Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 285458 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #1005 on: April 25, 2011, 05:14 PM »
fyi the $3 off IM2 coupons from playsaver.com works on the Target exclusive MU 2 packs.  I still wonder if they work on single carded MU figures - but I have not had/found a reason to try it out yet.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1006 on: April 27, 2011, 04:50 PM »
Saw the xmen box set today. I passed. Would have probably picked it up of it was the variant set.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: April 27, 2011, 09:36 PM »
Is that the 6 figure set? Where did you see it?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 28, 2011, 06:24 AM »
Is that the 6 figure set? Where did you see it?

It's a Toys 'R' Us exclusive.

Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Proudstar, Wolverine, Cyclops.

I see some people talking about the "variant" but I have no idea what the variation is.

I really only want Storm and Proudstar, the other 4 most of us have already.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: April 28, 2011, 06:47 AM »
Dressel, see the Nightcrawler & Storm in this link for the "variant" http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=14024

Nightcrawler has some "bamf" body parts, and Storm has some white shading not shown anywhere else

video review of "normal" set for comparison http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=14037
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 06:53 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: April 28, 2011, 05:54 PM »
I only have Wolverine and Cyclops from that list, and last I saw Wolverine is painted the proper yellow (not orange like the Origins figure from a few years back) and Cyclops is different too so I'm down for this set.

Might have to drop by TRU for the first time in ages and snag it.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: May 2, 2011, 04:36 PM »
fyi - the $5 off IM2 vehicle coupons work on the WM Gigantic Battle sets   8)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: May 9, 2011, 10:11 AM »
Officially pissed off at HTS.com for not putting wave 13 singles up for sale and only putting the entire case up for pre-order...   >:(

edit:  just noticed on the HTS images that little baby Hope is not in pics for the carded or the loose version of Cable on HTS.com
« Last Edit: May 9, 2011, 10:53 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1013 on: May 9, 2011, 07:57 PM »
I know there was going to be  arunning change with Cable, eventually without the baby. I got my version from BBTS with Hope.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: May 9, 2011, 08:32 PM »
I received the two latest Comic Packs and the X-Men six pack today from a fellow collector.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 9, 2011, 08:54 PM »
I know there was going to be  arunning change with Cable, eventually without the baby. I got my version from BBTS with Hope.

One of my online "friends" got the figure and the baby is removable... I didn't think it was a running change, but if that's the case then it really sucks.

Regarding the HTS.com case packs, that sucks too. They're doing the same thing for Joes and Star Wars... the individual offerings made them preferable to other online stores. I guess they were getting stuck with too many Iron Mans and Wolverines.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: May 9, 2011, 11:02 PM »
I guess they were getting stuck with too many Iron Mans and Wolverines.

Perhaps they could notice that and learn?  Nah, probably not. 

I've had no luck with HTS.com for the most part anyway, only ever seeing red buttons for sold out, so I'm not too broken up not seeing the singles up there.  I'm still without a Vision and others that have been up now for what seems like months, but seldom in stock.  Not much point in that. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: May 10, 2011, 12:09 AM »
Regarding the HTS.com case packs, that sucks too. They're doing the same thing for Joes and Star Wars... the individual offerings made them preferable to other online stores. I guess they were getting stuck with too many Iron Mans and Wolverines.

Or maybe Target and Walmart aren't such big fans of Hasbro selling their individual figures online, especially on a line that doesn't seem to move all that fast.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: May 10, 2011, 01:54 AM »
The thing that works against HTS.com is that Hasbro gears their case ratios to what will sell at retail.  Collectors that shop online aren't going to touch figures they already have and that leaves HTS with the Wolverine and Iron Man figures.

From a business standpoint, it's probably good for HTS to sell sets or cases to compensate for the case ratios that Hasbro creates.  Vader will sell all day at retail but really, which of us needs another figure of him?  Every line has its Vader and HTS needs a way to get rid of them.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: May 10, 2011, 03:42 AM »

Perhaps they could notice that and learn?  Nah, probably not. 

I've had no luck with HTS.com for the most part anyway, only ever seeing red buttons for sold out, so I'm not too broken up not seeing the singles up there.  I'm still without a Vision and others that have been up now for what seems like months, but seldom in stock.  Not much point in that. 

Vision, Archangel, Warpath, have all come in stock on HTS.com in the last 2 months, I saw it 10 times myself.  But let me tell you that they are in stock for about 10 minutes and then sold out.  You literally need to have the figure you want up on the screen, and refresh it whenever you walk by the computer.  If I were not at a job where I sit down at the computer after every appointment and wait for the next appointment, I would have never seen it happen.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda