Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 414696 times)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1845 on: April 29, 2006, 02:52 PM »
Is there anyone on here that still needs the Cat Faced Beast figure? I picked one up today just incase someone did. PM me if interested.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1846 on: April 30, 2006, 12:50 AM »
Found two full sets (one for the bug) and left two full sets at one of the local Wally Worlds of the Giant Man figures

I also found a Hobgoblin so overall it was a good ML day.  Still want three of the 2 packs (Cap-Skull, Daredevil-Kingpin, Cap-Strucker) and that is about it

I really only want Loki, Pyro and Abomination from 13.  14 is sort of hit and miss as well but I'll take all of 15 just to get MODOK :-*

Thank you very kindly Scott, I really appreciate it.  LMK how you'd like to receive fundage. 

I have the sets of 2-packs on order through the comic shop here, just hoping to get Strucker and not Skull. 

In other news, I decided to spring for a Super Skrull on ebay for a $20 BIN.  Seems like there aren't too many showing up around you guys, so may as well grab them there.  I can live without the invisible or torch version, though those are now selling under $20.  I expect we'll see them become very popular in stores now that I pulled the trigger ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DrunkJedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1847 on: April 30, 2006, 03:47 PM »
Wouldn't it make more sense for the Sentinel, Apocalypse & MOJO series to be an ALL X-Men series, and make GIANT MAN to be an ALL Avengers series, and make the Galactus Series a mix of FF and Avengers.

I like the Bring on the Bad Guys line, but not to build an Onslaught. Onlaught would be cool line to have done a Franklin Richards, a possesed Professor X, and other figures that had something to do with the story.

Would logically make sense. The problem you are going to get there is that if you make a line that is all from one team or their villains, someone will complain. It doesn't bother me personally. At least Prof X or Nightcrawler in a Galactus wave is better than no Prof or Nightcrawler. Now if they would only rerelease Prof X with the hoverchair since the proto for it looked ok.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1848 on: April 30, 2006, 08:58 PM »
I have to agree about Prof. X, i really wish we could have go tth eover chair instead of the one we got. I woul dhave been happ if they did a mailaway just for the chair.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1849 on: May 1, 2006, 12:57 AM »
Popped open the Giant Man figures tonight and I have to say these are definitely some of the nicest figures Toy Biz has ever done.  Havok and Captain Britain are both works of figure art.

The new Thor is spectacular and I am really digging the Ant Man and Warbird staring back from the Avengers shelf.  The most amazing figure though is Sentry.  I only bought the bearded version and I am sure glad I did, because it is such a great, great figure.

I also am absoultely floored at how awesome Giant Man is.  He is so perfectly stern and captures a moment where it looks like he's about to kick someones ass in a royal way.

My only hope is this quality continues through the two packs and the end because these figures are AMAZING. :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1850 on: May 1, 2006, 01:08 AM »
Damn, just after I decided to NOT buy the entire series. I can't find 'em anyway, so, meh. When I get Kitty, Sentry, and Warbird, I'll call it good. I kinda wanted the Giant Man, but I just can't see forking over good money for AoA figures.  :-\
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1851 on: May 1, 2006, 10:51 AM »
Still no signs here, and I'm getting anxious for the WM wave.  I originally thought I could limit myself to picking up just Kitty Pryde, Thor, and possibly Havok.  After reading Scott's reviews on things though, its tempting to get more of them.  Captain Britain and Sentry were the other two really tempting me, as well as Warbird to an extent.  It'll be tough.  I try to justify it to the Mrs. by saying this will probably be the last year of the Marvel figures - although we don't really know that yet I guess.

On a side note, the Target nearest to us did their toy aisle reset, and seem to be carrying the X-Men figures now.  They only had Cyclops and Wolverine (I was hoping for Storm or Phoenix), but they had two pegs dedicated to them (and only 1 for Marve Legends now).  Nice to see them somewhere besides TRU though.  I guess this is retails "X-Men push" for the movie - two pegs of figures ;).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1852 on: May 1, 2006, 12:56 PM »
I just read a post over at Fwoosh from their forum member "Glaken" about the possible futures of the Marvel lines - grain of salt and all that, but it sounds like things might be continuing in the Legends line:

Fwoosh Forums

If true, this could be good news for the line continuing.  Part of me was a little bit relieved that the line might be winding down, just because I'm always tempted to buy more, but it is nice to (hopefully) see it continue also.  There's always more characters to be covered, but I think they are getting to the point in the line that the majority of the major ones have been done (except for She-Hulk, Quicksilver, etc.)  It sounds like the line should stay the same as far as scale, but might have a little less articulation (still 25-30 pts).  More info at the fwoosh forums, if you are interested.  How would you like to see the line continue - are there a lot of characters you personally would still like to see?  I know I always feel like I have pretty much what I want after this year, but then new stuff comes out and it seems like "oh, that might be nice to have too".  I'm going through the same thing with the WM wave, thinking I want more figures than I originally did.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1853 on: May 1, 2006, 01:29 PM »
It can die as far as I'm concerned.  Well, that may be a bit harsh, but there's relatively little I'm still after and I've already bought too much stuff I don't want. 

I see little need for multiple versions of many characters.  I understand many allow for it - Wolverine, Hulk and others - but it remains frustrating nonetheless.  You just know they'll revisit many of the figures already made yet again. 

I'd like to see them round out a few of the teams that are still missing some members like X-Factor, Avengers, WCA or whomever else is still short an individual or two, but aside from that I think there's little that is missing anyway.  Maybe a villain or two, but nothing too major now either. 

I think I'll be skipping a bunch of the BAF figures from coming series'.  Onslaught doesn't do much for me, so I'll probably be selective on that one.  Future waves will be tough too, I'm tired of buying figures I don't want just to get a stupid piece of a BAF.   :-\

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1854 on: May 1, 2006, 02:55 PM »
I still have a few figures I'd like to see:

Quicksilver
Black Knight
Hercules
Yellowjacket
Tigra
US Agent
Captain Marvel/Photon

Klaw
Molecule Man
Mole Man
Wrecker
Bulldozer
Piledriver
Thunderball
Enchantress
The Blob

But those are pretty much B List Heroes and B/C List Villains.  This final year cleaned up almost all of the heavy hitters I wanted to see

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1855 on: May 1, 2006, 03:23 PM »
 >:(

Shame on you for forgetting. 

From your list(s), my wants are really minimal:
Quicksilver
Tigra
Mole Man
Enchantress
The Blob

I'd think they'd be able to pull off the Blob now with some minor modifications to the Kingpin sculpt.  And Psylocke would be a good sculpt for Tigra/Enchantress to be based on. 

I really don't like the Marvel Select She-Hulk and it's readily available here at a comic shop for a decent price, so my hope is they eventually do that one justice.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1856 on: May 1, 2006, 03:34 PM »
Yeah, Scott's lists are pretty good.  I'd say She-Hulk, to me, is the most glaring omission in the Legends lineup so far.  I'd like the following too (as well as a few I'm likely forgetting):

She-Hulk
Quicksilver
The Blob
Mole Man
US Agent
Black Bolt

There are probably others I might pick up too, but those are a few I wouldn't mind seeing.  Of course, there are always wish lists for the rest of Spidey's universe (Mary Jane, Aunt May, J.J. Jameson) - but those are unlikely, and if so, we'll leave those for SMC.

Looking at the Marvel Legends (and the accompanying Classics line) throughout the 15+ series, its really amazing all the characters that have been covered.  I certainly didn't end up getting the majority of the figures, but for those that did I can't imagine what type of a Marvel Universe set up you could have gotten.  I've always been a Star Wars fan/collector first and foremost, but this line is really a Marvel fan's dream come true I think.  I couldn't imagine having a lineup like this as a kid when I was reading comics, and now getting back into comics again - its pretty cool.  Anyways, like both of you have mentioned, there isn't much left that I necessarily need.  Just a few figures here and there, but for the most part nothing I can't live without.  That said, I'll probably end up picking more than I think now, depending on how expansive the Star Wars line is next year again.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1857 on: May 1, 2006, 04:24 PM »

There are probably others I might pick up too, but those are a few I wouldn't mind seeing.  Of course, there are always wish lists for the rest of Spidey's universe (Mary Jane, Aunt May, J.J. Jameson) - but those are unlikely, and if so, we'll leave those for SMC.

I know we've discussed it before, but that's just begging for an internet exclusive box set.  Female figures aren't too tough nowadays, especially in this line, they'd just be repaints and they could simply repaint/re-release JJJ from the movie figures.  I'd love to see a box set with the following in it:

Mary Jane Watson (comic version)
Gwen Stacy
Aunt May - this would be tough as it'd require an all new sculpt
Peter Parker (not one that changes into spidey either)
J. Jonah Jameson (repainted from movie version)
Robbie Robertson

I readily admit it's boring as all get out, but if it was a BBTS exclusive or somewhere like that, they'd have no problem selling it at all.  It wouldn't fly especially well in the kids market, but collectors would eat it up. 

I'd like to see them release a 'disguised' Black Cat (civilian clothes Felicia Hardy) as well.  Not too much missing from Spidey I can think of, though if we ever saw a Robbie figure we'd need to see a Tombstone done as well (or vice versa).  I think those are pretty substantial omissions from the Spidey lineup. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1858 on: May 1, 2006, 04:33 PM »
Excellent idea Brent, I know I'd buy one.  I think if they offered it as an exclusive to an online shop like that (BBTS is a good one), they would sell very well.  It might not be something that could go to retail, but as a specialty exclusive it would sell.  I think most of us here, and probably the majority of all of the Legends/Classics collectors would take that set in a heartbeat.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1859 on: May 2, 2006, 04:08 AM »
Marvel does seem to be running low on characters for the Marvel Legends line.  These might be some good choices:

AVENGERS
Hercules
Starfox
Yellowjacket
old school gold Iron Man
Scarlet Witch
She Hulk (w/ FF variant)

X-MEN/X-Factor
Thunderbird
Sunfire
Banshee
Storm - original costume
Beast - X-Factor minus blue fur
Cyclops - X-Factor
Jean Grey - X-Factor
Havok
"Days Of Future Past" gift pack

OTHERS
Quicksilver

VILLAINS
Thanos
Modok
Crimson Dynamo
Brood
Sebastion Shaw
Nimrod
White Queen

Dug up the most recent wishlist I had.  I'm surprised to see so many of my choices have been given consideration in one way or another...

AVENGERS
Hercules
Starfox
Yellowjacket
old school gold Iron Man - think this might be a variant in a future wave
Scarlet Witch
She Hulk (w/ FF variant)

X-MEN/X-Factor
Thunderbird
Sunfire
Banshee
Storm - original costume
Beast - X-Factor minus blue fur
Cyclops - X-Factor
Jean Grey - X-Factor
Havok
"Days Of Future Past" gift pack

OTHERS
Quicksilver

VILLAINS
Thanos - Marvel Select
Modok
Crimson Dynamo
Brood
Sebastion Shaw
Nimrod
White Queen - Kinda sorta done by Marvel Select

It's still kind of puzzling as to what Hasbro is going to tackle when they take over the license.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback