Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 283900 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #570 on: April 20, 2010, 02:14 PM »
Not even a Wrecker to finish off the Wrecking Crew?  I didn't even know who those guys were until I read The Secret Wars packs, but now that I have the other three - I have to buy their leader!  Besides, I do agree that they are, except for MJ, very nice representations of the characters.  Wrecker looking particularly dead on imo

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Universe
« Reply #571 on: April 20, 2010, 02:32 PM »
Man...Mary Jane looks like she's not wearing any pants!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #572 on: April 20, 2010, 05:19 PM »
Not even a Wrecker to finish off the Wrecking Crew?  I didn't even know who those guys were until I read The Secret Wars packs, but now that I have the other three - I have to buy their leader!  Besides, I do agree that they are, except for MJ, very nice representations of the characters.  Wrecker looking particularly dead on imo

I’m still sticking to Avengers, so I think I only ended up with a spare Pile Driver from the Wrecking Crew. If I cave, it will beon Iron Spidey.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #573 on: April 20, 2010, 08:35 PM »
Marvelousnews.com has both loose and carded images of MU 2010 wave 4 up.  I think almost all of them look great - MJ being the weakest of the bunch (but I will still get her).

Totally agree, except for the buying MJ part.  I won't be.  All of the other ones will be on my MU shelf.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Marvel Universe
« Reply #574 on: April 20, 2010, 10:05 PM »
Mary Jane looks terrible.  Dark Phoenix not so hot.  The female bodies they're using on these are really kind of blah.

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #575 on: April 21, 2010, 12:55 AM »
Yeah, they really need to retire that female body, the arms at least could benefit from being redone. They'd look so much better I think if they'd just throw in a few fabric folds or some little details or something to make it look less like it's just a body with new paint slapped on. They're wearing clothes, make it look like it.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Universe
« Reply #576 on: April 21, 2010, 02:40 AM »
I want them all, not happy with Mary Jane though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #577 on: April 21, 2010, 11:11 AM »
Wow, that MJ is kinda terrible. She'd make a great base body though for customs though.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Universe
« Reply #578 on: April 21, 2010, 11:25 AM »
She also puts Anna Nicole (RIP  :'() to shame!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 11:25 AM by Scott »

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #579 on: April 21, 2010, 11:57 AM »
Grabbed the "Mass Attack" version of Doc Ock from the Spiderman line from Walmart.  I went there last week and the pegs were empty for this line - when I went today the pegs were nearly full.  It consisted of 2 Doc Ocks, 2 Venoms, and all the rest various Spiderman figures.  Thankfully I already have Rhino, whom is a great figure, but Hasbro is not making too easy for fans to obtain him.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Universe
« Reply #580 on: April 21, 2010, 04:33 PM »
I have not had any luck with Rhino, stores still have plenty of first wave Aqua spider-man, dont see restocks soon.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #581 on: May 4, 2010, 11:38 AM »
pretty sick at the lack of availabilty in new product for this line.  My spider senses have been tingling for almost the past two weeks causing me to stalk HTS.com thinking the latest wave is going to go up for sale or at least pre-order....

No luck at all.

blasted failed spider sense!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #582 on: May 4, 2010, 12:52 PM »
Yeah, these have been tough to find locally as well.  It is sort of the same situation as recent SW waves with the lack of availability on both HTS and at retail.  Our closest WM doesn't even carry these, and Target has had the same figures (from the first wave or two) for a long time now.  TRU has gotten the Cap/Bucky wave in recently, but they seem to be the only ones getting new stock.  This line seems to sell great when it is actually stocked with something new, but that hasn't happened for awhile now.  Our daughter has recently gotten way into superheroes, and loves playing with these, so I've been on a lookout for Black Widow as well as a couple older figures (Daredevil, Black Panther, etc.)  Even the older figures - unless you are looking for Spidey, Iron Man or Wolverine - aren't very easy to find.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #583 on: May 4, 2010, 05:34 PM »
Yeah, these have been tough to find locally as well.  It is sort of the same situation as recent SW waves with the lack of availability on both HTS and at retail. 

You have to wonder, where the hell are they?  If they're not showing up in stores, and they're not even on Hasbro's retail website, then where are they?  Are they being produced in much lower numbers?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #584 on: May 10, 2010, 12:55 AM »
MarvelousNews has carded and loose pics of two new comic packs: Cyclops/Phoenix and Dark Spidey/Dark Wolverine. Might get Cyclops and Phoenix but Spidey and Wolverine repaints are the last thing this line needs.

Also I too haven't seen restocks of ANY Marvel product since the Iron Man 2 line hit shelves. What gives?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks