Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 420041 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1425 on: August 25, 2005, 10:15 AM »
Could the signatures on that board be more annoying :o

Super Skrull.  Hmmm. 

Otherwise.  Blech.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1426 on: August 25, 2005, 10:28 AM »
Agreed Brent - the sigs can be annoying and large :).  I noticed looking further at the pictures, that they are releasing a Doombot and Annihilus in the Fantastic Four Movie line.  Interesting I thought - based on the video game I believe.  Agreed, overall nothing too exciting to me either, although I might pick up Super Skrull, we'll see.  I still don't have a ML Doom yet, or any Doom at all, so that might be a priority first for me ;).
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 10:40 AM by mosnab »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1427 on: August 25, 2005, 02:43 PM »
Jesse Falcon (Toy Biz) has dropped a few other bits of information regarding these pics over at the Fwoosh forums, here's what he posted:

-FF classic will ONLY be 2 waves then it's FF animated. It's better to have it that way as we can get those figures we missed into ML.

- All of the FF's outfits are the ultimate designs. Villians are 616.

- Impossible Man is 4.75" tall.

- The doom bot is from the Video game which is an expansion of the movie.

- Venom's projectile launcher comes off.

- Man Wolf has a Lite up Crystal and a speaker with a "Howl".

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1428 on: August 25, 2005, 02:56 PM »
Not sure I'm keen on the howling feature, but the sculpt and costume on Man Wolf looks pretty old school, something that pleases me.  Might be interested in an Impossible Man too, guess I'll give away the figure it comes with ::)

Venom sucks.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1429 on: August 25, 2005, 06:43 PM »
Awesome!!! Super Skrull and Annihilus. Very nice. I hope that the cartoon wave still gives us some villians that fit in with Legends.

I may be crazy but Impossible Man is not ringing a bell. Does anyone have any info on him?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1430 on: August 26, 2005, 10:23 AM »
Toy Biz is relaunching the FF line??? What the heck is up with that?

Active Lines

Marvel Legends
Spider-Man Classic
FF Movie
Spider-Man 2 Movie

Dead Lines

Hulk Classics (Only got a couple of releases of toys from this, but after all the movie hype died so did the life expectancy of this toy line)
X-Men (Only got 1 release of toys, rumored there was a second but again, after the movie hype died so did this toy line)

I am just a little lost as to why on earth Toy Biz would go and rehash an old line of toys that didn't do well when it was released when there was a Saturday morning cartoon? Especially since F4 was about as commercially successful as Daredevil. After all the toes for the F4 movie can still be found in great quantity on shelves except for the IW and they never even made a Dr. Doom figure (he was shown in the commercials for the movie toys).

IMOPO

If Toy Biz wants to release more toys like this then they should expand the Marvel Legends to a large line. Make more series of the toys and release them in waves. Similar in nature to Star Wars toys. Do a set of 15 figures, with different quantities in different case assortments, release them for a 2-3 months and then wait for 3-4 months and release a new wave. They just have to get away from these 6 months between sets.

*Taking my soapbox with me and leaving my 2 cents at the door!*
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 10:24 AM by knashdx »
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1431 on: August 26, 2005, 10:33 AM »
Look at how much shelf and peg space though Toy Biz has at stores though.  By releasing all of these lines they get to take up space from the competition.  That's why there are all of these things.

I think though that they seriously over produce their wares and there is not nearly the demand they think there is...I see the same stuff at TRU and Target week after week.  I'm not sure who is buying all of those FF figs.  And was pointed out somewhere else, TRU still has pegs FULL of Spidey2 figs.  There were Hulk Movie figs for a year+ after that release as well.  LOTR stuff is starting to hang...its a strange way of selling stuff

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1432 on: August 26, 2005, 11:41 AM »
All of the Toybiz stuff sits here forever.

Marvel Legends IX - there isn't a single figure I can't go out and pick up right now.  I've left behind variants of both figures.  It's obscene how much of this shipped.  I'm sure people are looking forward to the Sentinel line, I know I am.  But how soon will that be sitting?  As for Scott's comment regarding overestimating demand, I'd say that's absolutely accurate.  I have a green Phoenix I can't get rid of ::)

Fantastic Four - our assortments are better than the US versions, we get one of each Sue (3 total) per case.  It's to the point where Sue is now actually sitting on the pegs - the quantities are minimal though.  But somebody is buying this stuff.  I just don't know who.  I still hold to my opinion that any line with bump & go in it is destined for failure.

Spidey 2?  Any figures you need?  There's nothing I can't find.  Even Zellers, a store that NEVER clears anything is clearing these.  Sadly TRU is not.

Hulk Movie figures were so bad up here that the Hulk Classics never shipped to Canada.  I think I can still find some Hulk Hands (never mind Thing Hands/Feet ::)). 

Spiderman Classics is the only line that seems to have some life, but lots of those figures sit forever as well.  But they must sell some of them and I consider them grandparent fare - something grandma and grandpa pick up for junior. 

Between Star Wars and Toy Biz (don't get me started on the grand triumvirate of Aragorn/Frodo/Gollum >:() I've seriously altered my buying patterns.  I'm just in no hurry to get anything anymore at all.  The very few figures I have to pay more for in the end are easily offset by the crap that is on sale.  I could have picked up ML IX for about $15 total.  I don't count on that happening again but it was a bit annoying to see.  It's not easy waiting, but I've yet to be let down.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1433 on: August 26, 2005, 01:49 PM »
I just got my first Marvel Legends figure, Proffeser X.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1434 on: August 26, 2005, 01:54 PM »

lol thats kinda late.  :)

i also cant wait for the Sentinel line.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1435 on: August 26, 2005, 02:12 PM »

lol thats kinda late.  :)

i also cant wait for the Sentinel line.

Well everything in my area , ROTS, ML, etc; comes at least 2 months late. :P :'( >:(

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1436 on: August 27, 2005, 10:52 PM »
GOt a Glimpse at the Sentinel Line today at a collectible show and out of everything, ANGEL and Omega Red looked the best. Black Panther has a small head  ::)

The owners said they should hit any day now.  ;D

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1437 on: August 30, 2005, 09:51 AM »
ToyNewsI.com has a nice pic up of the upcoming "Fearsome Foes" Spidey box set.  I have seen that Wal-Mart.com has this up on their site (sold out), likely a placeholder for when they come in stock.  Although I already have a Spidey, Carnage, and Lizard (although this one looks better), I'm kind of tempted to pick this up for the Rhino and Vulture figures.

On another note, is anyone here buying into the SuperHeroShowdown line?  I'm curious how it is doing.  We haven't gotten the individual (booster pack) figures at our TRU yet, but there are quite a few of the two starter packs.  I picked up the Spidey/Thing pack, and I really do like the figures, but I haven't bought anything else yet and I'm not sure if I will.  I really like the idea of 4" scale Marvel figures, but the price is awfully high, and I'm happy with the Legends I have as well.  Can't say I'm not tempted though, especially once a few more hit the pegs.  I was just curious if any of you were into this line, or thinking about it?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1438 on: August 30, 2005, 02:03 PM »
I cant wait for that box set, Rhino is incredible and i need me the Vulture. I just picked upthe first wave of the Super Hero Shwodown, I actually really like them. The only one that kind of sucks is the Punisher. They look awesome next to Galactus.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1439 on: August 30, 2005, 02:14 PM »
SuperHeroShowdown hasn't shown up in Canada as yet, if it does at all.  In spite of that little difficulty I still have no intention of bothering to pick up that line.  I have enough junk :-\

I'm about to put a lot of Marvel Legends on ebay in the next couple of weeks.  Part of the rationale for that is I will be picking up the new spidey box, so I'll be unloading the Rhino and Carnage I already have.  Basically I'll be making up a bulk lot of duplicate figures, plunk them all down for the starting price of $19.99 and take whatever I get for them, just to get them out of the house.  I have duplicates of Rhino, Carnage, Venom, Spidey, Thing, Green Goblin, etc. that I really don't need multiples of, so out they go.  It's a miserable waste of money, but such is life with ToyBiz :-\