Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 409673 times)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3165 on: April 20, 2008, 01:45 PM »
The Sunfire is up for preorder at HTS, dont forget to use the GETOUT20 code.

Sunfire

Ordered 2 of them...

Speaking of being sucked back in...

NYCC Mrvel Legends

Is it me, or does this sculpt look like "The Rock"?

I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3166 on: April 20, 2008, 01:59 PM »
Its you.  ;D
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3167 on: April 21, 2008, 09:20 AM »
Nice to see some new stuff from the Legends line this weekend, and what was there looked pretty good.  This line still seems...different to me now.  No real "regular" waves this year, with WM and Target each having their own exclusive wave, and the Hulk wave(s) costing $14.99 each.  The two packs don't look bad either.  There's still a few things that I'd like to pick up, but with the character selection dwindling (and a fairly big break in Legends coming up), it looks like I'll be spending more on the DC stuff this year.  Here's what I'm hoping to pick up, if/when it is released:

Hulk Wave(s)
Absorbing Man

Target Exclusive Wave
Black Costume Spider-Man
Adam Warlock

Wal-Mart Exclusive Wave
Black Bolt
Tigra

Marvel Legends 2-Packs
Ronin/Elektra
Nick Fury/Hand Ninja
Skrull/Kree

Still plenty there I guess, but its just to the point where most of my favorites have already been made pretty well.  It looks like some decent stuff coming up though, so that's good.  I think DCUC has a bit of an advantage now since they are just starting to dig in to their universe, and Marvel's been tapped pretty well already.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3168 on: April 22, 2008, 04:21 PM »
I know this belongs in the SuperHeroSquad thread, but it looks like this line is getting a comic Mary Jane before Marvel Legends:

Linky

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3169 on: April 22, 2008, 10:20 PM »
I know this belongs in the SuperHeroSquad thread, but it looks like this line is getting a comic Mary Jane before Marvel Legends:

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3170 on: April 23, 2008, 09:20 PM »
I wonder if I should get comics or movies Spidey figures. I'm leaning toward comics, because it has Carnage. Though, I like the movie Venom & Black Spidey more. The stumpy head on the comic Venom is weird.

When are those coming out?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 09:33 PM by Artoo »
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3171 on: April 24, 2008, 10:22 AM »
MarvelousNews has carded and loose pics up of the upcoming Hulk wave(s).  I don't know, but I can't find myself very interested in any of these figures outside of maybe the Absorbing Man - especially at the $14.99 pricepoint that these waves are supposed to have.  It would be cool to have FFF, but I don't really care about these lineups enough to pick them up.  Its probably some great waves for bigger Hulk fans though, which is nice.

On a side note, I believe these are supposed to be the next "new" Legends stuff on the pegs, and they are slated for August/September - that's a long time without anything new in that line.  I know our local Target just has the same lone Quicksilver they've had for the past few months - I'm surprised they even keep a section for them, that's going to be quite a lull for this line.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3172 on: April 24, 2008, 01:54 PM »
Man...I'm just not sure about that wave.  They all look good, but frankly my interest in the Hulk is minimal.  Which of course raises a dilemma, as I really want that Fin Fang Foom.  :^\  I just don't know if I want to plop down $120 for it.

I guess my Superhero Squad version will do for now.  :P

John

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3173 on: April 26, 2008, 05:52 PM »
Stopped by Target yesterday and picked up a movie Mark 01 Iron Man. I'm glad they reverted to the 6 inch scale for the movie lines, they fit in well with my ML collection.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3174 on: May 7, 2008, 02:54 PM »
Not sure where to put this, but I saw the Hulk movie toys today.  Bump'n'go comments aside, the figures for this don't look that great.  Not that bad either, but they're clearly a smaller scale, though perhaps unintentionally so.  Hulk hands are back too, but didn't see any feet.  Thankfully there's not much of this stuff out there. 

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3175 on: May 7, 2008, 03:28 PM »
I'm glad they reverted to the 6 inch scale for the movie lines, they fit in well with my ML collection.

I think they look great with the Legends as well but I'm a little disappointed in the proportion of Mark I Iron Man.  Seems he's a bit small, especially when you consider his head size compared to the others.  Good looking figure though.

I saw the Hulk movie toys today.

I don't care for the Hulk line at all.  I agree that they're far too small and just don't look that good overall.  Abomination is OK, but I'd rather just spend $10 for a far superior Toy Biz version.  I imagine they probably focused less on the movie line knowing that the far superior Hulk Legends series will follow in a couple of months.

John

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3176 on: May 7, 2008, 03:43 PM »
I noticed our local Target had the Hulk movie stuff out today as well (although no Dark Knight stuff, for some reason).  I noticed, after stopping by our local Target after seeing Iron Man on Saturday there was a good amount of IM figures on the endcap.  I went back today, and there wasn't a single Iron Man figure in the entire store.  I guess it just took for the movie to be released :).  I haven't looked all that closely at the Hulk stuff.  Wasn't Target supposed to have an exclusive version that is more "in scale" with the other 6" stuff (instead of the smaller IH line)?  I also noticed that our store had the first wave of the Marvel Mighty Muggs, which I have to admit are kind of neat.  I have the Spidey one myself, and the others are kind of tempting (if they weren't so big - display space is minimal now).  I see that HTS has a bunch of those up for order/preorder, including Cap, Doom, IM, Thing, and others.

EDIT: I was just over at HTS and noticed that they have the first couple two packs up for preorder (shipping 8/14).  This includes the Ronin/Elektra and Ult. Cap/Ult. Fury packs.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2008, 04:12 PM by Brian »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3177 on: May 7, 2008, 04:23 PM »
Thanks for letting us know about the two packs Brian. As usual, I'm torn on these. I want Ronin, but have two Elektra figures already.  Pretty sure I can pass on the Cap/Fury pack though. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3178 on: May 7, 2008, 09:25 PM »
Thanks for letting us know about the two packs Brian. As usual, I'm torn on these. I want Ronin, but have two Elektra figures already.  Pretty sure I can pass on the Cap/Fury pack though. 

Are these exclusives or wil the two packs be available at retail?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3179 on: May 8, 2008, 09:19 AM »

Are these exclusives or wil the two packs be available at retail?

I believe that these are going to be available at Retail. Not sure if they are going to be a retail exclusive (Wal-Mart) like the Cable/Marvel Girl and Cannonball/Domino sets were.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!