Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 284058 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #780 on: October 13, 2010, 03:57 PM »
As for Deadpool he is coming in on of these packs for sure:

Might get the top set, but really only thing "new" is Ant Man. The other figures are repaints.

Passing on the bottom set.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: October 13, 2010, 04:24 PM »
Same with me, but I will be getting the top set cuz I like what I am seeing in the Hulk and the Iron Man

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: October 14, 2010, 10:36 AM »
I picked up Yellowjacket, Constrictor, and Dark Hawkeye at Wal-Mart last night.  Thanos was already gone.
 :(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: October 14, 2010, 11:20 AM »
Is there a handy checklist out there somewhere? 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 14, 2010, 12:52 PM »

the one at CTR looks pretty complete to me - even with all the stuff shown at the recent Cons and rumored comic packs.  Honestly, since Curto follows this lineup pretty well (he has said countless times that he is more excited about this line than SW), and has had those excluisve interviews with the Hasbro MU crew, for him to already include the "newly rumored" comic packs on the check list makes me think they are pretty official.  Afterall, he didn't put them under the rumor list at the very bottom of the checklist, but all that is pure speculation on my part.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro_MU.asp
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 01:06 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 14, 2010, 04:11 PM »
Thanks. 

Interesting to see that the fan's choice always has a stinker - so many Luke Cage on the pegs here it isn't funny.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 15, 2010, 10:53 AM »
I picked up Yellowjacket, Constrictor, and Dark Hawkeye at Wal-Mart last night.  Thanos was already gone.
 :(

Don't upset me this early in the day.

I'm drooling over Dark Hawkeye and Pym.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: October 15, 2010, 12:07 PM »
Okay I got out of the office to go look.  No wave 11 yet.  But I did find Galactus at TRU.

So now I'm okay for a day or so.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 02:31 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 15, 2010, 02:30 PM »
I saw the wave with Thanos, Hawkeye and the others last night at Walmart.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: October 15, 2010, 02:32 PM »
It didn't last a day.  I'm again fiending for Bullseye and Yellow Jacket.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 16, 2010, 01:32 PM »

Are you thinking about picking up some of this line Brent?  I have to admit, I've been back and forth with it.  I have quite a few (maybe even most, after awhile), but I was thinking about dropping the line for awhile.  I think some of the earlier waves were a little rough, but the quality seems to have taken a pretty good step up with recent releases.  That said, with word that Legends might be returning in a more regular way in 2012, I'm rethinking things again.  It does sometimes seem silly having two displays going, with essentially the same figures, but the 3 3/4" stuff sure is more space efficient.  The 6" stuff just seems to "look" better for the most part though.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 16, 2010, 07:10 PM »
I'm still torn Brian.  I love the old Legends stuff but I've already started thinning that herd.  If I commit to getting rid of more stuff, even all of it, then the MU stuff seems somewhat manageable because of the scale. 

The larger issue for me is quite simply display space so the 6" scale, while I like it better for the detail and having pretty much all I want already, is cumbersome.  I could get a decent enough 3.75" collection in far less than half the space. 

I think it'll boil down to what I end up doing with the original line.  If I can move it for decent enough money, then yeah, I'd probably start over but not worry about chase stuff.  The pricing here is terrible, but HTS.com is reasonable given our dollar is on par.  If they're selling singles then it works out ok price wise at the moment.  The prices here, as I've pointed out several times, are horrendous. 

Another advantage to coming into the line late is that some of the two packs, with duplicate figures in them, I don't own yet.  So I can go and buy something like Captain America and Klaw and not end up with extra stuff.  Looking over the checklist there's lots I don't want either so I'm not setting up to be a completist.  I'm obviously late on the first Series but some of that stuff is still on the pegs here and a lot of it I simply have no interest in.  I've had the original red/blue and black Spiderman figures in package since they came out, thinking about what to do.  Some of the sculpts have gotten a lot better too.

I guess the frustration would come with some of the exclusives that I've missed.  I can keep my Galactus from the ML line and not feel bad though.  So I guess, yeah, I'm leaning towards starting something since I'm actually collecting so little now.  Getting rid of 6" makes a lot of space that this stuff won't reach in terms of size.  Of course if I leap in, they'll can this stuff and go back full force to the 6" but what can I do?   ;)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #792 on: October 16, 2010, 10:05 PM »
I was totally against the line at first but have fallen in love with it. My interest in 6 inch legends is pretty much gone. This has always been my favorite scale anyway. Still missing a few from the early waves but am pretty up to date. Basically Brent, go for it  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: October 21, 2010, 09:08 AM »
I got the Sentry/Spider-Man Comic Pack from a fellow collector last night.  He picked the set up at a local Wal-Mart.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 22, 2010, 07:05 AM »
Found Sentry last night at both TRU and Walmart.

No sign of Carnage or Wave 11 yet.