Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 44274 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #1050 on: June 10, 2011, 11:39 PM »
Have to think about that one.  No stand, no weapon.  Back of the factory cast off.  But cheaper than otherwise. 

TRU.com had Apocalypse and Cyclops in stock so I pulled the trigger on those.  $21.54 after shipping for both, but still cheaper than Canadian retail so it didn't hurt so bad.  Wish they'd have had Cable in stock as I'm still missing that one. 

Wish I had known you needed these - I saw that wave at TRU a few weeks back.  Almost bit on Apocalypse, but I stuck to my guns on only collecting Avengers.  :-\
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: June 21, 2011, 05:01 PM »
One of our retailers jumped up the price of the two packs to $24.99  :o 

If that settles in as a real price I'll be done with this line awfully quick.  Walmart is still $19.99 and HTS.com is down at $14.99 if they have whatever in stock. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: June 30, 2011, 10:58 AM »
I received the Avengers and X-Force team sets in the mail today from BBTS.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: June 30, 2011, 02:17 PM »
I received the Avengers and X-Force team sets in the mail today from BBTS.

Received those as well, really looking forward to the Fantastic Four set (hopefully coming this month).  I know our daughter is really looking forward to being able to have a Sue Storm/Richards figure.

I noticed that BBTS also put up some new preorders including Wave 4 (which we know about - Darkhawk, Steve Rogers, etc.), and also Wave 5, which I didn't know about.  Here's what they list as the contents of Wave 5:

Tony Stark Iron Man
Iceman
Absorbing Man
Astonishing X-Men Wolverine
Magneto

They also list a Guardians of the Galaxy "Team Pack" coming in that same line that released the Original Avengers and X-Force sets.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 02:27 PM by Brian »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1054 on: June 30, 2011, 06:57 PM »
Looking forward to wave 4 andthe Guardians set but wave 5 is a dud. Pass on that for me.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: July 9, 2011, 11:37 AM »
Some people have problems with the retail version of the Sentinel - I dont have a problem it - I want one of each.

And thanks to my "evilanimation notification" (patent pending) I have one on preorder from TRU.com: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11152147

Shipping is free because it is over $49

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: July 9, 2011, 09:44 PM »
I snagged a Falcon at Target yesterday.  Was really surpised to see him - I didn't realize these were out yet.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: July 14, 2011, 04:49 PM »
Any idea what assortment he shipped out in?   I'm after the Falcon, but depending on the wave, not really much else.  I am digging the new Namor. 

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: July 14, 2011, 08:49 PM »
Any idea what assortment he shipped out in?   I'm after the Falcon, but depending on the wave, not really much else.  I am digging the new Namor.

Falcon is part of Wave 14, which also contains Dr. Doom, Dr. Strange, Scarlett Spider, and Skaar.
Speaking of which, I had an endcap shipper pulled from the back room today at a local Target which contained this wave.  It slightly bothers me that of the 24 figures in the shipper, 7 of them are Scarlett Spiders.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: July 14, 2011, 11:03 PM »

There was a second Falcon on the pegs.  Let me know if you want me to check and see if it is still around.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: July 16, 2011, 12:47 AM »
I'm good Justin.  I'll wait a bit but thanks for the offer.  Still hunting for Cable though. 

Not quite MU but I did find a couple of Shocker figs from the Spidey line today, along with a Lizard and a Scorpion.  Left the Scorpion behind simply because the figure did nothing for me.  I assume it's a cartoon related version. 

Online Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • DONT TREAD ON ME
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1061 on: July 16, 2011, 12:52 AM »
Still hunting for Cable though.

Which version?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 16, 2011, 02:09 AM »
Don't care.  Baby, no baby is all the same to me.  I'll open it and probably lose Hope. 

Baby back, baby back, baby back ribs....

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 17, 2011, 08:50 PM »
I recently received the Fantastic Four team set from HTS.com.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 18, 2011, 08:36 PM »
I'm good Justin.  I'll wait a bit but thanks for the offer.  Still hunting for Cable though. 

Not quite MU but I did find a couple of Shocker figs from the Spidey line today, along with a Lizard and a Scorpion.  Left the Scorpion behind simply because the figure did nothing for me.  I assume it's a cartoon related version.

I'll trade you Cable for Shocker straight up.  PM sent cuz I don't know how often you check here.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda