Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 413592 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1950 on: June 9, 2006, 08:06 PM »
Got my order from Amazon and received the variant Abomination and Loki and I would really prefer the regular ones.   >:(
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1951 on: June 10, 2006, 01:43 AM »
Anyone need a variant Loki?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1952 on: June 11, 2006, 10:38 PM »
Saw some stuff this weekend and have to comment on it:

Hydro-man - saw only one, but it sucked royally.  Left him on the pegs.  Unimpressive figure with an odd look on his face.  Pass.

Face off two packs - there was one regular DD/Kingpin and 4 variants of that set on the shelf ???  If the variant Kingpin is his good twin, why is he scowling?  Why would Matt Murdock put on glasses and leave his costume on with his cowl down?  Does that make any sense?  Also had the regular Hulk/Leader but passed on all as I'll get them locally from the shop. 

Not a hint on ML13 to be found anywhere at all.  Bare bones stuff, unless you really wanted a Deathlok ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1953 on: June 13, 2006, 02:42 AM »

Hydro-man - saw only one, but it sucked royally.  Left him on the pegs.  Unimpressive figure with an odd look on his face.  Pass.

Most of the Spiderman line has been thoroughly forgettable over the past few months.  the Hobgoblin that's out now is pretty crappy compared with the one they did a year or two ago.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1954 on: June 13, 2006, 09:40 AM »
I like the current Hobgoblin actually.  It's the classic, comic/cartoony colours and isn't too poorly done.  I suppose not having a human face helps in that those always seem easier to sculpt and do well, or they just allow for flaws that aren't as obvious as on the human figures.

I do prefer the original Hobgoblin though, it is an amazingly well done piece.  But I'm happy to see this one as well. 

But speaking of screw-ups, I also saw the Marvel Masterworks Spidey/Green Goblin and thought the Goblin was horrible.  Actually both figures seemed disproportionately small and at the price of $25?  Pass. 

I saw the Young Avengers and Mosters box sets while I was down as well.  Monsters were tempting, but I prefer the classic Frankenstein look and I just wasn't prepared to drop the $25-28 for that box.  I can see the young Avengers making clearance pricing (Marvel Masterworks as well).

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1955 on: June 14, 2006, 05:02 PM »
I picked up the Onslaught wave at TRU today, no variants though. Not a bad wave, now if i coudl find the rest of the 2-packs and the Walmart wave.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1956 on: June 16, 2006, 03:53 PM »
Note to the Canadian distributor of the Apocalypse wave:

For the love of all that's good, stop dumping that **** in Winnipeg

Good gracious, we keep getting this wave again and again and again and again.  The Onslaught wave has been in other parts of Canada now for over a week yet stores here keep flogging the preceding wave (not counting the ML wave).  I see so much of this wave around (minus Wolverine) it's sickening, positively sickening.  I fear I'll end up picking this up in Minneapolis in a little over a week when I'm down there.  Yeesh.

In other news, my Strucker/Cap pack arrived and they are nice figures, worth owning.  Still no sign of the others at ye olde locale comic shoppe, but sometime they'll arrive.  Kudos to the ebay seller as well for a nice packing job and fair shipping - a novelty. 

I also opened up and built Giant Man yesterday (thanks again Scott  :-*).  Decent enough wave but the female figures are disturbing as they are so flimsy, I think they'll break pretty quick if my daughter ever gets her hands on them.  Still nice to have that variety though and some pretty good X-characters as well. 

Amazon refuses to respond to me now ;D

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1957 on: June 18, 2006, 06:14 AM »
Anyone need a AOA Weapon X Variant? I found a minty one today at Walmart.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1958 on: June 18, 2006, 09:14 AM »
I'll take it, Robb.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1959 on: June 18, 2006, 03:13 PM »
Consider it yours Mike.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1960 on: June 19, 2006, 11:38 AM »
Some pics have surfaced of the first wave of ML Icons, which are apparently hitting Canadian e-tailers, so they might not be too far off now.  I'm not sure if I'll buy any of these outside of Spidey, but they do look pretty spiffy.  Apparently retailers went crazy for these when they were first shown them, ordering 2 additional assortments.  Anyways, lots of pics at the linky, if interested.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1961 on: June 19, 2006, 01:43 PM »
They are cool, but i have no room for anything like that. I will be passing on them.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1962 on: June 19, 2006, 10:32 PM »
I'll probably consider them, since I have a huge interest in 12" scale stuff right now.

Depends, of course, on cost.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1963 on: June 27, 2006, 12:48 PM »
This thread at the Fwoosh has some carded pics of the next wave of Fantastic Four Classics - Dragon Man, Kang, "Transforming" Johnny Storm, and Invisible Woman.  They don't look too bad, might have to consider picking a couple up - if they ever show up around here.  The only place that carries this line here is TRU, and I never did see Super Skrull there.  They may still have a Mr. Fantastic hanging out there, but that's it.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1964 on: June 27, 2006, 06:48 PM »
Great news that carded pics have actually surfaced. I hope this wave is not impossible to find. I really want Kand and Dragon Man.