Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 409664 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #165 on: February 12, 2004, 01:17 AM »
Aw, man, that makes me want Phoenix more now. I'm really interested in all these figures except Movie Punisher. He stinks, and the flick looks unfortunately laughable.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #166 on: February 12, 2004, 01:30 AM »
that movie to me is going to be another Daredevil the biggest comic flop in Marvel history.!!!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #167 on: February 12, 2004, 02:46 PM »
Well...I'm sticking with my original plan, Bown Wolvie, Juggernaut and Phoenix, probably have to eBay for Phoenix, I'm guessing she'll be $70+ too :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #168 on: February 15, 2004, 11:16 PM »
Do you open your chase figures Scott?  

I don't, but my original plan had a rationale behind it.  With the early series, I displayed the chase figures sealed behind an open non-chase.  I do the same thing with my McFarlane goalies.  They looked very nice that way and made a neat combination.  I would do the same with SW figs, if I had the space and the money.  

With the subsequent move away from the chase figures being an alternate version of a regular figure it sort of throws off the symmetry.   :(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #169 on: February 16, 2004, 10:56 AM »
Although I'm more caught up in all the Original Trilogy goodness right now, I did see that the following site has pics up of the next few waves of Marvel Legends stuff.  You can check out Series 6, 7, and 8 here:

Marvel Legends 6,7,8

This is really the only other line I ever buy anything from outside of Star Wars, and I was considering putting it off since it looks like I'll be spending a lot on all the great OT stuff coming out this year.  However, X-Men always make it tempting for me...the new Wolvie, Juggernaut, Storm, Iceman, Apocalypse, etc.  Lots of toy goodness in 2004. :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #170 on: February 16, 2004, 01:41 PM »
It looks like they got it right after all?

Both versions of Phoenix?  Too good to be true or a company that knows how to run a business?  Most cool if it's accurate.  

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #171 on: February 16, 2004, 01:47 PM »
wow!!! She looks pretty good after all!! ;)

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #172 on: February 16, 2004, 01:53 PM »
i really like Hawkeye, Juggernaut, Storm is sweet! Iceman is sweet looking too! Black Widow i kind of expected more of from here, but ok.  Captain America was always my favorite, they look pretty cool.

I am not to fond of the Spiderman 2 series though at all.  They have to many Spiderman in the series it is crazy!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2004, 01:53 PM by Mainland05 »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #173 on: February 17, 2004, 09:48 AM »
There is a little more extensive photo gallery over at TNI, as well as the following link:

Marvel Legends Pics

I wasn't sure if I was going to keep collecting these this year, with all the Star Wars stuff coming out to keep up with, but some of these figures make it awfully tempting.  I'll probably end up getting an Iceman for sure, because I've always liked that character...but figures like Juggernaut, Storm, Apocalypse, and Phoenix are tempting as well.  So much great stuff coming this year from the various lines.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #174 on: February 17, 2004, 10:13 AM »
Some of those figs look awesome.  Hawkeye and Juggs are probably my favs right now (Love that Antman arrow).  

And for some reason, I really like that Man Thing figure.  For such an obscure character, I think it looks great.  

I'm definitely buying the Spider man / SS pack.  The Doc Ock and Kraven, I can do without, but to get the rest of them its well worth it.  

The FF set I'm still undecided.  I really, really want the Invisible Woman, but to get this set just for her seems extreme.  I'm happy with my MF, DD, Torch and Thing figs I have now and can't warrant the price for her, a brat kid and a stupid ass robot.  Maybe if I see it on clearance, I'lll pick it up.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #175 on: February 17, 2004, 10:57 AM »
Some of those figs look awesome.  Hawkeye and Juggs are probably my favs right now (Love that Antman arrow).  

And for some reason, I really like that Man Thing figure.  For such an obscure character, I think it looks great.  

I'm definitely buying the Spider man / SS pack.  The Doc Ock and Kraven, I can do without, but to get the rest of them its well worth it.  

The FF set I'm still undecided.  I really, really want the Invisible Woman, but to get this set just for her seems extreme.  I'm happy with my MF, DD, Torch and Thing figs I have now and can't warrant the price for her, a brat kid and a stupid ass robot.  Maybe if I see it on clearance, I'lll pick it up.

Yup, you gotta love Hawkeye!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #176 on: February 17, 2004, 09:07 PM »
Silver Armor Iron Man looks pretty cool.  That's the period when i was reading that book, so it's cool by me.  Not sure about the FF and Sinister Six box sets.  Those might be a bit of a reach.  Definitely liking all the X-Men mixed into Legends, except Cable.  I have just never really cared for the character.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #177 on: February 20, 2004, 03:16 PM »
I had some spare time this afternoon, and since I have checked out the different Star Wars galleries from Toy Fair several times, I decided to take a closer look at some more Marvel Legends stuff over at Super Hero Times.  I know this goes without saying, but Toybiz really does do a great job with this line I think.  I have only been collecting the X-Characters since they are my favorites, and I don't really have the money or space to go all out with ML...but a lot of their figures make it awfully tempting.

It is just hard to find much bad about the majority of the figures.  Sometimes the occasional one will look goofy in initial pictures, but ends up being fixed later on.  And it sounds like now they might have at least made the "chase" situation a little better too.  That said...what are some of your favorites from Toy Fair?  I'm looking forward to Iceman, strictly because I like the character...but I do hope they alter the version shown a little bit (his head looks a little...off).  I'd also like to pick up Juggernaut, Apocalypse, the Brown Wolvie, Phoenix, and possibly Storm (and maybe the regular release Doc Ock).  And although I really know next to nothing about their characters, those Deadpool and Hawkeye figures look pretty cool to me too.  I also kind of like that "flaming up" Torch figure with the Fantastic Four set, just looks neat to me.  Even the new Captain American and Iron Man (Men?) are kind of spiffy.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2004, 03:22 PM by mosnab »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #178 on: March 2, 2004, 09:24 AM »
I threw this together this morning, my most up to date wish list:

Scarlet Witch

Black Knight

Moon Knight

Black Panther

She-Hulk

Nightcrawler

Cyclops (I want a coweled version)

Kang

Lizard (Not really wanting this anymore either)

Ultron

Molecule Man

Wasp (Full Size)

Ant-Man (Full Size)

Wonder Man

Captain Marvel (both the original and the second

Doctor Strange

Hercules

Quicksilver

Captain Britain

Havok

The Blob

Kingpin

Bullseye

Baron Zemo

Klaw

Wrecking Crew (Wrecker, Thunderball, Bulldozer, Piledriver)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #179 on: March 8, 2004, 12:00 PM »
Whaaaat??? No Kitty Pryde?  For Shame.  

She Hulk :P