Author Topic: Hasbro's Celebration V VIP Ticket Contest  (Read 22365 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Hasbro's Celebration V VIP Ticket Contest
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 05:53 PM »
I thought the same thing when I saw these. How the frig is this supposed to work?  I think Hasbro will become the repackers we so despise. Maybe they will shove in the golden ticket in a Willrow Hood package. (They should have specifically used this promo on Yarna. That would have cleared the shelf.)

One thing is certain any MOC ocd collectors have just been shut out until Vintage. This sticker kills the package.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 06:30 PM »
I thought the same thing when I saw these. How the frig is this supposed to work?  I think Hasbro will become the repackers we so despise. Maybe they will shove in the golden ticket in a Willrow Hood package. (They should have specifically used this promo on Yarna. That would have cleared the shelf.)

One thing is certain any MOC ocd collectors have just been shut out until Vintage. This sticker kills the package.
lol,nah,just adds to the "varient" syndrome,back when they repacked battle damaged vader on the blue legacy cards,i bought one just for the first day of issue sticker,even though i already had like 3 of that fig
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 06:32 PM by STARKILLER »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2010, 12:10 PM »
Hasbro's response to the CV Sticker issue:

"Winning tickets were placed in stickered packages of both old and current waves of Star Wars Droid Factory, Battle Packs, Comic Packs and Starfighter Vehicles. The winning packages were then hand-delivered to stores and mixed at random with stickered packages without winning tickets. When you buy a stickered product, old wave or current wave, whether you receive a winning ticket or not is purely a matter of chance."
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 12:13 PM »
I call BS, but at least they addressed the issue.  Will be nice to see though if there's actually some winners out of this promo in the end.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2010, 12:15 PM »
if it is true - sombody(ies) know exactly where the winners are.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2010, 12:43 PM »
Ah, but did they pre-dust the winners so they'd blend in?
I am not the Stig

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2010, 12:52 PM »

edit-deleted that. I said what you said.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 12:59 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro's Celebration V VIP Ticket Contest
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2010, 01:33 PM »
Excellent.  We should see this promotion in Canada around October. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2010, 01:37 PM »
Excellent.  We should see this promotion in Canada around October. 

And all ten grand prizes will be sent to Canada.
I am not the Stig

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2010, 02:40 PM »
i agree,how do they explain the dust on the xixor/lea cp's,i still says this is shady 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2010, 03:07 PM »
My contact at TRU swore he saw the Hasbro Rep literally slapping the sticker on one of the boxes ALREADY ON THE SHELF.

I don't see why he would lie, so I tend to think this is all BS on Hasbro's part. EPIC SHADY.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2010, 03:38 PM »
My contact at TRU swore he saw the Hasbro Rep literally slapping the sticker on one of the boxes ALREADY ON THE SHELF.

I don't see why he would lie, so I tend to think this is all BS on Hasbro's part. EPIC SHADY.

That doesn't really contradict was Hasbro is saying.

Hasbro reps are placing the stickers on existing/qualifying merchandise then they'll shuffle in a few (that they bring to the store special) with stickers and actual game pieces inside.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2010, 06:34 PM »
It would be interesting to know if the Hasbro reps that received product actually received several pieces that weren't winners or if the ten winning packages were sent out by themselves along with a roll (or sheet, or whatever) of stickers for the rep to randomly stick on existing product.

In other words, did all Hasbro reps receive a box of stuff with stickers already applied and one of them may or may not actually have a winning ticket or did only the 10 winning products go out to up to 10 randomly selected reps around the country?

I'm just wondering if you walk into Target, for example, and suddenly find one stickered action figure from a wave that's been long gone, such as an Utai from the ROTS wave, along with stickers on all the other stagnant product, did you just find a winner?  In the end it doesn't matter how they did this because the chances of finding a ticket are so remote it's not even worth an extra trip to the store.

It's also not important, really, how Hasbro explains how the winning tickets got into circulation because it's still another kick in the teeth to see Leia/Xizor packs with these stickers on them anyway.  Wouldn't it be a cruel, cruel joke if Hasbro actually sent out a couple of winning tickets in Leia/Xizor packs?  Or in an Admiral Yularen from the CW line?  My Target has 2 Leia/Xizor packs and over 14  Yularens on the shelf...

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2010, 06:49 PM »
Considering that the two stores next to me have had the same figures for several months, and suddenly some of them have stickers on them (still showing the same dust/wear as before) would have me agreeing that this was poorly thought out at best, and downright misleading at worst. Yes the odds are infinitesimally small to begin with, but that is still better than the zero chance you get when they are putting promo stickers on old product that was produced and distributed months before the prize pieces were introduced to the line. If I were still buying their product, I would probably consider it a bigger kick in the shorts.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2010, 10:11 PM »
I hear Philip Wise is doing the same contest with the Lt. Renz mini-busts. He will be sending stickers to everyone that originally bought one because he knows they are still mint in box.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours