Author Topic: Marvel Universe  (Read 281609 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Universe
« Reply #1380 on: September 18, 2012, 11:37 PM »
I'd love to see anything in stores.  It's not just that I'm not seeing them, there are no pegs for them.  Walmart hasn't got any pegs labelled for them in the reset at all.   :-\  TRU doesn't seem to carry anything other than movie lines and they're littered with whatever wave 1/2 of the movies are perpetually.  Zellers-soon-to-be-Target carries them but is about three series behind last summer (wave 17). 

Just posting my wants list here so I don't forget them.  I rarely pay attention enough as it is. 

Wave 18
Beast (Post Messiah Complex) - maybe
Beta Ray Bill
Kraven The Hunter

Wave 19
Scarlet Witch
Punisher
Paper-bag Man Variant
She-Hulk
Kang

Wave 20
Angel
Nova (Annihilation)
Puck with Snowbird bird pack-in

Wave 21
Jubilee (Jim Lee's)
Professor X (Hover Chair)

Wave 22
Rhino
Mysterio
Elektra - is this new? 

2 Packs
Quicksilver and Wonderman (WCA Costume) - have to figure out if I bought this  ::)

Wave 6
Mr. Sinister and Gambit (Post Messiah Complex)

Wave 7
Iron Man (Silver Centurian) and Mandarin (IM2 red repaint)

Wave 8
Captain America and Falcon (70's Deco)
Dr. Strange and Silver Surfer - maybe

Wave TBA
Secret Avengers Moon Knight and Ant-man (Eric O'Grady)

Spidey/Rhino comic pack - classic Rhino, yes? 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: September 19, 2012, 09:16 AM »
Electra is new
Rhino from the comic pack is a repaint of the one from the Spiderman line.  The one you have listed as wave 22 would be the new one

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: September 19, 2012, 01:18 PM »
Your wants list is about the same as mine, Brent; other than up to Wave 7 of the Comic Packs, none of that stuff has hit store shelves as far as I know. Then again no stores around here are even stocking the line, the same 2-3 Falcons and Absorbing Men keep hanging around.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: September 19, 2012, 07:58 PM »
Your wants list is about the same as mine, Brent; other than up to Wave 7 of the Comic Packs, none of that stuff has hit store shelves as far as I know. Then again no stores around here are even stocking the line, the same 2-3 Falcons and Absorbing Men keep hanging around.

Well if you don't mind, I'll take some solace that I'm not alone in suffering.  It seems like they've shifted focus back to the 6" Legends line which is unfortunate since I caved to this line.  I guess the good news it has renewed a bit of interest in the older ML stuff of which I still have a sizable chunk to sell off.  Still no sign of anything new MU-wise though in our area and I'm quite concerned Wally has stopped carrying the line at all.  Also glad to know most stuff isn't in stores yet.  I think I've only read tales of wave 18 and 19 being found to any degree.

Electra is new
Rhino from the comic pack is a repaint of the one from the Spiderman line.  The one you have listed as wave 22 would be the new one

Thank you for the clarification.  Is the wave 22 version of Rhino an old school comic accurate version? 

While I'm asking dumb questions, has there been a good Doc Ock out yet?  I've seen a couple of them in the Spiderman line, but neither impressed enough to motivate me to spend money on them.   Also haven't appreciated any of the Lizards yet either.  Probably should have bought the Scorpion when it was shipping though even though I didn't really like it that much. 

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: September 19, 2012, 08:54 PM »
I am not a Rhino expert - here are the two versions shown at SDCC.  left is the single carded "wave 22" version - and the right is the comic pack:

as for Doc Ock  you should probably try and get Marvel Legends Showdown Doc Ock off ebay

I lucked out in getting one of these ^ relatively cheap off of ebay from the asian seller "viperskingdom" back in late may for $13.50 shipped
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 09:01 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: September 19, 2012, 09:27 PM »
Yep, that is old school Rhino.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: September 19, 2012, 10:22 PM »
Thanks, the single carded version is preferred which is nice as it saves me from acquiring another Spidey I don't need. 

That's a nice Ock. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: September 21, 2012, 10:13 PM »
I actually picked up the Spidey/Rhino comic pack at TRU (what can I say, I'm a sucker for Spidey stuff), and the Rhino is indeed a slight repaint of the earlier Spider-Man line figure (as shown above).  I think the more classic version (which looks great) is a single carded figure for next year.  I also have to recommend the Marvel SuperHero Showdown Doc Ock already mentioned.  It is the classic looking Ock, and much better than anything Hasbro has put out so far.  I picked one up back in the SHS days, and I'm glad I did.  Many of those figures were pretty fragile (and my Doc Ock's head is really loose as well), but overall the look is pretty nice.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: September 22, 2012, 07:13 AM »
This week I got All of wave 18 plus an extra red blue spidey during the buy 2 get 1 free at TRU.  I got the extra blue spidey in case I find the miles morales variant somewhere.  Then I can just a do a return exchange since I am guessing they are under the same upc.

Then yesterday I stopped at Meijer and found the leftovers of wave 19 and grabbed what they had - Scarlet Witch, Punisher, and FF Spidey.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: September 22, 2012, 10:03 AM »
Nice score!  I have yet to see any of those out in the wild.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: September 22, 2012, 04:20 PM »
Thanks!   :)

I found more wave 19 out at WM today.  I grabbed duplicates of Scarlet Witch, Punisher, and FF Spidey to compare with the ones I got yesterday for the best paint apps.  I also grabbed my first She Hulk, and her paint was good except for one brown dot on her stomach, but I will probably just live with that.

Kang still eludes me - as well as paper bag spidey and Miles Morales

I really do think the flood gates on this line are really about to open up

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: September 23, 2012, 01:24 AM »
Found, and bought, Nick Fury today at KMart.  They had two on the shelf.  I was kind of surprised to see him. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #1392 on: September 24, 2012, 11:30 PM »
No luck in my search for the Amazing Bagman.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: September 25, 2012, 11:59 AM »
I got the Wave 18/Wave 19 case today from BBTS.  It contained the FF Spider-Man, so I too am still looking for the Bag Head.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: October 1, 2012, 07:49 AM »
I saw the Kang/Scarlet Witch wave at Wal-Mart.  I have the revision case coming from BBTS but picked up a few just in case I want to check out paint jobs.  Interestingly, there were two Kangs on the pegs and they seemed to have different face paint.  One was very glossy, and the other had a flat finish.  I picked up the one with the flat finish.  I don't know if that counts as a legitimate variation or anything, but it was a pretty discernible difference.
"Really?  Sorry."