Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 413391 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2085 on: August 30, 2006, 03:05 PM »
Better than even odds anyway.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2086 on: August 30, 2006, 03:19 PM »
And the repaint start...Iceman form the X-Men Series 3 is virtually the same as the Marvel Legends piece...so who is next.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2087 on: August 30, 2006, 06:14 PM »
Series 14 seems to have hit. Mojo is much much smaller than expected.  :-[
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2088 on: August 31, 2006, 09:58 AM »
I don't know if it is a sign of things re-shipping or not, but our local WM had several of the Face Off packs out on the pegs again yesterday (Series 1).  Maybe it was old stock, or maybe they are indeed reshipping.  Just thought I'd offer the heads up for those who are still looking for those, they might be hitting stores again soon.  I saw some Icons at WM again too, two unmasked Caps and one unmasked Iron Man.  It seems like the masked versions are tougher to find than the "variant" unmasked ones (although I think they are packed evenly maybe?).  The only masked version I have ever seen is a Wolverine, a couple of weeks ago.  They do seem to be selling pretty well around here though.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2089 on: August 31, 2006, 04:08 PM »
It looks like the Fwoosh has some pics up of Series 14 (and Mojo).  You can check them out at the linky if interested.  I don't remember from the comics exactly, but doesn't Mojo seem a bit on the small side?  Maybe that's how he is supposed to look, I haven't seen him in a book for awhile.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 04:11 PM by Brian »

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2090 on: August 31, 2006, 06:32 PM »
By the looks of it, it appears that they built this figure to be inscale with the rest of the line.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2091 on: August 31, 2006, 07:22 PM »
I got my Stealth Venom, Shocker, and Mad Jack today.   ;D Very cool figures indeed!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2092 on: August 31, 2006, 10:16 PM »
You guys have to get Dragon Man if you haven't already.  It's an unbelievably well done figure.  Kang is, well, Kang and that's fine, but the Dragonman is so much cooler.  I picked mine up today from the comic shop and what a great treat it was to find these locally. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2093 on: August 31, 2006, 10:38 PM »
I have to agree. I love the figure. Dragon Man is worth picking up. The TRU by me got FF2 in, but all i saw were the remains.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2094 on: September 4, 2006, 03:05 PM »
Picked up Mad Jack and Shocker yesterday, they are both so-so, I wish Shocker was a tad bit more SA than he is, Mad Jack is actually pretty cool but his limbs (especially his hip joints) are really floppy for some reason.

My question to Spidey fans is this...how many more guys can he fight that either Venom type Symbiotes or Glider riding Flaming Pumpkin throwers?  It gets a tad bit rediculous

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2095 on: September 4, 2006, 03:40 PM »
Well, they lost me at the clone saga or whatever it was called, so it's been a long while since I paid attention.  I was there when Carnage debuted but not anything after that. 

As far as figures go, there's really not all that much more I'm wanting.  So if they release a Halloween based symbiote riding a glider, I'm probably going to pass anyway.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2096 on: September 8, 2006, 04:38 PM »
How's the distribution been of Series 13 around you?  We saw some roll in a couple of weeks back and I managed to secure what I wanted out of it, save a maskless Goblin.  But I haven't seen any come in since.  Now with rumours of Series 14 being out there, I'm curious if this pattern is consistent. 

There are no guarantees here though.  Walmart brought in some Series six when Series 8 was in other stores and I expect them to get some ML in again for the coming Christmas season. 

No sign of the new X3 waves here yet :-\

What's next from the Spidey series?

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2097 on: September 8, 2006, 09:38 PM »
13 is clogging shelves around here, no sign of the Mojo wave or X3 yet.  I'm hearing reports of Mad Jack and Shocker hitting near me, but have yet to see one.  I did see a couple of Stealth Venoms at a Target but missed the two good figures.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2098 on: September 8, 2006, 10:12 PM »
Still nothing but 13 here. No sight of 14 or X3 figures. Glad i found my Spidey villians though.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2099 on: September 10, 2006, 02:27 PM »
Went out of town yesterday, and found bit of ML 14 at two places. I found two Longshots and one Luke Cage at a WM, then I went to Target and found everyone but Iron Man. I only picked up Psylocke, but Falcon looked pretty neat.

I want the Mojo BAF, but I'm not sure about actually paying money for Baron Zemo and Luke Cage, especially since the Cages I saw all had pretty wonky paint.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk