Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 413628 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1455 on: September 15, 2005, 09:20 AM »
I'm getting a little anxious for ML10.  I had a few preordered through Amazon, but we all know how that goes ::).  They were supposed to be released today (and my order status says shipping today), but they of course bumped the date back now to Oct 1.  That seems to be pretty common for Amazon anymore with their preorders (same thing happened with the Clone Evo set today).  I've thought about ordering some of these elsewhere online, but if I see them at retail later for a much better price, I know I'll regret it.  Anyways, congrats on the finds Brent, hopefully the rest will show up for you soon.

Also, I read yesterday (and this morning) that the Fearsome Foes boxset is starting to show up at Wal-Marts.  I believe the first findings were in CA, but hopefully they will start spreading elsewhere too.  This is a set I'd like to pick up.  Sounds like its running $32ish.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 09:27 AM by mosnab »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1456 on: September 15, 2005, 11:43 AM »
AFTimes.com continues its coverage of Marvel Legends 10 and 11, with new updates (FA Spidey, Vengeance, and Ultron).  They also have coverage and a photo breakdown of the Fearsome Foes box set.  It looks pretty spiffy to me.  Although I already have the older Carnage and Lizard (and Spidey), the Rhino and Vulture (and newer, better Lizard) still make me want to pick this set up.  Lots of pics at the linky.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1457 on: September 15, 2005, 02:27 PM »
What???  ML10 hit here already?  That's a bit of a shock.  Brent, if you see a cyclops can you grab him for me?  I'll pick him up when I pick up the JL green arrow from you.

Spiderman - Head and shoulders of Sentinel
Cyclops - arm, left
Black Panther - arm, right
Angel - leg, left
Omega Red - torso
Mr. Sinister - leg, right
Mystique - torso - duplicate part

Just wanted to bump that part back up so I could find it.  ML10 showed up at our TRU's today.  By the time I got there, all that was left was the Black Panther and Spiderman, so I grabbed both.  Other retailers bumped their prices, so TRU is only a buck more now. 

The Blue Beetle wave of Spidey stuff also showed up, but the Beetle was gone before I got there so I still haven't made a final decision on it.  The spin-n-zip Spidey looked almost 2099-ish.  Odd costume - interesting.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1458 on: September 15, 2005, 02:50 PM »
Sure thing Drew, but you get the 2nd one :P

It only arrived at TRU thus far.  Polo sold off both cases, Regent had only one.  I'm sure it will arrive in strength shortly.  I'm taking its arrival as an indication they've finally run out of Series 9. 

BTW, if anyone wants the green Hulk or scowling Bullseye, they've been sitting at a Walmart around here for three weeks.  Overproduced much?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1459 on: September 15, 2005, 03:03 PM »
I'm a bit concerned about all of the Series 9 stuff hanging about too.  I don't think I've anticipated an entire wave quite like the Sentinel one, and I hope to be able to build one of the big guys.  I'm trying to spread things out a bit, so I'm thinking about just getting a few at a time.  Ideally, Spidey, Cyclops, and Mystique would be the first three (first two are some of my favorites, and Mystique is supposed to be tougher to find), and then hope to get Angel, Black Panther, and Mr. Sinister later.  I hoping that they start showing up in decent numbers here in the US, or I might have to ask for some help from our Canadian friends as well :P.  Hopefully they ship this as heavily as the Galactus wave, because I can see people maybe even wanting more than 1 Sentinel.  Between this wave and the Fearsome Foes set, its kind of a high time for Marvel stuff right now...but I think it will be a lot slimmer for the upcoming waves (at least for me).  Speaking of which, its about time for us to come up with some lists of figures we'd like to see beyond the upcoming confirmed waves.  I think there's only a few I could think of, and otherwise I think the ML line might be slowing down before too much longer.  Who knows though.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1460 on: September 15, 2005, 09:50 PM »
I got my set from BBTS, and i have to say that I really enjoy the SPider-Man figure. Very cool indeed. I still think Sinsiter and Omega Red are too big though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1461 on: September 17, 2005, 05:31 AM »
Spider-Man Fearsome Foes Gift Pack
Includes Spider-Man, Vulture, Lizard, Carnage, Rhino

I saw this set today at Walmart. Made me wish I still collected MLs.
I remember my dream now.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1462 on: September 17, 2005, 08:51 AM »
I really want that box set, no luck finding it yet.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1463 on: September 19, 2005, 03:04 PM »
Just read over at the TNI forums that these are the rumored upcoming waves for SMC.  We've heard the first one before, but the next wave was news to me:

January 2006: SMC 16

Spider-Strength Spider-Man - 3 pcs
Shark Trap Spider-Man - 1 pc
Spider Tracer Spider-Man - 4 pcs
Venom - 2 pcs
Manwolf - 2 pcs

April 2006: SMC 17

Spider Hulk Spider-Man - 2 pcs
Spider Spinner Spider-Man - 4 pcs
Web Splasher Spider-Man - 3 pcs
Hydro-Man - 1 pc
Hob Goblin - 2 pcs

I'm kind of happy to see this.  I never did get the Hobgoblin the first time around, and by that point next year, I might pick one up.  Also, kind of excited about Hydro-Man.  One of Spidey's lesser villains, but of that group, one of my favorites.  Not sure if I'll get anything from wave 16 or not, possibly the villains.  Still no Kingpin though....but I'm hoping we'll see him in Legends....eventually.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1464 on: September 19, 2005, 04:12 PM »
Just trying to think of some of the figures I'd like to see in the various Marvel lines, taking into account what we have, what is coming, and what is rumored.  For the most part, I stick with Spidey (and his world), as well as X-related figures...with a few others sprinkled in.  Even if I didn't buy/have room for all of these...I'd still like to see figures such as Captain Britain, Baron Zemo, Mole Man, Kang, and She Hulk get released...because they do see "classic" and Legends-worthy to me.

Legends
Kingpin (could be in SMC as well, but Legends is good with me)
Quicksilver
Havok
Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat
Banshee
Psylocke
Avalanche
the Blob
Moon Knight
Luke Cage/Powerman
She Hulk
Kang
Baron Zemo
Captain Britain
Mole Man
Rogue (redo or re-release.  Some people might not want this though, especially those who have bought the box set)

Spidey Classics
Chameleon
Electro (S6 box set re-release.  One of my favorite villains, but couldn't talk the Mrs. into the whole box set.  Apologies to those who bought the set though, I'm sure it would be frustrating to see him re-released in a single carded version)
Black Cat (see above)
Classic Hobgoblin (rumored)
Mary Jane Watson
Aunt May (not likely)
J. Jonah Jameson (ditto)
Shocker

Probably others that I am forgetting off hand, but these are a few that I'd like to see in the coming year(s).  If I had to pick just one that had to get made, it would probably be the Kingpin though.  I'm wondering how much longer we'll see Legends continue, but there are still some worthy figures.  Anyone else have ideas or figures they would like to see made?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2005, 04:13 PM by mosnab »

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1465 on: September 19, 2005, 04:24 PM »
Series 10 is shipping to comic shops this week from Diamond.
Our store got allocated to 1 case (ordered 3). Can`t wait to see the Sentinel
built!
Adam

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1466 on: September 20, 2005, 01:08 AM »

April 2006: SMC 17

Spider Hulk Spider-Man - 2 pcs
Spider Spinner Spider-Man - 4 pcs
Web Splasher Spider-Man - 3 pcs
Hydro-Man - 1 pc
Hob Goblin - 2 pcs

I am really excited about Spider-Hulk if this list is legit. I have been wanting one since I remember reading the comic. Hydroman is very awesome as well. I cant wait for this!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1467 on: September 20, 2005, 09:09 AM »
According to this post over at the Fwooshnet forums, it sounds like Scarlet Witch has been delayed from the "Legendary Riders" wave.  You can hit the linky above, but this is the jist of it from Jesse:

Scarlet witch is cancled from the asst due to the fact that we were not happy with the finished product. Were commited to make sure that these figures look there best so we will remake this chatacter some time in the future.

-Jesse

Too bad, although I'm sure the figure will still be on its way in the future.  I've actually been considering picking a Scarlet Witch up now, due to her X-affiliations in the past and seeing/reading more about her in House of M.  Anyways, sounds like she's out for now, I wonder if her "slot" will be filled in that wave or if they'll just leave it as is?  I'm guessing as is.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1468 on: September 20, 2005, 04:33 PM »
Well if its legit, i may just cancel my pre-order for a set, i only wan ta few fromt his wave anyway.

Offline Corman

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gimmie that New Figure Mojo
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1469 on: September 21, 2005, 06:15 PM »
Found six of the seven Sentinel wave fdigures at the West Des Moines TRU around noon today.  No varients (according to TRU employee, the "serious collectors" got them when the store opened up) and no regular Cyclops.  Odd the "serious collectors" would leave the one per case Mystique and Omega Red, but I'm not gonna complain.  Quick thoughts.....

Mr. Sinister:  Lame villian in the comics but the figure is really, really nice.  A powerful looking sculpt and nice effect on his cape accents.

Spider-man: Eh, it's ok.  I'm curious to see how the underarm webbing looks after I open the figure.

Mystique: Not the worst looking female figure in the line, but there is just something off about her.

Angel: Wow.  Just a top notch looking figure all around.  Sharp lines on the costume and the emblem on his chest looks great.  I don't know if the blue varient looks as good as the regular red version, but if it does, I'd end up getting it.

Omega Red:  Nice shoulder pads and suspenders.  And with that hair do, this figure SCREAMS early 90's Jim Lee design.  But a better looking figure than the one from the 90's X-Men line.

Black Panther:  Not a fan of his "Marvel Knights" golden accented costume, but this figure looks really really good.  There's a ton of detail going on in this sculpt.

Corman

Lookin' for Cyclops.  The regular version.  The X-Factor version doesn't do a thing for me.
There is nothing to read all the way down here.  If I had something else to say, I'd a said it in my post.  You may proceed to the next post.