Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 409649 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2490 on: February 21, 2007, 04:38 PM »
Why can't anyone say "I'm just collecting movie figures, Thors and Ultimate characters" and offer those pieces up?  >:(

;)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2491 on: February 22, 2007, 08:14 AM »
Well ... I just do X-men related characters (but non-movie).

Now if I can find quicksilver...

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2492 on: February 22, 2007, 09:35 AM »
Has wave 2 started hitting?
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2493 on: February 22, 2007, 10:26 AM »
Has wave 2 started hitting?
I believe Wave 2 is an April release

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2494 on: February 22, 2007, 12:47 PM »
I heard April as well.  Anyone know what the variants for wave 2 will look like?  Sounds like there is a quicksilver one and a yellowjacket one this time around, so I have to get 6 figs to get all the Avengers.. :-\  I heard about a movie phoenix variant as well, but have no idea what the difference will be - probably just a head sculpt. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2495 on: February 22, 2007, 12:58 PM »
Wizard has pics up of the variants for HML Series 2 (Quicksilver, Yellowjacket, X3 Jean Grey/Phoenix):

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/toyfare/003480683.cfm
Here you go Justin

Wave 2 Variants
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 12:58 PM by OCB »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2496 on: February 22, 2007, 01:20 PM »
Wizard has pics up of the variants for HML Series 2 (Quicksilver, Yellowjacket, X3 Jean Grey/Phoenix):

Here you go Justin

Wave 2 Variants

Thanks man!  Quicksilver variant looks pretty cool - I might pass on the others.  What's the difference between these and te reg versions?  YJ is slightly gold versus blaring yellow?  That's cheap.  And what's with the Jean variant?  Apparently she comes in regular and hungover versions.  This is a far cry from what Toybiz was putting out there AND they're $2 more!   >:(
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2497 on: February 23, 2007, 12:56 AM »
Ugh, that Phoenix figure is bad.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2498 on: February 23, 2007, 12:14 PM »
Portions of HML 3 shown at NY Comic Con, pics courtesy of TNI/MarvelousNews.  It sounds like they will be uploading more pics, but you can get a look at:

Astonishing X-Men Cyclops
Black Knight
Danger
Marvel Girl - Rachel Grey
Brood Queen

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2499 on: February 23, 2007, 12:39 PM »
Portions of HML 3 shown at NY Comic Con, pics courtesy of TNI/MarvelousNews.  It sounds like they will be uploading more pics, but you can get a look at:

Astonishing X-Men Cyclops
Black Knight
Danger
Marvel Girl - Rachel Grey
Brood Queen

Marvel Girl - looks awesome.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2500 on: February 23, 2007, 12:43 PM »
Meh.  Not that impressed.  I don't care for different costumes of previously released characters (see AXM Cyclops) and have no idea who the **** Danger is, so she and/or it is a pass.  I'd rather have Rachel in her all red with the tatooed face outfit, but will grab her just to have her in the collection.  Black Knight is a must for the Avengers, so he's a definite buy.  Luckily, I don't really need to get the Queen Brood like I do for Blob or did for any of the previous BAF like MODOK and Mojo, so buying crap figures just to get a larger figure is gone for this wave (still need Hulk's and IM Annihilus' pieces, can't bring myself to buy them).

Hasbro really is making it easy to stop collecting these.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2501 on: February 23, 2007, 01:09 PM »
Portions of HML 3 shown at NY Comic Con, pics courtesy of TNI/MarvelousNews. 

Thanks for the tip.  Black Knight looks okay, but they could have done much better.  Not even a removable Helmet?  Bah.  I picked up a BK custom off the internet a year or so ago that is 10x better - feeling more smart about that buy every day.  It was $100, but it also came with his winged horse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2502 on: February 23, 2007, 01:13 PM »
I'd ask for your Brood pieces, but it sounds like we'll be buying the same stuff Mikey.  

I'm no fan of the multiple X figures and I have the regular and chase Cyclops figures already, so I hardly need more.  Probably the part that should make Hasbro sit up and take notice is I am a big fan of the X-men/X-Factor/X-calibur comics and really enjoy those characters, much more so than I do with the Avengers.  But I'll happily buy a new character in Black Knight or Marvel Girl than going to get yet another Cyclops/Wolverine/Iceman.  The line is too X-heavy and I do get it, but geez, I have:

3 Angel figures - blue, red and the Apocalypse version
2 Cyclops figures - regular and chase
8756 Wolverine figures, a couple only because Scott sent them too me anyway >:( and a couple because I needed the BAF parts >:(
2 Phoenix figures, red and green  and they even re-released the green figure
2 Beast figures, one with labcoat, one without
2 Magneto figures, one with an open mouth, one closed ::)

Ease up boys.  I know the X-men are important and popular but there is such a thing as overkill.  Oh, and what's up with Thor these days.  Yeah, I understood a second release because the first was before the line really caught fire, but going Thor-Beta Ray Bill - gap - Thor really isn't that sharp in pretty much successive series.  

Here's a recipe for you:
One X figure per wave
One Avenger per wave
Two villains per wave
One supporting character per wave (Mary Jane, Jeeves, Rick whateverhisnameis)
One spidey based character per wave (yeah, he has his own wave, but you've gone action featury on us)

Six figures that are going to appeal to a variety of collectors.  You'll still have an X presence but you aren't going for that overkill thing.  Villains are always popular, the Avengers are always in rotation, so it's a never ending supply of characters/costumes.  Supporting characters aren't going to sell spectacularly well (maybe) but hey, packing them at two per case will work.  Spidey will sell too.  

See?  It's not that hard.

Oh, why does Marvel Girl look so well done when Emma Frost looked like Mary Kate Olsen on a bad day?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2503 on: February 23, 2007, 01:29 PM »
I don't mind the X-Factor...considering all I do is X-related pieces. .. .

Sorry guys...

But please... get them right !!!
Hmmm anyone got an extra Phoenix  ?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2504 on: February 23, 2007, 04:36 PM »
I agree with what Brent is mentioning in regards to how to set up the waves of figures.  With the Spider-Man line switching to 5" and movie/video game likenesses, just incorporate the villains (Chameleon, Hammerhead, etc.) and supporting characters (MJ, Aunt May, etc.) into the Legends line - little by little.  I know we'll see some complaining if there is too much of that too, but more balanced waves would be good with me too.

With what we've seen of Wave 3 here, I think the figures themselves look pretty nice - but the lineup just isn't that exciting.  Granted, we're not seeing all of the rumored lineup - at least not so far - with 1st App. Cap, Bucky, and X3 Colossus missing (is that right?).  That makes some difference.  Of what we're shown here, I'll probably pick up the Astonishing Cyclops, because I like that version, and possibly Black Knight.  The Marvel Girl looks like a pretty nice figure, but I don't know if I'll pick it up or not.  I read the "Danger" arc in Astonishing, but still could pretty much care less about the character.  If the rest of the rumors for this wave pan out, I'll probably be picking up 3 of the figures or so.

Again, I don't think the quality is necessarily terrible, just the character/lineup makeup is kind of boring to me.  I guess so much was done in ToyBiz's 15 waves (plus Face Offs, box sets, etc.) there really isn't a whole lot left to do that isn't getting way down the list in minor characters or variations of characters.  Like Mikey said, I'm not necessarily all that excited for the same characters in different outfits ("but she has a new hat!"), so that is part of it too.  The list of characters I'd like to see is shorter and shorter now, so maybe it will be time to wrap things up eventually.  That said, I'm still curious to see if these rumored F4 and Spidey BAF waves pan out, because I'd like to see some all new comic versions of the 4, Doom, Mary Jane (if possible), Mole Man, Namor, etc.  I wish we'd get more word on those rumors.  Anyways, nice to see some new stuff, but a bit of a "meh" to me, just because of the character selection shown.