit of a surprising find for me at TRU today, just happened to see some of the Wolverine Origins figures still on the pegs, and they had a couple of Colossus figures, which I hadn't ever seen at retail before.  Pretty nice figure, even with the MU one on the way.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #559 on: April 1, 2010, 11:28 AM »

And for the record, that Wolverine looks even worse in person than it did in the pics.  Ugh.

and see there is something odd about that which coincides with the whole absence of these variants.  I did see several of these Wolvies hanging on pegs at retail - they are all gone now - but each one of them had horrid headculpts/paint apps.

iirc, the site that hosts the images for these variants and said Wolverine - the Wolverine on their site had a pretty damn nice looking headsculpt.  So where did their nice Wolvie come from, and where the heck are the variants they showed off?  Sketchy? - maybe - although very odd - that Vision variant looks perfect and to be the real deal.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #560 on: April 3, 2010, 08:20 AM »
I have an extra Warpath carded and some other extras, PM me your wants - I'll try to help you out.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #561 on: April 5, 2010, 04:00 PM »
I found a Black Widow and Bucky this weekend. Also found the Doom/Absorbing Man and Storm/Nightcrawler comic packs. Just need Captain America and the Thing Comic pack and I'll be caught up (except for the Vision and Warpath variants). Oh and the Black Widow variant too...

THe one I found was the darker haired BW.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #562 on: April 6, 2010, 01:15 AM »
Has anyone actually confirmed the blonde Widow is available at retail? 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #563 on: April 7, 2010, 01:43 PM »

I didn't think there was a blonde version, just a different color red hair with a different hairstyle.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #564 on: April 7, 2010, 05:50 PM »

I didn't think there was a blonde version, just a different color red hair with a different hairstyle.

This looks pretty blonde to me.  There is a Black Widow II with blonde hair in the comics (currently leading the Thunderbolts I think), so seems to make sense that they'd make her if a variant was actually produced.

Photo curtesey of Toyark:
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #565 on: April 8, 2010, 01:51 PM »
Yeah, I forgot there is the Yelana version. That is the blonde one.

I wish Hasbro would have sculpted or just painted on the belt instead of getting this big ol' accessory. It looks out of place and doesn't conform to the figure's shape, which is how it's portrayed in the comics.

Ah well, I'll deal with it.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #566 on: April 13, 2010, 12:59 PM »
Is it just me, or have prices dropped on this line at HTS?  They are now $6.99.

I also saw some SW in the Legacy section as "coming soon" with the $6.99 price.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Universe
« Reply #567 on: April 14, 2010, 06:42 PM »
Finally found wave 7, great wave. I had no intentions of ever picking up Iron Fist but did after buying the Luke Cage. 
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #568 on: April 20, 2010, 11:18 AM »
Marvelousnews.com has both loose and carded images of MU 2010 wave 4 up.  I think almost all of them look great - MJ being the weakest of the bunch (but I will still get her).

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #569 on: April 20, 2010, 01:27 PM »
Blah - I'll probably pass on all of these.  They're nice representations, but not characters I'm interested in.