Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 415886 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1440 on: August 30, 2005, 02:30 PM »
I have enough junk

This is something that will likely keep me away from collecting the SHS line further as well.  Although it is tough, I'm really trying to streamline what I'm looking for/collecting, not only from a financial standpoint but because we simply don't have the room for it.  In SW, with Unleashed coming to an end (or hiatus) and GH looking to be repacks for awhile, I'm basically just collecting the 3 3/4" line for now, which is fine with me.  I'm considering dabbling in other lines (as many of you have seen from my various questions :P), but if I do, I'm going to do my best to limit it to basic figures plus one other line (maybe bust ups).

Anyways, back to topic, with the Star Wars line(s) either going on hiatus or going in to repack mode, it might allow me to collect the Marvel Legends (and DC) stuff a little bit further.  I was originally only thinking about picking up 2-3 figures from the Sentinel wave, but now I'm contemplating picking the whole works up.  That's definitely not a solution to the whole "space" issue, but it would be neat to have that Sentinel.  We'll see.  I also wouldn't mind getting that next Spidey box set.  Aside from that, I'm not sure how much ML I'll be buying after series 11.  Maybe just a few here and there, and there are a couple older ones I'm thinking about picking up (Dr. Doom, Phoenix, Storm?).  I have much respect for what Brent is doing (and Scott, and others) and getting rid of "extra" stuff.  I've got more than enough crap toys collectibles the way it is, and I need to try to limit things a little more or they are just going to be going into storage containers as soon as I bring them home.  Plus, streamlining the spending wouldn't hurt me either.  I need to do the same thing with comics I think, but that's another topic.

The SuperHero Showdown stuff is kind of neat, but I don't know how much further I'll go with it either.  I have Spidey, and I can be happy with that.  I think I'm always tempted because I grew up on, and still like, the 4" scale action figure stuff.  But, with Legends in full swing already, I don't know that I need two lines with each character in 2 scales.  I don't know if SHS is moving to other retail outlets eventually (once the TRU-exclusive stuff is done), and if that would help it or not.  If they were $5 a figure, I think they would do pretty well.
« Last Edit: September 9, 2005, 12:01 PM by mosnab »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1441 on: August 31, 2005, 09:24 AM »
It looks like BigBadToyStore now has ML Series 10 in stock, as individual figures ($9.99-$10.99 for non variants), or as sets of 6 (missing Mystique) or all 7.  I have to say I'm halfway tempted to order a set to get the Sentinel, because I'm not sure if we'll see them at retail for awhile here.  Our Wal-Mart is just swimming in Series 9, and Target has them as well although not quite as thick.  Is (or has) anyone thinking about ordering these online to avoid the hassle?  The price is a little higher than retail, but it seems like getting ML is always an adventure, aside from a few waves here and there.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1442 on: August 31, 2005, 02:22 PM »
I know ML 10 is going to be just like series 6, but I really don't care to order them.
I decided long ago that I'll only buy them if I find them at retail, since I can't afford to pay some e-tailer a premium for shortpacked toys.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1443 on: August 31, 2005, 08:40 PM »
Looks like the next few waves have been confirmed.

Marvel Legends w/ Comic Asst 12 - Apocalypse Series
Astonishing X-Men Wolverine - 2 pcs
Unmasked Astonishing X-Men Wolverine - variant
"Maestro" Hulk - 2 pcs
Bishop - 2 pcs
X-23 - 2 pcs
Iron Fist - 2 pcs
Sasquach - 2 pcs
Bishop - variant
Iron Fist unmasked - variant

Marvel Legends w/ Comic Asst 13 - Bring On The Bad Guys SeriesPyro - 2 pcs
Abomination - 2 pcs
Green Goblin - 2 pcs
Loki - 2 pcs
Blackheart - 2 pcs
Lady Death Strike - 2 pcs
Unmasked Green Goblin - variant
Crown of Lies Loki - variant
Melted Face Abomination - variant

BOX SETS

Spider-Man Fearsome Foes Gift Pack
Includes Spider-Man, Vulture, Lizard, Carnage, Rhino

Marvel Legends Young Avengers Gift Pack COLLECTORS NEW

Marvel Legends Monster Gift Pack COLLECTORS NEW

Fantastic Four Classics 6" Action Figure Asst 1 NEW
Thing - 4 pcs
Human Torch - 3 pcs
Mr. Fantastic - 3 pcs
Super Skrull - 2 pcs

Fantastic Four Movie 6" Action Figure Asst 5
Power Punch Thing - 4 pcs
Fire Blast Human Torch - 4 pcs
Super Stretch Mr. Fantastic - 2 pcs
Electro-Shock Dr. Doom - 2 pcs

Got this from TNI from Oroku, so thank him for the info
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1444 on: August 31, 2005, 11:06 PM »
Holy smokes.  Over on snowtroopers, Steve from Legends (yes, that Legends) confirmed that series 10 and 11 are shipping together :o  For us Canadians they are shipping the same time as the "Best of" assortment, something I didn't think we'll see.  Better odds of finding a phasing Vision.  Woot.

Series 10 I'll build a Sentinel (will have a spare Black Panther for anyone just wanting the figure)

Series 11 I'll pick up Wonder Man and Scarlet Witch.  Beyond that I'm not sure.

If the new series' are confirmed, it looks like I'll snag the following:

12: Iron Fist, Sasquatch

13: Loki, Abomination, Pyro (maybe), Lady Deathstrike (maybe)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1445 on: August 31, 2005, 11:36 PM »
From this new list i want:

Marvel Legends w/ Comic Asst 12 - Apocalypse Series
"Maestro" Hulk
Bishop
Iron Fist
Sasquach

Marvel Legends w/ Comic Asst 13 - Bring On The Bad Guys Series
Pyro
Green Goblin
Loki
Blackheart
Unmasked Green Goblin - variant

BOX SETS

Includes Spider-Man, Vulture, Lizard, Carnage, Rhino

Marvel Legends Monster Gift Pack COLLECTORS NEW

Fantastic Four Classics 6" Action Figure Asst 1 NEW
Super Skrull
(Annhilus)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1446 on: August 31, 2005, 11:44 PM »
I was at the Wal-Mart in Great Falls MONTANA and they have nearly 30 Fantastic 4 Movie Dr. Doom's. I picked one up and when I get home from vacation I will show some pictures.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1447 on: September 1, 2005, 09:17 AM »
Nice to see that those lineups are confirmed, but I'm not too excited about them personally.  Hopefully others are getting some figures they really want though.  I'm seriously considering ordering a set of ML10 online, because I'm worried about them showing up in stores.  I was originally only going to get a few, but I think I want that Sentinel.  Plus, the other figs aren't too bad.  Here's what I'm looking at picking up from the next ML waves:

ML 10 - Sentinel
Entire wave.  Might choose either Mystique or Omega Red (I think they come with the same Sentinel piece, so I might just get one or the other).
ML 11 - Legendary Riders
None, most likely.
ML12 - Apocalypse
Probably none, but Iron Fist and Sasquatch are possibilities.
ML13 - Bring on the Bad Guys
Green Goblin (I don't have one yet, don't really want the Ramos' version)
Pyro (possibly)

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1448 on: September 3, 2005, 11:02 PM »
Found this series this morning at Target

Here is the case assortment:

Angel x 2
Cyclops x 2
Spider Man x 2
Black Panther x 2
Omega Red x 2
Mystique x 1
Mr. Sinister x 1

No variants though, but i picked up Mystique and Mr. Sinister since they wore short packed  8)

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1449 on: September 4, 2005, 04:27 PM »
I'm not a huge Marvel/Comics fan, but I've been eyeing/admiring the Marvel Legends line lately.  Especially with the recent wave, were you can build your own 18" Galactus. :o  I've always loved toys that came with seperate pieces were you can put it all together and build something.

I just picked up Omega Red, and can't wait to pick up the others to build the incredilble looking Sentinel. :D  I would like at least two of these bad boys.

EE had some decent deals on some non-mint Legends, these are what I got:

Iron Man, Gambit, Captain America, Beast, and Punisher.

Hoping to pick up some that I missed like Magneto, and the Juggernaut wave.
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1450 on: September 6, 2005, 09:23 AM »
Wow, nice to hear that ML10 is hitting retail now, I'm really looking forward to this wave.  I almost pulled the trigger on the "set order" from BBTS, but at $10 a figure, I decided to wait.  Hopefully these will show up in decent numbers at retail, and everyone can find what they are looking for.  On a side note, I did pick up a F4 Movie Dr. Doom this past weekend at Target.  They had several on an endcap.  Not necessarily an "amazing figure", and I'd still like to get the Legends version, but for some reason I felt obligated to "finish the set" after picking up the 4 team earlier this summer.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1451 on: September 7, 2005, 11:19 AM »
It looks like AFTimes.com has a preview up of ML 10 and 11 (with further coverage of 10 coming later this week they say).  Lots of nice carded and loose pics for anyone who is interested.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1452 on: September 8, 2005, 04:48 PM »
hmm say the Sentinel Wave again at TRU and the case assortment seems to be like this with the variants...

Angel x 1
Angel Variant x 1
Cyclops x 1
Cyclops Variant x 1
Spider Man x 2
Black Panther x 2
Omega Red x 1
Mystique x 1
Mr. Sinister x 2

ive count 10 figures hanging on the pegs and it seems the chase were all picked

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1453 on: September 9, 2005, 02:12 PM »
I was just reading through the Fwoosh boards today, and came across a thread that has collected all the various comments from Jesse (Falcon - Toy Biz/ML guy).  Some good information in there, if anyone is interested in reading through it (old and newer), you can clicky here.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1454 on: September 14, 2005, 11:07 PM »
Spiderman - Head and shoulders of Sentinel
Cyclops - arm, left
Black Panther - arm, right
Angel - leg, left
Omega Red - torso
Mr. Sinister - leg, right
Mystique - torso - duplicate part

Just wanted to bump that part back up so I could find it.  ML10 showed up at our TRU's today.  By the time I got there, all that was left was the Black Panther and Spiderman, so I grabbed both.  Other retailers bumped their prices, so TRU is only a buck more now. 

The Blue Beetle wave of Spidey stuff also showed up, but the Beetle was gone before I got there so I still haven't made a final decision on it.  The spin-n-zip Spidey looked almost 2099-ish.  Odd costume - interesting.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.