Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 284284 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #660 on: July 23, 2010, 04:52 PM »
Target should have plenty of room for these now that they're not carrying Star Wars figures.   ::)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 24, 2010, 10:50 AM »
I finally saw the Juggernaut Wave in the store. No sign of Arch Angel or Havok. Only two Juggs, one each of Colossus and Kitty Pryde. There were 4 AIM soldiers, but I'm not getting that one. Just don't like the look of it and it doesn't really fit in with what I am doing with the set up of these figures.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: July 24, 2010, 02:17 PM »
Just wanted to (at least locally) confirm the "expansion" of Target's MU section to 4 pegs.  Walked in this morning to find them FILLED with two cases' worth of the wave 8 "variant" case.  Got a Kitty, Colossus, "Death" Archangel, and Classic Havok for myself; by the time I went back later to pick up a Juggy and an AIM Soldier for some friends, all the Havoks, Kittys, and Deaths were gone.  The odd part was that they didn't have the original "winged" Archangel and the original Havok; hopefully those will show up in a revision case at some point in the near future.

The thing that sucks about the Classic Havok is that his headpiece is a separate piece attached to the center of his head (on front and back) by tiny pegs, and Hasbro's tight-as-crap packaging causes it to warp, which leads to it inevitably flopping to the side of his head upon removing him from the package.  Clones being unable to hold their guns is annoying enough, but to have a figure's head not look right?  Unacceptable.  I shouldn't have to superglue a figure together within seconds of opening it.

Also picked up the variant head Jim Lee Wolverine earlier in the week at a comic shop for only slightly above regular retail (this comic shop doesn't resell and orders directly from Diamond, so I didn't feel bad about it).  Definitely improves the figure overall by a longshot. 

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: July 24, 2010, 02:58 PM »
The thing that sucks about the Classic Havok is that his headpiece is a separate piece attached to the center of his head (on front and back) by tiny pegs, and Hasbro's tight-as-crap packaging causes it to warp, which leads to it inevitably flopping to the side of his head upon removing him from the package. 

I had the same problem with the one that I picked up.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: July 24, 2010, 09:53 PM »
Stopped by my local Target and, surprise, just a cluttered half empty toy section with everything on clearance. No expansion in the Marvel section, so it looks like I'm waiting for the big reset.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: July 24, 2010, 10:07 PM »
I don't even check Target anymore, it's been a disaster for like a year.

I'll probably start looking again in August.

Obviously their toy sales must have been sagging for the last year since there was nothing on the shelf or pegs to buy.  IMO if I walk into your store time after time after time with cash in hand ready to hand over to you, and there hasn't been anything stocked in a year, your potential profits were completely unrealized.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: July 24, 2010, 10:29 PM »
Yeah, I feel the same way.  I used to go to several Targets a week - I have been to maybe 2 or 3 in the last few months.  The sad thing is that this will be misread like everything else.  The Target honchos will say the decline in Star Wars sales is driven by lack of interest, so they should carry less.   ::)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: July 27, 2010, 10:27 AM »
I was able to get SDCC - Cap, Thor, and Spiderman (along with the Visionaries comic set) yesterday from HTS.  I was also very close to ordering a case of the Skrull wave but I smacked some sense into myself by saying I will not support bad case ratios or HTS.com selling cases only - so I will continue to try my luck at retail until HTS changes that.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: July 27, 2010, 11:18 AM »
I was able to get SDCC - Cap, Thor, and Spiderman (along with the Visionaries comic set) yesterday from HTS. 

Same here.  The all went up just as I left the office, so a co-worker/fellow collector ordered them for us.  He said that it took him nearly 30 minutes to get his order to process.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: July 27, 2010, 01:15 PM »
For anyone interested, HERE is a nice wrap-up of all things Marvel (Universe, Legends, Iron Man, Spidey, etc.) from SDCC.  Doesn't sound like a whole heck of a lot for the rest of this year, with more on the way in 2011.  Some highlights:

- 3 3/4" Iron Man Stuff, sounds like new figures are in three packs (Black Widow, removable masks Iron Man and War Machine at Target, Whiplash and others somewhere else, and the Fury pack at TRU)

- 6" Iron Man Legends at all retail in 2011 (Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo, Hulk Buster, War Machine)

- Some other 6" figures next year, then Legends back in full (alongside Universe) in 2012

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: July 27, 2010, 04:23 PM »
I have a Juggernaut that I would like to trade for a Kitty Pryde if anybody can hook me up.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #671 on: July 28, 2010, 04:31 AM »
I still cant find Archangel. Anyone have one they dont want?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: July 28, 2010, 10:50 AM »

Are you talking about the blue and purple version? Sorry, I don't follow X-Men that well, but I saw that one at my local Target the other day.  I can try to grab it if you want it for cost plus shipping.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: July 28, 2010, 03:29 PM »
was able to hide the red/silver Iron Man pegwarmers today and pulled a Jedi mind trick on the Target employee making him think they were out of stock on the sales floor (I just moved them to the IM2 section).  He scanned the peg, said there were a bunch in the back and brought out a case.  I scored the Archangel Death variant and the old school Havok and another AIM trooper.

It was nice to see Colossus and Juggie hanging on the pegs - shows the great potential of this line.  Those 2 figures are so BA - but I already had them.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #674 on: July 28, 2010, 11:27 PM »

Are you talking about the blue and purple version? Sorry, I don't follow X-Men that well, but I saw that one at my local Target the other day.  I can try to grab it if you want it for cost plus shipping.

Yeah the blue and purple regular version, cost and shipping works for me.

Thanks!
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"