Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 414639 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2325 on: January 7, 2007, 10:04 AM »
Picked up Hercules today.  I thought Planet Hulk has a silver left arm.   ???

I think the silver arm version is a "variant". Sadly that is the actual version i wanted. I am curious is to how Hasbro is packing these. I think i read somewhere that the 2 Iron Man figures were one of each in the case, perhaps its the same with the hulk.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2326 on: January 7, 2007, 11:48 AM »
I saw them put out a case yesterday and the 2 Hulks both had green arms.  I didn't know there was an IM variant so I didn't look :-[

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2327 on: January 7, 2007, 01:14 PM »
I saw them put out a case yesterday and the 2 Hulks both had green arms.  I didn't know there was an IM variant so I didn't look :-[

On Iron Man one has his mask on the other is unmasked.  Forgot which is the variant but that's the difference.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2328 on: January 7, 2007, 02:59 PM »
Updated collection pics (as of today)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2329 on: January 9, 2007, 04:06 PM »
So, for those of you who have found/picked up any of Hasbro's Marvel stuff, what do you think so far?  Obviously, some of the stuff was pretty much done by ToyBiz (Spidey repaints in particular), and it might be a little early on some of the stuff so far.  For me, I've picked up Iron Spidey, Spidey 2099, and Hercules.  I really like the Iron Spidey, basically the one new figure in the Spider-Man Origins line.  Also, with basically that whole assortment having a metallic-ish finish, it actually works for this figure due to the costume.  Spidey 2099 isn't too great articulation wise, as has been well discussed online, but I guess I'm happy to have it.  I can't say it is amazing though.

As far as Hasbro ML, I really like Hercules.  I can't speak for the others in the first wave (not interested), but this figure at least I think is pretty well done.  It seems quite study, the sculpt and paint I think is good, and I like the figure quite a bit overall.  I'm looking forward moreso to Wave 2 (She-Hulk, Yellowjacket, and Quicksilver for me), and it will be interesting to see how they end up.  The pictures online have been at opposite ends of the spectrum, depending on lighting it seems.  Just curious what everyone else thinks of Hasbro's stuff so far.

By the way, great collection pics Scott - looks very nice.  It reminds me of several past Legends I still would like to pick up eventually, if possible. :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2330 on: January 9, 2007, 11:07 PM »
I have Spidey 2099, X3 Beast, and the Chain Attack Ghost Rider. I'm actually very impressed with Hasbro's work here. Yes, the paint isn't quite as pretty as many TB figures, but I didn't have a single stuck or loose joint on any of these figures, and that's a huge plus to me.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2331 on: January 10, 2007, 12:39 AM »
Haven't seen them yet, so I can't comment Brian.  Ask again in March ;)

Scott, third picture, behind Kang, beside Electro, in front of Lizard.  Is that Absorbing Man and if it is, what version?

Oh, is anyone seeing the Spiderman from the Sentinel series around?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2332 on: January 10, 2007, 06:59 AM »
Haven't seen them yet, so I can't comment Brian.  Ask again in March ;)

Scott, third picture, behind Kang, beside Electro, in front of Lizard.  Is that Absorbing Man and if it is, what version?

Oh, is anyone seeing the Spiderman from the Sentinel series around?

I am not Scott, but yes I do believe that, that is Absorbing Man.

I might have a spare Spider-Man from the Sentinel series. It would be loose and the Sentinel part is already in use, do you want the figure?
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2333 on: January 10, 2007, 08:12 AM »
I think I still have the Sentinal Spidey lying around, Brent.  Never removed from the package, just his Sentinal piece was.  I can throw it in the box of crap I'll be sending you shortly if you want it.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2334 on: January 10, 2007, 10:11 AM »

It looks like the 90's version from the Hulk line to me. I have the Hulk Classics one and it doesn't look like that.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2335 on: January 10, 2007, 12:03 PM »
Yeah Dan, that's what I'm wondering because it's not the same as mine.  It looked the same, but different.

As for the spidey's, I appreciate the offers, but I'm after the sentinel piece as well.  I want another spidey like that because I like it pretty well and someday I hope to set up some dioramas with him and the villains so I'd need more than one, but I'm pretty close to a second sentinel as well since I picked up another Mystique the other day (my daughter absconded with one and the second one was only $2,50).  I have Sentinel pieces that are spare from Mystique, Angel variant, Cyclops variant so I'm getting closer than I expected. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2336 on: January 10, 2007, 01:11 PM »
If anyone is interested, I saw the first wave of Hasbro's Icons figures at Target today (3x Thor, 1x Wolverine repaint).  The Thor looked pretty spiffy, and the packaging is nice too.  I was tempted to get more than the Spidey from this line, but I just don't have the room.  Plus, I never did see a masked Cap, and I wouldn't feel complete without that one anyways :).  Also, our Target had restocked the Legends figures as well, so hopefully these won't be as difficult to pick up as some of the ToyBiz waves were.  In fact, pretty much all the Marvel stuff was stocked in full.  I saw a couple of Luke Cages in the clearance aisle for $1.98 each too, so they're really blowing out old stock.  I'm pretty sure that is all they have there, aside from a Longshot or two.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2337 on: January 11, 2007, 03:25 AM »
I saw the new Icons at WM tonight when I was there looking for Iron Spidey, which I also found.

Has anyone seen that 12" Ghost Rider w/ Flame Cycle yet?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2338 on: January 11, 2007, 05:08 PM »
Yeah, that is Absorbing Man from the Hulk line of the 90's.  One of the few 90's figures that was actually 6" scale.

I've been thinking and thinking the last few days and the only dang thing that I really really want before this line dies a pretty obvious oncoming death is this guy:

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2339 on: January 12, 2007, 09:34 AM »
I've been giving some thought too with what is left to do (that I would want) for this line.  Like I've said before, I'm really at a point where I need to cut back on collecting spending - and its surprising even with the basic Star Wars line how much that adds up throughout a year (as I found out with the Collector's Challenge).  The next wave of Hasbro Legends knocks off some big ones for me with She-Hulk, Quicksilver, and Yellowjacket - but beyond that I don't know.  There are several that I'd like to see (Black Bolt/Inhumans, Tigra, Cloak and Dagger to name a few), and some I'd have on wishlists but we'd likely never see (Spidey supporting cast - MJ, Aunt May, Gwen, JJJ, etc.).  Its really getting close to covering about everything at this point, and I wonder where this line will go from here.  I think Hasbro might have primarily bought the license for the movie properties, and those will get the most attention this year with Ghost Rider, Spidey 3, and F4 - I'm curious what is left for the Legends line.