Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 414382 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1380 on: August 9, 2005, 12:55 PM »
Legends Wave 12 (Apocalypse Series)
Sasquatch - maybe

Legends Wave 13 (Villains Series)
Green Goblin
Loki
Abomination
Pyro
Lady Deathstrike
Blackheart

Not sure what to do on wave 13.  I guess I'll be patient and play wait and see.  Loki and Abomination are appealing.  Pyro and Lady Deathstrike are interesting, but could easily be passable.  Green Goblin is annoying if indeed true.  A third Goblin (fourth if you count Hobby) before we see a Kingpin?  Shake your head.  Additionally what do I do with the other two I already have ::)  I never liked the first one very much, but figured that was about all we'd see.  Oops, had that dead wrong.  The box set version is an improvement, but could be better.  Is this the better version?

Seems like an odd figure to put out before the likes of Kingpin, Quicksilver, Psylocke, Havok, Kitty Pryde, etc.
Ayup.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1381 on: August 9, 2005, 01:02 PM »
Bishop from Series 12 sounds good - brings me back to my comic collecting days of the 90's.  He'd be a great display face to face with Cable.

Totally off-topic:

"Just piss off, ok?"

Best signature, ever.  8)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1382 on: August 9, 2005, 01:27 PM »
It looks like someone has posted the cover/ToyFare pics of X-23 at this link, at least for now.  If anyone is interested.

If this is what passes for a Marvel Legend, I doubt this line has much steam left.

She's in Claremont's Uncanny book. She makes Wolverine look civilized. She also has her own book, but I haven't bothered to pick it up.

This figure is an easy pass for me.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1383 on: August 9, 2005, 01:31 PM »
The line has always been way, way too X-Heavy for my tastes and it is becoming easier and easier to pass on crap.  Their fascination with the Ghost Rider stuff is a little mind boggling as well.  I think these waves are horse manure and I sure hope Wave 14 is something like:

Wave 14
Wasp
Ant-Man
Yellowjacket
Kang
Moon Knight
Hercules
Build a Figure: Giant Man or Goliath

Kingpin can be worked in the Spider Classics line

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1384 on: August 9, 2005, 08:38 PM »
I really dont see why X-23 is getting a figure. Never even heard of her.  ???

Not sure if you have seen these yet, but this is the first i have seen them. Prototype pics of Hulk and Maestro from the fallen Hulk Classics line. They look awesome, i hope we get both of them.

Maestro
« Last Edit: August 9, 2005, 10:27 PM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1385 on: August 10, 2005, 03:45 PM »
ToynewsI.com has some pics up of upcoming Legends variants (Logan and Wonderman), as well as the X-23 pic that has already been posted.  You can check them out HERE.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1386 on: August 10, 2005, 03:50 PM »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1387 on: August 10, 2005, 04:14 PM »
ToynewsI.com has some pics up of upcoming Legends variants (Logan and Wonderman), as well as the X-23 pic that has already been posted.  You can check them out HERE.

So a black jacket is the variant?  Methinks McFarlane has been crosspollinating too much.  The Wondy variant is interesting, though I'm not familiar with it. 

I suppose it's more a general symptom than anything else, but I'm much less interested in this line as time passes.  Looking at Scott's linked pictures, they look ok, but I'm now thinking Wonder Man and Scarlett Witch only for series 11.  Ultron just doesn't do it for me.  I can pass on the rest but if I find a variant Wolvie, I'll buy it just to open it and annoy the MOMC crowd. 

Series 10 wouldn't be complete for me either, but with that Sentinel seals it.  Without the Sentinel I'd have passed on the Spidey, Omega Red and Black Panther. 

BTW, here's a list of the parts with each figure based on those shots:

Spiderman - Head and shoulders of Sentinel
Cyclops - arm, left
Black Panther - arm, right
Angel - leg, left
Omega Red - torso
Mr. Sinister - leg, right
Mystique - torso - duplicate part

edit: so it looks like I can skip Omega Red after all.  If anyone wants a really cheap Black Panther, lmk.  Alternately if you're not building the Sentinel and don't want the right arm, I'll take it from you (as in buy it).  Nasty of them to put the head in with Spidey - at least the Spiderman figure looks nice enough. 

Interestingly the site has wave 3/4 of the FF figures listed, though I didn't click on them. 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 04:18 PM by Morgbug »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1388 on: August 10, 2005, 05:35 PM »
Well it gives me hope that I may get my Astronaut Ben Grimm :)

So looking at the list for 12 & 13 these are th eones that will probably interest me:

Legends Wave 12 (Apocalypse Series)
Iron Fist
Bishop
Sasquatch
Maestro Hulk

Legends Wave 13 (Villains Series)
Green Goblin
Loki
Blackheart
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 07:03 PM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1389 on: August 11, 2005, 02:35 AM »
I got the chance to see a "Days Of Future Past" Wolverine from Marvel Select out at Wizard World in Chicago, and let me tell you...

It's WAY better than the one that Toy Biz is offering in this Legendary Riders assortment.  Plus it comes with an adult Kate Pryde.  Save your money and don't buy the Marvel Legends version, get the Select.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1390 on: August 11, 2005, 09:54 AM »
I got the chance to see a "Days Of Future Past" Wolverine from Marvel Select out at Wizard World in Chicago, and let me tell you...

It's WAY better than the one that Toy Biz is offering in this Legendary Riders assortment.  Plus it comes with an adult Kate Pryde.  Save your money and don't buy the Marvel Legends version, get the Select.
Aren't they changing the Select Scale, too?  Making it 6" instead of 7"?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1391 on: August 11, 2005, 03:22 PM »
It looks like someone over at the Fwooshnet forums has got their hands on ML 10 (via Forbidden Planet), and has posted a few loose pics over there.  Clicky above if interested.  To me, this wave is pretty good.  I'm more and more tempted to pick up the whole works to get that Sentinel, but we'll have to see.  Hopefully we'll start seeing them here in the states soon.  Amazon says September 1st, but we all know how that goes ;).

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1392 on: August 11, 2005, 03:57 PM »
Damn. Too bad I'll have to buy that Spidey and Black Panther to complete my Sentinel.

I hope this series is as easy to find as 9 was/is. I fear it won't, since the local TRU and Target are weighted down with 9.

At least 10 isn't as lame as 11, though I do want two Taskmasters for a Skeletor custom I had in mind.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1393 on: August 11, 2005, 04:38 PM »
Holy ****, Omega Red and Mr. Sinister are ******* huge.  Me thinks someone screwed the scale up on those two.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1394 on: August 11, 2005, 05:03 PM »
Mr. Sinister doesn't look too bad.  I know in the newer cartoon he didn't seem to tower over as much, but from Inferno he seemed really big relative to the other characters.  Perhaps a trick of perspective, but I'm not surprised to see him as quite large. 

If the Select scale changes, I might be interested.  That's been why I haven't bought any of those figures.  Some are really nice (though the black spiderman didn't impress me much aside from being able to recreate Web #1) but they've been too large.  I much preferred the black cat in that series though I wish she'd been a little less hooker-ish.