Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 427102 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2205 on: November 8, 2006, 09:46 AM »
Thanks!  ;D
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2206 on: November 9, 2006, 01:46 PM »
Hi guys,

Has anyone seen the new Spider-Man two packs yet?  My son really wants a Green Goblin (yes, he like the movie version), so I'm hoping to find one before X-Mas. 

I could buy it online, but I don't want to spend $6 for shipping on a $10 order. 

Spider Man Two Pack

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2207 on: November 9, 2006, 01:52 PM »
Not locally, though there's no surprise in that.  I didn't even know there was a version like this coming out.  The movie version is pretty nice actually, so is the Spidey that comes with it. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2208 on: November 9, 2006, 01:56 PM »
Thanks - I just noticed on HTS's site that they're only taking pre-orders, the item is slated to ship on 12/13.

I can only assume that they will hit B&M chains around that time as well.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2209 on: November 9, 2006, 02:54 PM »
I'm actually kind of glad they are releasing this as well.  I didn't get all of the figures from the first Spidey movie line, and was hoping to pick up a Goblin.  This is an easier (and cheaper) way to do it.  Eventually I'll just need to track down a Jameson and MJ from the first line.  I haven't seen them at retail either, and I'm half tempted to order it online as well (thanks for the linky ruiner).  We'll see I guess.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2210 on: November 9, 2006, 03:12 PM »

And just a quick tip in regards to HTS.com if you do plan on ordering - 
if you spend $50 or more, you get free shipping - whether or not that applies to pre-orders, I'm not sure.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2211 on: November 9, 2006, 04:25 PM »
So, after having a look at both Series 1 and Series 2 that are on the way from Hasbro's Marvel Legends next year - what do you think?  Do you see the drop off in quality that many have commented on (lesser paint apps/wash, less articulation, loss of bicep swivel, possible higher price)?  What do you see for the future of the line, and your interest in it?

To be honest, I keep thinking there can't be much more that I'd be picking up - but I'd never have imagined we would have gotten some of the figures that we've seen in the line.  Despite the difference in quality, I look forward to picking up some of the figures in Hasbro ML 1 and 2, but its finishing off a lot of the figures I was hoping we'd see (She Hulk, Hercules, Quicksilver, Yellowjacket, etc.).  That, in combination with all of the great stuff that ToyBiz put out this year (and I haven't found ML 15 yet) has really fleshed things out nicely.  I'm always looking for more figures/characters from Spidey's world, but even his rogues gallery is getting pretty complete (Chameleon, Hammerhead come to mind, as well as supporting characters).  From the looks of things, "Spider-Man Classics" will be replaced by "Origins", which looks like mostly repainted figures.  I'm looking forward to the Iron Spidey from that line, but I'm not sure if there is much else - at least from what has been seen so far.  Anyways, what are your feelings on the Marvel lines at this point/and looking at Hasbro's efforts so far - where do you think things are headed?  Are you complete enough in your collection that anything else is just gravy at this point?

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2212 on: November 11, 2006, 04:15 AM »
My local TRU got in two non variant cases of Series 15. I was able tp pick up a Spider Woman. I don't why I'm trying to get back into these again.  ::)
I remember my dream now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2213 on: November 13, 2006, 10:22 AM »
I had some decent luck with SMC this weekend.  I picked up the "House of M" Spider-Man at WM.  It now has a "light up eyes" feature, with red eyes.  I don't remember that happening ;).  Also, I was able to pick up Electro and Toxin at our local TRU - so I think I'm caught up (or I guess, finished up) with Spider-Man Classics now.  Now we wait and see what the "Origins" line brings beyond the first couple repaint waves.  Still no sign of ML 15 in town, but I did see some of 14 at both TRU and Target.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2214 on: November 13, 2006, 02:44 PM »
This thread on the Fwoosh forums has packaged pics of the upcoming Marvel Icons Spider-Man.  I personally can't wait for this figure, but I'm hoping it won't be too tough to find.  We've got a fair amount of the previous waves sitting about last time I checked.  I don't think this Spidey was found at retail yet, but at a comic shop, but they shouldn't be too far off now.  I've been back and forth on picking up any of the previous figures.  They do look nice, and are a decent price for what they are, but I don't have the space for them right now.  It would more be for the future to have a nice display cabinet set up with "Marvel's finest" :).  I have been tempted to get a few of them though.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2215 on: November 13, 2006, 02:53 PM »
I had some decent luck with SMC this weekend.  I picked up the "House of M" Spider-Man at WM.  It now has a "light up eyes" feature, with red eyes.  I don't remember that happening ;).  Also, I was able to pick up Electro and Toxin at our local TRU - so I think I'm caught up (or I guess, finished up) with Spider-Man Classics now.  Now we wait and see what the "Origins" line brings beyond the first couple repaint waves.  Still no sign of ML 15 in town, but I did see some of 14 at both TRU and Target.

Oh yeah, well my Electro doesn't have a lame action feature :P  (ok, just justifying my purchase of the box set ;)

I saw the Icons Venom at our TRU last week, didn't really note to much about it, just that it was there, so maybe I missed the Spiderman?  I don't want to venture into that scale no matter how nice it looks.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2216 on: November 13, 2006, 02:56 PM »
Oh yeah, well my Electro doesn't have a lame action feature   (ok, just justifying my purchase of the box set )

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have that box set version as well :).  This Electro figure isn't too bad, but the arms kind of suck, as has been discussed online already.  I just thought this was an easier (cheaper) way for me to add an Electro to the collection, and I guess since it will just be sitting on the shelf it will be ok.  I'd rather have the S6 version as well.

As far as the Icons, I believe that the Spidey is in Series 3 - and packed with Beast.  Series 1 is Cap/Iron Man/Wolverine, with Series 2 being Hulk and Venom.  Its funny, when I have looked at these at various stores I have rarely - if ever - seen the "masked" versions of the Series 1 figures.  Its always the other ones.  I think I saw a masked Wolverine at KB Toys once, but that was the only one.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2217 on: November 13, 2006, 03:23 PM »
I have Cap and he is one awesome toy...one of my favorites of the year

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2218 on: November 13, 2006, 03:31 PM »
I have Cap and he is one awesome toy...one of my favorites of the year

But you're a Cap freak.  BTW, is the series 8 Cap bigger than the other Cap figures released (series 1 and the face off packs)?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2219 on: November 13, 2006, 03:38 PM »
No, Series 8 is probably the smallest, if I had to rank the three I'd go:

Face-Off
Series 1
Series 8 (His head is screwy proportion wise)