Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 414683 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3045 on: February 1, 2008, 03:38 PM »
Thats crazy that hasbro would use a custom for their promo pics.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3046 on: February 1, 2008, 04:10 PM »
I saw this pic on the Fwoosh forums, which is apparently from a Hasbro guide that was given out at UK Toy Fair.  It shows the rest of the Hulk wave, including a She Hulk, Absorbing Man, Wendigo, a Hulk (End), and the Fing Fang Foom BAF.  Not the greatest picture in the world, but I'm sure we'll see these at Toy Fair in a couple weeks as well.

EDIT: I see later in that Fwoosh thread, it is said that the Foom pictured in the guide is actually someone else's custom that Hasbro must have used.  I don't know, just what I'm reading :).

is it me or does the Wendigo in the picture look alot like the White version of Sasquach from the Toy Biz marvel Legends line w/a Tail.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3047 on: February 1, 2008, 04:47 PM »
Yup, it does.  That's why I have no need of it.  In fact I have to get rid of the Sasquatch figure I have since I found and bought the white version/variant afterwards.  No BAF for me on this one. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3048 on: February 2, 2008, 02:05 PM »
Does anyone have extra parts of the Brood Queen?

I have the pieces that come with Rachel Summers & Hydra Soldier, but I need the rest to complete her.

Thanks
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3049 on: February 2, 2008, 03:54 PM »
I have the Black Knight part.  Just pay for shipping and they're yours.  Scott hooked me up with some Brood pieces but I already had the BK pieces.  He didn't charge me for them, so I'm not going to charge for them on my end.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3050 on: February 2, 2008, 04:52 PM »
I actually want the Black Knight and kinda want Bucky too, but they didn't come in the case my dealer got.  So I have most of the Queen save those two pieces.  I'm still planning on buying those two, but they've been hard to come by. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3051 on: February 3, 2008, 02:57 PM »
W3 is starting to show up all over the twin cities.  Saw all of them including variants at WM and Target over the past few days.  I will likely have a spare marvel girl and possibly a hydra solder brood piece if anyone needs them.

Brent - if you need me to grab a knight and bucky and ship up to you, let me know.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3052 on: February 4, 2008, 10:15 AM »
There are a few more Iron Man movie figure pics posted on the Fwoosh forums, at least for now.  Apparently someone figured out how to get the rest of the figures to display at Hasbro's site.  There is a version of Titanium Man shown (likely from the video game), Silver Centurion, and others.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3053 on: February 4, 2008, 10:26 AM »
Meh.  Nice toys for kids, but too many shooty thingies for me.  Cool to see the toys in advance and a sneaky way to get in on them, so I imagine they'll disappear shortly. I've a couple Iron Man figs around and I think I still have a War Machine which is probably nicer than that anyway. 

I'm guessing we'll see these up here.  I know it's a constant and annoying lament, but we see so little these days other than movie figures it's rather aggravating. I doubt we'll see the Hulk Classics which isn't an issue other than we won't see them. Thank the Hulk movie toy glut for that.  Same with the Fantastic Four movie.  Only spidey has survived that intact, but it looks like they're dumping the US stock of 5" Spidey figures on Walmart cheap because they did a rather substantial restock of those figs.  They'll sell, but it's a pain because they eat up useful retail space. 

We so need Target up here. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3054 on: February 4, 2008, 10:42 AM »
Meh.  Nice toys for kids, but too many shooty thingies for me.  Cool to see the toys in advance and a sneaky way to get in on them, so I imagine they'll disappear shortly. I've a couple Iron Man figs around and I think I still have a War Machine which is probably nicer than that anyway.

Yeah, they do look action feature-tastic, but for the most part it looks like things are removable (from what I've seen/read), so that should be good.  I don't know if I'll get much of these either, but I know I'll probably pick up at least the "Mark 3" Iron Man.  The only Iron Man figure I have is the Face Off one, and I'd kind of like to have a "shiny" one (which is also fairly similar to what he looks like in the comics currently).  The others, we'll see.  They don't look too bad overall though, aside from the shooty thingies.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3055 on: February 4, 2008, 12:03 PM »
That doesnt look like any Titanium Man i have ever seen. I wish it was more comic accurate.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3056 on: February 4, 2008, 02:43 PM »
WM now has the FF Legends Line on clearance.  Saw the Torch over the weekend for $5, but passed on him.  Never did get my invisible woman.  >:(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3057 on: February 7, 2008, 11:04 AM »
Someone over at TNI just posted some Target DPCI numbers for Marvel products. Looks like the Hulk figures will be a little expensive

Hulk Legends: DPCI 087 06 2037 $14.99
Marvel Legends 2-pack figure: DPCI 087 06 2007
Marvel Super Hero Theme 4PK:  DPCI 087 06 2020
Spiderman Venom Saga Villains: 087 06 1898
Spiderman Animated Action Figures: 087 06 1900
Spiderman Classic Action Fig: 087 06 1899
Spiderman Premium Series Fig: 087 06 1911
Spiderman Wallcrawler: 087 06 2045

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3058 on: February 7, 2008, 11:11 AM »
Wow, thanks for the info evenflow.  I don't know if I'll get any of this wave anyways, but $14.99 - yikes!  Hopefully its just because the figures in this wave is larger (as mentioned in that TNI thread), but if for some reason all Legends stuff is raised to this price (or even the $13 range) - I think I'm out.

I can still remember picking up some Legends figures (I think Series 4 Beast and Series 5 Colossus) for $6.88-$6.99.  That seems so long ago now.  If Legends goes to $15, then Star Wars will probably go closer to $10, and so on.  Of course, this is probably either an error - a Target price-gouge, or a one-time deal for a "larger" wave.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3059 on: February 7, 2008, 02:47 PM »
I am thinking its becuase of the larger figures. I cannot see them going that high with the prices especially if the DC CLassics stay at the 10.00 range with larger BAF and only needing to complete them. That will destroy Legends.