Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 282413 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Universe
« Reply #585 on: May 10, 2010, 11:03 AM »
MarvelousNews has carded and loose pics of two new comic packs: Cyclops/Phoenix and Dark Spidey/Dark Wolverine. Might get Cyclops and Phoenix but Spidey and Wolverine repaints are the last thing this line needs.

Also I too haven't seen restocks of ANY Marvel product since the Iron Man 2 line hit shelves. What gives?

I thought the spiderman/venom was new - he looks bulkier. 

as for the lack of product - my guess is Hasbro is being smart on delaying putting the product out so we spend all of our nickels on Iron Man while there is nothing new available in their other lines.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Universe
« Reply #586 on: May 10, 2010, 12:12 PM »
Went searching at a bunch of places for the new Iron man wave and the Rhino figure. No luck.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #587 on: May 17, 2010, 12:49 PM »
finally HTS put the newest wave up for preorder.  don't forget code "freeship20".

I nabbed one of each of the 6 for a total of $36

hawt!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 17, 2010, 01:02 PM »
Found a new wave of Spider Man figs today. A Hobgoblin and a bunch of gimmicky Spideys. I passed.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 19, 2010, 09:53 AM »
Saw the news on marvelousnews.com about Juggies helmet not being removable to show off his head.  His head is attached to his helmet.  I kinda figured since this was never really "show cased" by Hasbro.  So while this stinks, you had to see it coming - how else would they get us to buy him later down the line to get more money from us?

on a positive note - I am still super stoked that I was able to get these in on pre-order from HTS for such a good price. 

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 26, 2010, 04:45 PM »
I'm comming in late on this line. So, I'm trying to fill the gaps in my collection. Luckily, I have some of the last wave of Superhero Showdown figs, which really helps round out the set. I'm trying to keep it focused on the just the main heroes and their Rogue's gallery. I picked up a Marvel Legend BAF Sentinel, to showcase the X-Men. That figure is friggin huge! I plan on putting togather an Avengers Team, using a BAF Giant Man, should look sweet.

Fritzkrieg

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 27, 2010, 04:05 PM »
incase you haven't seen yet - new pics have surfaced for MU 

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbro_Marvel_Universe_Wave_10_Photos_Surface_131517.asp

some good - some meh.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 27, 2010, 04:09 PM »
Received my Entertainment Earth case with Juggernaut, Colossus, Kitty Pryde, Havok, Archangel, A.I.M. soldiers.

All of these are great!!  This line is getting progressively better.

Also ordered Hulkbuster Iron Man, Guardsman, and Titanium Man from Hasbrotoyshop.com
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 27, 2010, 07:26 PM »
Received my Entertainment Earth case with Juggernaut, Colossus, Kitty Pryde, Havok, Archangel, A.I.M. soldiers.

Very nice!  I just ordered the wave off of HTS on Monday.  It's my most anticipated wave yet.

Throw some pictures up, Matt.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 27, 2010, 07:37 PM »

All of these are great!!  This line is getting progressively better.

Also ordered Hulkbuster Iron Man, Guardsman, and Titanium Man from Hasbrotoyshop.com

I received that wave from BBTS this week as well, and I'll agree, I think the line is continuing to get better.  The last couple waves (the Black Widow/Modern Thor/etc. wave, and now this one) are both pretty well done.  Hopefully the trend continues.  I was on the fence about getting Colossus after having the Wolverine line version, but this one is quite nifty too.  I think the entire wave is pretty well done.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 29, 2010, 07:09 AM »

Very nice!  I just ordered the wave off of HTS on Monday.  It's my most anticipated wave yet.

Throw some pictures up, Matt.

Sorry, just saw this.  You must be getting them about now, so I doubt you need pics anymore!  This must mark the first time in history I got a new wave before you.  Preordering these cases from Entertainment Earth has been pretty good.  I think I'll preorder the next 2 with Multiple Man, Mystique, Skrull Soldiers etc.  They even include a $15 coupon with the order.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 29, 2010, 07:10 AM »
Anyone got a Marvel Universe Bullseye figure for sale or trade?

I have an extra carded 3.75" Rhino, WWII Cap, House of M Spidey, Iron Man Extremis, or cash.  I also have 20 other MU extras carded and loose, PM me!  I'll make it worth your while.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 07:12 AM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 29, 2010, 09:09 PM »
Anyone got a Marvel Universe Bullseye figure for sale or trade?

I have an extra carded 3.75" Rhino, WWII Cap, House of M Spidey, Iron Man Extremis, or cash.  I also have 20 other MU extras carded and loose, PM me!  I'll make it worth your while.

PM sent
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 1, 2010, 04:23 PM »
got my Juggie wave from HTS today - all have excellteny paint apps!    ;D

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 2, 2010, 01:09 AM »
Whoever called that MU 6 pack being based on Giant Sized X-Men #1 was correct. Seems a sample showed up on ebay,

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-x-6-Marvel-UNIVERSE-loose-2009-2010-/170494007822?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b23c1a0e

Not bad, kind of tempted to wait on Colossus now and get him from this set instead. BTW, is anyone else but me getting really tired of this Cyclops mold? We've gotten him in Secret Wars, getting another one in that Dark Phoenix Comic pack and now again? I didn't realize Cyclops' popularity was so high.