Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 282397 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #720 on: September 3, 2010, 01:06 PM »
it was $59.99 still.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: September 3, 2010, 04:55 PM »
Anybody here pick up Galactus from SDCC - or going to when it hits retail?  I'll likely pass, as I'm happy with the Build a Figure from the Legends days - but the new version does look kind of spiffy and apparently has lights/sounds too right?  We'll see if/when I see it in person, but if it hits clearance I might consider it too.  Those "gigantic battle" packs at WM last year pretty much hit clearance as soon as they were stocked at our store for some reason, I think I picked up the Cap pack for $10 just for the Bucky-Cap figure.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #722 on: September 3, 2010, 07:54 PM »
Ben and I saw one for like $250 at Chicago Comic Con.  It is massive.   If I were more into the Marvel line, I'd probably go for it later on.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: September 4, 2010, 09:14 AM »
I am going to be all over Galactus when he hits retail.  I just started collecting Marvel figures with this MU line and I am loving it.  Honestly I am probably starting to be in favor of this line over Star Wars.  Probably the reason for being in favor of this line over SW though is I have just about one of every figure made - and MU is a wide open for possibilities.

If only the distribution was a better.....

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #724 on: September 4, 2010, 11:15 AM »
Have you guys seen the unmasked Iron Patriot figure. I so want it. That was the figure i wanted from the last subscription poll. I am actually glad he didnt win and they released him in the regular line.

I was hitting an out of the way WM looking for the Jabba pack today, and happened to see two of these on the pegs there.  I picked one up, just to add to the Spidey shelf, kind of a neat version/variant.

Same thing happened to me. Was happy to fond it so quick. Still can't find the havok or archamgel variants.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: September 7, 2010, 04:24 PM »
man the frustrations continue.  still no shipping notice from TRU.com and I am making daily stops at retail because of all the reports I hear about people finding them all over the country.  Finally got a good piece of news that one of my local retailors supposedly have 3 cases in the back but they are probably burried on the pallets and they will get to them when they get to them.   ::)   more daily stops for me?    >:(

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 7, 2010, 07:23 PM »
man the frustrations continue.  still no shipping notice from TRU.com and I am making daily stops at retail because of all the reports I hear about people finding them all over the country.  Finally got a good piece of news that one of my local retailors supposedly have 3 cases in the back but they are probably burried on the pallets and they will get to them when they get to them.   ::)   more daily stops for me?    >:(

What store has them in the back?  I haven't seen or heard any sign of them around here.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 8, 2010, 08:46 AM »
WM

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 8, 2010, 09:33 AM »
Anyone compare the new Galacticus to the Toy Biz ML BAF Galacticus? I was just wondering if anyone had a chance to put them side by side and what the consensus is.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 8, 2010, 11:08 AM »
Not that they are "new" releases perhaps as the US retail shelves go but the Bucky,Black Widow,Iron Man,Thor (modern) and Old school Capt America are now in some Target stores here in Australia just recent and I thought they were mostly pretty good but the Iron Man was quite lame IMO.

I like IM a lot and am still not really thinking a decent mold of him in 3&3/4" scale has been acheived least in the MU line.
« Last Edit: September 8, 2010, 11:09 AM by 501ST »
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 8, 2010, 11:43 AM »
Anyone compare the new Galacticus to the Toy Biz ML BAF Galacticus? I was just wondering if anyone had a chance to put them side by side and what the consensus is.

I haven't put them side by side, but from what we know, the BaF Galactus is roughly 12 inches tall, while the new one if 19 inches tall.  You've seen the pictures.

Here's a good comparison:

The new Galactus is MUCH taller and more detailed especially around the head.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 8, 2010, 04:10 PM »
In the comics, Galactus stands 26' 9" tall.

If the average super hero is 6' then in the comics Galactus is roughly 4.5x taller than man.

So as far as the figures go, a 4" figure up against the 19" Galactus is approximately the correct proportion.

The BAF version is roughly 50% too small.

I'm not a mathematician, but it seems that the new 19" Galactus is pretty much perfect in scale.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 8, 2010, 04:16 PM »
nice comparisson shot - can't wait to get Galactus.   ;D

I did have a stroke of good luck today in finding Iron Spiderman and a Skrull Soldier with the english base - someone beat me to Wrecker.  Now I just need to find Wrecker, Iron Patriot with Norman head, and long haired Winter Soldier.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 9, 2010, 10:26 AM »
I guess I didn't realize the new Galactus was that much larger than the Legends BAF - wow.  Now I'm slightly tempted to pick this up (not to mention the lights/sounds).  I'm sort of back and forth with this line, but I do think the quality has really gotten better in recent waves.  Right now, I'm just picking and choosing instead of buying the majority of the line.  I've started seeing the Winter Soldier/Iron Spidey/MJ wave at retail a bit now, but the rest is mostly older stuff.  I'm not sure who was all included in the Black Widow wave, but I don't think I've ever seen that wave at retail.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 10, 2010, 09:29 AM »
A little bit more success for me yesterday:  Wrecker from WM and Skrull with Skrull writing base from Target. 

Now I just need to find Iron Patriot with Norman head, and long haired Winter Soldier.

Also, it sure would be neat if I stop at TRU today (they sometimes get trucks on fridays) and found me a Galactus!!