Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 282333 times)

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #1365 on: August 22, 2012, 01:30 PM »
I grabbed the Wolverine/Hulk Comic Pack today, just because Hulk is a brighter green and has eyebrows.  Yeah, I know.  I suck.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: August 25, 2012, 09:15 PM »
Received the recent She Hulk/FF Spidey/etc. wave from BBTS yesterday.  Really a nice wave overall, this line has really come a long way since the initial waves.  I didn't get any of the Bag Man Spideys (I had ordered two), hoping to be able to find those.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: August 30, 2012, 01:07 PM »
Spotted a She-Hulk at TRU today but passed. No signs of the others from the wave
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: August 30, 2012, 03:19 PM »
Spotted a She-Hulk at TRU today but passed. No signs of the others from the wave

Single carded or comic pack?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: August 30, 2012, 07:11 PM »
Single carded

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: August 31, 2012, 03:27 PM »
Single carded

Wow, didn't know those were out already.  Thanks!
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: September 1, 2012, 06:15 PM »
I saw both of the Avengers VS X-Men comic 2-packs today in NYC.  The Wolverine & She Hulk set looked pretty cool.  But I wasn't so crazy about the Magneto & Cap set.

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: September 5, 2012, 09:23 PM »
Uh-oh.  Wally World reset and no MU pegs.   :-\  Marvel Legends 6", yes, but no MU. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: September 12, 2012, 01:25 PM »
Found remnants of the newest wave at TRU today. 2 Punishers, 2 She-Hulks and 1 FF Spidey. Snagged a Punisher for myself and the Spidey for Former JediDefender Poster Famine. Can't bring myself to buy a She-Hulk for some reason

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: September 12, 2012, 03:09 PM »
Uh-oh.  Wally World reset and no MU pegs.   :-\  Marvel Legends 6", yes, but no MU.

my WM moved everything to 2 pegs.  Mostly all the figures on these two pegs is the Thor with the Doc Samson head.  Yesterday I took it upon myself to help MU out a little.  Below the 2 pegs for MU were 2 pegs for the DC 2 pack galactic hero styled figures.  I decided to take it upon myself and move the DC 2 packs all to one peg (the bottom peg) since there weren't that many of them, take away pricing info on the 2nd to bottom peg and replace it with the MU tag from the top peg, and then disperse the MU figures equally to the newly created 3rd peg. 

Now hopefully an employee will see room on the pegs and, if there is a case in the back, stock the pegs with new figures!

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: September 18, 2012, 05:11 PM »
I just got notice that my order is in for processing on this wave, and I'm jazzed to finally get some new figures.  But while checking around, I noticed another revision coming up which convinces me that MU has to be the dumbest line in the world when it comes to case assortments.  Exhibit A: this, coming out in November.  Every single one of those has been readily and easily available, only a couple are commanding any sort of demand on the secondary market, one of them being Juggs, who is in this month's revision case.  Why they can't stick a couple Visions or something in one of these garbage revision assortments is beyond me. 
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: September 18, 2012, 09:27 PM »
HOLY **** that is an awful revision 3 case assortment!

Thanks for reminding me about the other revision wave though - I decided to cancel my preorder just and try my luck with retail.  I just got wave 18 at TRU with the Buy 2 get one free sale.  Also it sounds like wave 19 is starting to show up more and more so hopefully I dont kick myself in the ass later over this....

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: September 18, 2012, 09:39 PM »
I'm not interested in any of those revision case figures, but it's not such a bad assortment.  I'm not sure where you live, but there's not a single figure in that that is still hanging on the pegs near me.  I also wouldn't mind Vision, Dr. Strange, etc., in there for people who missed them, but honestly I'd bet the Spiderman and Iron Man figures sell well before these guys at most stores.  It's the same arguement for why a Vader/Luke/Ben/Anakin seems to show up with every SW assortment - it's what the kids want.

What I like about the MU assortments is they stick to one of each character and stores rarely get more than a case or two of the same stuff.  Outside of clear return dumping I don't think I've ever seen more than 2-3 of the same figure warming the pegs.  I did see like a dozen Gladiators at one store, but all by themselves with no other figures around, so I'm pretty sure they were returns vs. true peg warmers.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1378 on: September 18, 2012, 09:49 PM »
I am more curious about the Jubilee, Blastaar, and Prof. X wave that i have not seen for pre-order.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #1379 on: September 18, 2012, 09:49 PM »
I think there are 11 Gladiators at the my local (Champlin) Target with a Modular armor IM and a Cyclops. I'd love to see the new Beast, Hulk, She Hulk and FF Spider Man/Bag Head Spider Man just once in stores.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird