Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 413427 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1935 on: June 3, 2006, 10:25 PM »
Scored a couple of the 2-packs today.  The maskless Daredevil set is one.  And the other was the set with the Leader with the classic look.  These things rule!  And I don't think the price I paid at a show for them was bad at $20 each.  These retail for what, $15 or $16?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1936 on: June 3, 2006, 11:23 PM »
$17.99 on Amazon.com Nick, so the price is pretty good.  I managed to score another Cap/Strucker pack off ebay and the guy is shipping direct to me in Canada for $4.00 for the loose figures, so a spectacular deal in my estimation.  I have the regulars of the other two on order at a comic shop, so those packs are done as well for me. 

The response from Amazon to my letter was, uh, interesting, but uninformative:

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

First, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that
may have caused to you for the delay in delivering your order.

I've checked into your order and see that the shipping instruction
to "group my items into as few shipments as possible" was selected
during the order process.  This option can extend the estimated ship
date for your order beyond the individual item availability
estimates which are listed on our web site.

I have made a one-time exception with your order, and have changed
your shipping option to "ship items as they become available" and
the ship method to "Next Day Domestic" at no additional charge. Also
waived off the complete shipping charges on this order to compensate
for the inconvenience caused.

Currently, we are waiting to ship your items until we
receive "Marvel Legends Bring On The Bad Guys 6" Action Figure:
Unmasked Green Goblin."

This item is not available. This item typically takes longer to
obtain from our suppliers than the other items in your order.

The items in your order are now estimated to be delivered by June 6,
2006. Whenever items are shipped, we will send you an e-mail message
to confirm the date, contents, and method of your shipment.

We have several fulfillment centers across the United States,
meaning the items in your order may be stocked at different
locations.  Whenever you place an order, we display an estimated
shipping date based on inventory's proximity to your delivery
address, as well as how quickly we can obtain and assemble your
shipment.  This estimate takes into account the fact that available
items may be held for shipment until we have assembled the rest of
your order.

I apologize for any misunderstanding.  Please contact us again by
visiting http://www.amazon.com/contact-us if you do not receive a
shipment confirmation by June 2, 2006.

Yeah, guess what, no ship confirmation ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Lord Mantha

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1937 on: June 5, 2006, 04:07 PM »
toybiz has angered me. i received my Deathlok today thanks to the generousity of a fellow member and my Galactus is really taking shape. :D. anyway, Deathlok had one of those POA that's really stiff at first and needs a bit of force to loosen up. his swivel thigh had a particularily stiff joint. i twisted and twisted and twisted it to get it loose. oh it became loose. nice, loose, and BROKEN COMPLETELY OFF! what's up with Toybiz's molds? do they mold articulation joints to the sculpt now? do they send replacements if i send my broen figure in like Hasbro does? UUUGH!!!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1938 on: June 6, 2006, 12:21 AM »
Mostly, the paint freezes the joints. Not that it helps now, but try to put them in either the freezer or warm water to loosen the joint. It usually helps for frozen joints.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Lord Mantha

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1939 on: June 6, 2006, 02:27 PM »
i glued it. everything bends like it's supposed to, but i cant swivel the leg anymore. a litle upsetting, but not terrible

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1940 on: June 6, 2006, 04:18 PM »
Just a general question for you ML collectors.....how do you feel about the "1st Appearance" figures that have come out in the Legends line so far.  Personally, I only have the Spider-man, but part of me has thought about picking up the others and making a "1st Appearance" display.  I don't know how many more - if any - we will get, but it was just something I thought about.  What are your opinions of them so far?  Which do we all have (or have coming up)?  Off the top of my head I could think of:

Series 9/Galactus Series - 1st Appearance Hulk
Series 10/Sentinel Series - 1st Appearance Spider-Man
Series 11/Legendary Riders - 1st Appearance Thing
Series 14/Onslaught Series - 1st Appearance Iron Man
Face Offs Series 2 - 1st Appearance Wolverine vs Sabertooth

It might be a silly idea, and I know many of these "1st App" figures aren't generally looked upon as being too great (Thing in particular), but I thought it might make an interesting display someday if we continue to get new characters here and there.  Anyways, just curious as to your thoughts on them.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1941 on: June 6, 2006, 07:44 PM »
So far i passed on the Thing, I thought he was horrible and with the lack of a build a figure part, there was no need for me to buy him.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1942 on: June 6, 2006, 10:40 PM »
The only reason I own any 1st Appearance figures is because they came with BAF parts. I'd have skipped the Hulk and Spider-Man had they not come with said pieces. I didn't buy the Thing either, and apparently that's the case with every other ML collector judging by all the unsold figures I see around here.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1943 on: June 7, 2006, 10:14 AM »
According to some posters at the TNI forums (and Fwoosh), apparently some people have been informed via Amazon/TRU that ML 14 might be ready to ship by Friday, June 9th.  Apparently several people have called in and gotten this information.  It would be a little surprising - and it wouldn't shock me if Amazon was mistaken - but just a heads up to maybe keep an eye on things later this week just in case.
« Last Edit: June 7, 2006, 10:16 AM by Brian »

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1944 on: June 7, 2006, 02:43 PM »
Picked up all 3 variants from Onslaught series today at Target.
« Last Edit: June 7, 2006, 02:55 PM by JayDouble »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1945 on: June 9, 2006, 03:10 PM »
Just a quick question for you ML collectors...how rare is the Series 5 Silver Surfer figure?  That is a character/figure I have always wanted to pick up - but missed him when he was at retail.  I've been looking on ebay, but many of the prices there seem to be fairly high.  Not all are crazy high, but still a couple times retail or more.  I know I've heard of some figures being tough finds - aside from the chases - like the first couple series, Colossus, Phoenix, etc., but I wasn't sure about SS.  Just curious, as its one I'd really like to get - and unlike some of the others I'm still hoping to pick up (Iron Man, Phoenix, Doom), I wasn't sure if it would see another version/re-release anytime soon.  Anyways, just curious how tough the Surfer was to find, or if there is anywhere online where he could still be picked up.  Maybe ebay will be the best option.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1946 on: June 9, 2006, 03:45 PM »
Not rare at all Brian.  He sat on the pegs for a considerable period of time both up here and in Fargo to the south.  If there's demand for him, I expect it's because a lot of current ML collectors missed the first 5-6 series and are trying to back fill their collections. 

I'd suggest looking around the boards and trying to find a loose version from someone somewhere.  It's bound to be way cheaper than the MOC stuff that goes on ebay ::)

As for the First Appearance stuff, I'm not overly enamored of those versions myself.  I do like the Spidey, but otherwise it's neither here nor there.  I'm not dying to see the first appearance of many characters simply because they evolved into better drawn versions down the road. 

I'll confess to a little befuddlement with the Face Offs Series 2 - 1st Appearance Wolverine vs Sabertooth version.  Is this supposed to be the 1st appearance of these two characters together?  If it is, it's hardly a first appearance for Wolverine, he'd been through half a dozen costumes by then.  If Wolvie is in his first duds, it makes no sense, so obviously they're taking some creative license with the notion of first appearances anyway. 

Hoping to find the series 13 stuff this weekend in Fargo/Grand Forks so I can stop looking around here.  The wave hit some Canadian TRUs elsewhere, but ours slapped out a bunch of "NEW!" signs and put out 3-4 cases of the Apocalypse wave ::)

In arguing-with-Amazon news, I was invited by the latest customer service rep to cancel my order if I was dissatisfied ::) >:(  Just incredible.  I know they're divesting themselves but the whole pre-order notion still ticks me off.  I know I won't win, but at some point they're going to have to send me up the line from the run-of-the-mill lackey because I'm refusing to back down until they openly admit it is a pointed waste of time to pre-order with them :P  I'm taking a brief break and then I'll rev up again with full sarcasm in place. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1947 on: June 9, 2006, 04:15 PM »
Not rare at all Brian.  He sat on the pegs for a considerable period of time both up here and in Fargo to the south.  If there's demand for him, I expect it's because a lot of current ML collectors missed the first 5-6 series and are trying to back fill their collections.

I'd suggest looking around the boards and trying to find a loose version from someone somewhere.  It's bound to be way cheaper than the MOC stuff that goes on ebay

As for the First Appearance stuff, I'm not overly enamored of those versions myself.  I do like the Spidey, but otherwise it's neither here nor there.  I'm not dying to see the first appearance of many characters simply because they evolved into better drawn versions down the road.

I'll confess to a little befuddlement with the Face Offs Series 2 - 1st Appearance Wolverine vs Sabertooth version.  Is this supposed to be the 1st appearance of these two characters together?  If it is, it's hardly a first appearance for Wolverine, he'd been through half a dozen costumes by then.  If Wolvie is in his first duds, it makes no sense, so obviously they're taking some creative license with the notion of first appearances anyway.

Thanks for the reply Brent, I appreciate it.  I didn't think that the Surfer was a rare one...but you never know in the action figure game these days.  I'm hoping to just find a loose one that someone is willing to part with as well, thanks for the advice.  The more I've thought about the 1st Appearance thing, I'm kind of in the same boat as the rest of you.  I looked at the 2 1st App. Things that are hanging at our local TRU the other day, and I just couldn't bring myself to buy it.  Plus, like you mentioned, the characters have evolved to look better since then anyways, so we'll see.  Also, on the Face Off issue, I might be wrong in saying that is a "1st Appearance Wolverine".  I'm not sure if it is actually called that or not, I just thought I remembered reading that somewhere - but I could be lost on that :).
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 03:50 PM by Brian »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1948 on: June 9, 2006, 04:16 PM »
Went out looking for 13/Walmart wave/2-packs today and came home with nothing.  I am starting to really worry about the Walmart wave.

SPeaking of the Walmart wave, does anyone know which Sentry came out first, yellow or mustard?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1949 on: June 9, 2006, 04:34 PM »
The Wal-Mart wave is totally gone from our local stores, haven't seen any figures in weeks now.  I stopped there this morning, and the pegs were freshly stocked with the Apocolypse series (which is the first time it had shown at our local WMs).  I saw some of the Masterworks things shoved away on a back shelf, but didn't see any more 2 packs or box sets.  Maybe they are in a clearance aisle somewhere, I didn't have a chance to look.  I was half tempted to pick up the variant Daredevil set for the Matt Murdock, and possibly the Young Avengers set if it was really cheap - although I guess I don't really need it.  I wonder if these will re-ship (the basic figures I mean), or if it was a one and done deal?