Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 414674 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2175 on: November 1, 2006, 04:58 PM »
The only pictures I've ever seen of the Psylocke variant are from Toyfare, either the event or the magazine.  Every single one listed on ebay has NOT had a picture with it.  Previous pics I've seen at other places seem to be no longer active :-\  I'm still not convinced this figure is coming, later waves or not.  My personal conspiracy theory. ;)

toynewsinternational.com is another place with ML forums (TNI).  I'm not 100% on that url though, so maybe google it to get there first.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2176 on: November 1, 2006, 06:21 PM »
Thanks man. There's some good sites for this stuff it seems.

So how unlikely do you think it is that I'll find a Storm figure with a mohawk?  :-\
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2177 on: November 1, 2006, 08:01 PM »
Eww, that's one of those weird chase pieces that's held it's price fairly well.  There's one around town here at a shop, but he's still asking over $30 CAD I think (about $26-27 USD) so it's steep.  I haven't looked, but I'd bet it's a good deal less on ebay. 

I missed all the variants from that series I'm afraid, wasn't a good one up here.  I think that and III and IV were the only series I didn't find multiple variants for. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2178 on: November 1, 2006, 08:02 PM »
Is it me or are people going insane on the Modok wave variants? I know I want them very much but am not dropping 35.00 - 50.00 each on them.  :o
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2179 on: November 1, 2006, 08:12 PM »
Is it me or are people going insane on the Modok wave variants? I know I want them very much but am not dropping 35.00 - 50.00 each on them.  :o

People are impatient.  This wave looks to be hitting in greater numbers now (although I've not seen any hint of them yet).  If I see any variants, I'll grab them and if I happen to luck out and get a variant case from BBTS, all the better.  Maybe I can use them to trade for a Dragon Man and Kang.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2180 on: November 1, 2006, 09:40 PM »

People are impatient.  This wave looks to be hitting in greater numbers now (although I've not seen any hint of them yet).  If I see any variants, I'll grab them and if I happen to luck out and get a variant case from BBTS, all the better.  Maybe I can use them to trade for a Dragon Man and Kang.

Impatient is something we always see. This just seems like something more. Its almost as if people are afraid since this is the last Toybiz wave it may not get enough distribution.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2181 on: November 1, 2006, 11:43 PM »
If anyone happens to find a Rogue X-Men figure (Xtreme), could you pick it up for me? I'm mainly looking for the long-hair version, but I'll take any version I can get. If you've got an extra that you're willing to part with, PM me!

Thanks!  ;D
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2182 on: November 2, 2006, 09:06 AM »
There's a pic of the variant Psylocke (and Luke Cage) in this thread over at toynewsi.com

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2183 on: November 2, 2006, 12:36 PM »
Packaged pics of Hasbro Legends here.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2184 on: November 2, 2006, 01:22 PM »
Holy ****, those cards are nice.

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2185 on: November 2, 2006, 01:42 PM »
Packaged pics of Hasbro Legends here.

I can definitely see the resemblance of the Star Wars line in those cards.
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2186 on: November 2, 2006, 01:55 PM »
I guess it was diaper day at the Hellfire Club.

WTF?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2187 on: November 2, 2006, 02:36 PM »
I don't leave these things in the package anyways, but the new cardbacks do look pretty spiffy.  I like the individual character cardbacks/graphics, maybe this is part of the reason for the rumored price increase next year?  Maybe they won't end up being more expensive either, who knows.  I agree with Brent though, that Emma Frost did not turn out the best.  I'm not sure if I'll be getting much more than Hercules from this first wave or not, but the cards are kind of nice.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2188 on: November 2, 2006, 11:00 PM »
The only one I'm unsure about in this wave is Hercules, but after seeing him in Civil War, I suppose I'll go ahead and get him. I'll have all the other pieces to Annihilus, so I just as well.

I didn't expect Hasbro to stick with the clamshell, but I didn't expect the cards to look that pretty. Kudos to them for using different pieces of art for every character. It doesn't matter since I don't keep Legends packaged anyway.
I must be the only one sad to see the comics go, but if it keeps down the cost some (which will undoubtedly go up) then I'm all for it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2189 on: November 3, 2006, 09:20 AM »
I'm kind of sad to see the comics go too, but like you said - if it helps with costs, that's ok.  I always enjoyed reading many of the older issues that I never had, and often to get more insight into some of the characters that I didn't know as much about before.  Its too bad they had to go, but I guess its not surprising.