Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 281552 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #1305 on: June 26, 2012, 12:03 PM »
Why was Curto posting over at RS again? They don't deserve the benefit of his knowledge.

Voted! I haven't seen him post much in the SW section, I'm assuming the above was in the Cool Toy Review section for Marvel?  I don't follow that part of the board.  I'm assuming he's still in the Rochester area of that forum, though, since a lot of his local friends are in there.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: June 26, 2012, 01:24 PM »
MU was the one line I felt like Hasbro got right for the most part. The new waves seemed to ship with some regularity, they sold through pretty briskly, and it was never that impossible to find stuff you wanted. (Aside from that #$%^* Astral Dr Strange!)

Agreed. Not to mention EXCELLENT CASE RATIOS, with most recent cases having figures packed 2 per case.

I remember in 2010 the distribution was just as bad as Star Wars is now, with a majority of my local stores not even carrying the line despite having it when it debuted. I sent in a question through JD to their Q&A asking why figures weren't shipping and why my stores weren't carrying the line, and despite the snarkiest response, someone actually was paying attention, and ALL my stores started getting in new figures.

I only bought a handful of figures from this line but I will still be sad to see it go. It's going to suck not having an alternative to the movie focused lines.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: June 26, 2012, 09:09 PM »
Now to add further confusion to the mix - we have Onyx (whom seems to have been speaking with someone on the Marvel team lately) over at marvelousnews.com saying everything is fine and we will see goods at SDCC.

he even dropped the hint bomb that Abomination IS coming!   

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1308 on: June 27, 2012, 12:22 AM »
You guys ever notice that Curto never says anything concrete...everything is a wink and a nudge and a "I knew that a long time ago".after the fact.  Chillax

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: July 5, 2012, 12:22 PM »
I received the Heroic Age Heroes 3-Pack (Red Hulk, Iron Man, Thor) in the mail today.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: July 5, 2012, 02:47 PM »
Marvel Digital Comics is running a promotion where you can get 30% off an annual subscription and you get an unmasked Dr. Doom figure free (for $5.17 S&H).  The fig is the standard Doom body with a Steve Rogers Cap head and the removable Infinity Gauntlet that came with Adam Warlock from the Thanos 2-pack.  Link to subscribe is here:  http://marvel.com/victorvondoom
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 07:25 PM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: July 12, 2012, 08:36 AM »
Looks like some cool stuff is coming down the pike...Hercules, Puck, Scarlet Witch, She-Hulk, etc.  They're putting She-Hulk in a comic 2-pack with Wolverine; I wish they'd do the same thing and get Vision back out there with the Scarlet Witch in a 2-pack.  That's a no brainer that won't happen. 

From the Marvelous News site's pictures, there were some blurry pictures of Rogue, but I couldn't tell if she's a single carded figure or in a pack that has four guys I've already got.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: July 12, 2012, 09:50 AM »
Looks like some cool stuff is coming down the pike...Hercules, Puck, Scarlet Witch, She-Hulk, etc.  They're putting She-Hulk in a comic 2-pack with Wolverine; I wish they'd do the same thing and get Vision back out there with the Scarlet Witch in a 2-pack.  That's a no brainer that won't happen. 

From the Marvelous News site's pictures, there were some blurry pictures of Rogue, but I couldn't tell if she's a single carded figure or in a pack that has four guys I've already got.

Rogue comes in a 3-pack (well, 4-pack in this case) with the brown Wolverine, Longshot, and the mini-Cyclops.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: July 12, 2012, 10:11 AM »
Are they still making new figures for this line? I haven't seen anything new this year yet. It's like they just threw everything out the window for Avengers. That Puck figure was trawled out back at NYCC, how's about getting him on the pegs?

Has there been any talk floating around about them ending the line as we heard recently?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 10:11 AM by McMetal »
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: July 12, 2012, 10:21 AM »
Looks like some cool stuff is coming down the pike...Hercules, Puck, Scarlet Witch, She-Hulk, etc. 

Awesome.  About time they made a few more B-Side Avengers!  Just need a Black Knight and a Sersei in this line to be all set...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: July 12, 2012, 10:49 AM »
Lots of neat stuff, but it looks like (at least so far) all the "new" figures are from either comic packs or the multi-packs.  The individual figures, while great, are pretty much all stuff we've seen before at Toy Fair or even last year's cons (or in the slideshows).  Those upcoming waves are all pretty great, and it has really been a dry spell for this line in 2012 with all the Avengers (and Spidey) focus.  I'm very curious to hear if any of this "end of the line" stuff is true, or if we're just seeing a rebranding in 2013 or something.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: July 12, 2012, 11:33 AM »
Looks like a big Doombot is coming next in the Masterworks line

update I guess his name is Ultimo but people aren't sure if he is a custom or if he will be coming.  same with Sharon Carter, Doombots and the Purple Man.  There may be other figures in the display I am not remembering being seen for the first time
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 03:17 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1317 on: July 13, 2012, 10:55 AM »
To me there seems like a lot of cool stuff coming from Marvel.  Like Brian said, not so much in the main line but were figures I went "cool' too...including this:

Something I've been waiting for ever for...

Not this:

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: July 13, 2012, 05:54 PM »
Theres a classic Rhino, Mysterio and Electra coming for spring 2013! Mysterio is my favorite Spidey villain so this is great to see! Super stoked.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: July 13, 2012, 08:55 PM »
Just saw that today as well, pretty cool.  So I wonder if all those "MU is ending" rumors were just that too, or what.  Not a ton of new stuff shown necessarily here either (at least in the main MU line), but maybe there is more to come.  Is there a Marvel Panel/Q and A at some point this weekend too (I'm guessing so)?