Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 415883 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1470 on: September 21, 2005, 07:13 PM »
I'm almost glad that the Scarlet Witch was removed from 11. I want a Witch figure, but that thing was hideous and I would have regretted hunting that one down and paying $7-9 for the piece of crap.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1471 on: September 22, 2005, 09:27 AM »
I stopped off at Wal-Mart before work this morning, and found the "Fearsome Foes" box set.  They were tucked away on a top shelf (even though there was plenty of room on the shelves below the carded figures), and I just happened to spot them as I was leaving the aisle.  It was nice to find something new, even though I have a couple of the figures.  At least they are all improvements, plus a Rhino and Vulture that I don't have.

I was blindly hoping there would be some ML 10 there, but the pegs were still packed with the Galactus wave.  I'm hoping 10 won't be too hard to find, as I'm thinking I want the entire wave since it is Spidey/X-based.  Might be a little pricier for me for the next couple months for Marvel figures than usual, but I think I'll be in for a break with some of the waves coming up after that.  Anyways, those sets are out there, and should be everywhere soon...since they're here in Nebraska :).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1472 on: September 22, 2005, 11:28 PM »
So very close....

Picked up Cyclops, Mystique and Mr. Sinister today.   Looked high and low for Angel but not there.  My Sentinel is currently going by the moniker Mr. Hoppy ::) 

I also snagged the Omega red for a buddy.  Nice figure but I'll pass on it.

No fearsome foes sets around.  We don't typically do very well on these boxes up here since TRU over-ordered the Urban Legends box ::)

Blue beetle wave is about too, but I've not seen the figure in person yet. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1473 on: September 22, 2005, 11:31 PM »
I picked up Mystique, Black Panther, Omega and Spidey today after saying I wouldn't...I figured why throw away good parts.

So, I still need Cyclops, Angel and Sinister.  Its weird the others were still there...unless Target put out a half box or something

No sign of the FFoes set at my new local Wally :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1474 on: September 22, 2005, 11:37 PM »
You could always throw good parts my way :-*

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1475 on: September 23, 2005, 09:10 AM »
I picked up Mystique, Black Panther, Omega and Spidey today after saying I wouldn't...I figured why throw away good parts.

So, I still need Cyclops, Angel and Sinister.  Its weird the others were still there...unless Target put out a half box or something

Nice to hear that these are starting to pop up at Target.  I'm headed there today to check the pegs over, hopefully there will be some signs of Series 10.  I don't think our Wal-Mart will be getting them anytime soon, all sorts of Series 9 there yet...but Target only had 4 figures on the pegs last time I was there.  For those of you who have picked some of these up (10), what do you think of the figures?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1476 on: September 23, 2005, 09:46 AM »
Scarlet Witch on ebay

Scarlet Witch
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1477 on: September 23, 2005, 08:21 PM »
That Scarlett Witch auction is fairly disturbing.

On the bright side I wandered into a store today just before lunch and picked up Cyclops and Angel.  Strangely it's the second Cyclops I picked up, this guy's uniform was a little off though.  And that Angel, what gives with a blue uniform, isn't it supposed to be red? ;) :P ;D

Now what do I do?  I've got an extra right arm and if I pick up an Omega red, I'll be a third of the way to another Sentinel.  Anyone out there wanting to sell of some Sentinel parts?   Pretty please? ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1478 on: September 24, 2005, 12:10 AM »
For reference sake, sorry for the quality too.  Would like to have suspended Angel, but no more holes in the ceiling is the local mandate :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1479 on: September 24, 2005, 09:04 PM »
For interest sake, pics of the two versions of Cyclops loose, regular on the left, chase on the right.  I never picked up the short lived (one series, 4 figures only) X-men Classic stuff as it never got here and no one down south could find me a Cyclops.

As for the Angel figure, I never found the red version for comparison sake, but this Archangel is from the X-men series I mentioned above.  You can see the scale is pretty good. 

The Archangel wings are huge in comparison, something that is a nice feature and pretty good for scale.  Unfortunately that figure has about the loosest joints of any Marvel figure I own and it won't stand on its own without support.  It's aching to be suspended and eventually I will.  Another drawback to it is the wings are extremely heavy for the plastic their made out of and tend to bend and distort.  The wings on the new Angel shouldn't have any of those problems.  They attach similar to some older Marvel (Secret Wars era) figures to articulated flanges on Angels back.  Those wings are completely solid.  I'd love to see them redo the Archangel with solid (not hinged) one piece wings that attach the same way. 

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1480 on: September 25, 2005, 04:02 PM »
The pics looks great.  So does that Sentinel. :D
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1481 on: September 26, 2005, 09:27 AM »
Thanks for the pics Brent, those are great.  I'm really looking forward to this whole wave, and especially the Sentinel.  Still no sign of them around here, although Target had some room last time I checked.  Wal-Mart is buried in the Galactus wave, as is TRU.  I've been tempted to order a set online, but it will come out to $11 or so a figure likely...and if I could find them in the $7-$9 range locally I'd really be kicking myself.  Anyways, hopefully they'll ship these in good quantities, the figures look pretty spiffy to me.

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1482 on: September 26, 2005, 02:19 PM »
Ooh - Cyclops pics.  So Brent, if you've now got a Cyclops does that mean the next one you find is mine  ;)
That Sentinel looks awesome - it's too bad the only other figure from this wave I'm interested in is Spidey.  Ah well, I've only got part of galactus, I may as well only have part of a sentinel.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1483 on: September 26, 2005, 02:29 PM »
Ooh - Cyclops pics.  So Brent, if you've now got a Cyclops does that mean the next one you find is mine  ;)
That Sentinel looks awesome - it's too bad the only other figure from this wave I'm interested in is Spidey.  Ah well, I've only got part of galactus, I may as well only have part of a sentinel.

When I find these, do you want my Spidey?  He's the only one I don't want (I have plenty of Spideys already) , but I do want his Sentinal piece.  LMK and we can work something out, say Spidey for a regular carded SW figure or something.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1484 on: September 26, 2005, 02:40 PM »

Nope, that means the regular Cyclops is yours.  Cheap too, I'm keeping the arm for the Sentinel.