Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 409640 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3195 on: May 19, 2008, 01:27 PM »
That is Stature from the Young Avengers AKA Cassie Lange (Scott Lang's daughter).  She's inherited his size changing ability, so I wanted a Giant Man sized version of her.

The whole figure is a FF Jessica Alba, not just the head.  I had a customizer from Fwoosh make it for me way back when the Young Avengers box set came out.  That set only included Hulking, Super Patriot, Wiccan, and Iron Lad (who was in what, 3 issues?), so I wanted to add Cassie and Kate to round out the team.  Vision is part of the team as well, though he's not very different from the original.  Wiccan's brother Speed joined the team later on as well, but it was near the end of the series, so I've let him go...for now. 

The guy who made my Kate Bishop, Tigra, and Mockingbird is also making me a Crystal and Sersei, which should just about finish up my Avengers squad.  I also had a spare Epic Force Leia and a Mystique sitting around, so I'm seeing what he can do for a Slave Leia as well. The only remaining figs I'd probably add to this group down the road are Quasar (90's male version) and maybe the old school Swordsman. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3196 on: May 19, 2008, 10:25 PM »
For those of you that have been waiting, Target has their Iron Man figures on sale for $7.99.  :)

John

None of my Targets have Iron Man figures.

You mean they're sold out or they have no pegs for Iron Man? :P

Sold out.
I remember my dream now.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3197 on: May 20, 2008, 12:44 AM »
No pegs.  My Target store pulled the end cap and the figures, those that were left anyway, disappeared into the back.

I'm thinking that Target must be do for a new aisle reset about the end of this month and that they'll come back then when room is made for them in the regular aisle.  I'm expecting Batman figures then also.  Although they made room for Indy and the Hulk they didn't touch the rest of the aisle or any other section.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3198 on: May 20, 2008, 08:15 AM »
A lot of the Targets near me just went through a reset and I don't see a spot for Iron Man in the main aisle.  I don't think they planned on it selling this well, which is retarded because my kids could have predicted Iron Man would be more popular than Speed Racer (which still has two displays and a main aisle location)  >:(  Even better - Iron Man is on sale this week @ $7.99/figure.  Way to go guys.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3199 on: May 20, 2008, 09:28 AM »
Yeah, there hasn't been any basic Iron Man figures at our local Target for awhile either.  They've got the Superhero Squad packs (well, one of them), and the role play stuff, but that's about it.  Actually, I think Iron Man stuff is selling the best out of the "movie" stuff out there right now.  Indy's doing ok too, but Iron Man is pretty picked over at every store I've been too.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3200 on: May 20, 2008, 11:59 AM »
Iron Man seems to have sold through at both Target and TRU by me.  I'm only seeing it now at WalMart, KayBee & Kohls now.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3201 on: May 28, 2008, 04:09 PM »
I don't know if anyone here is on the lookout for these, but I noticed that one of our Wal-Marts in town had the newest wave of Marvel Mighty Muggs.  I believe I saw Doom, Hulk, Cap, and Thing - but I didn't look real closely.

As far as the movie stuff, Iron Man still seems to be selling well around here.  Target is usually sold out of basic figures, and TRU usually just has a couple figures.  The Hulk stuff seems to be sitting everywhere, but I have to admit I haven't looked closely at any of it.  The pegs seem to be just as full as they were when they first showed up though.  Wasn't Target supposed to get an exclusive "Legends-scaled" movie Hulk at some point?  I haven't seen that at our store that I know of, but I thought I remembered seeing that at Toy Fair or something.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3202 on: May 28, 2008, 05:18 PM »
One fo the Targets up here in MN had a single packed Hulk figure that looks different then all the other Hulks.

It was going fo $12.99. I passed on it, but it looks cool so I might grab one to sit on till the movie comes out to decided if I want to add it to my movie collection of Marvel figures.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3203 on: May 28, 2008, 07:31 PM »
I want to pick that one up. Its Series 1 ML Hulk with a new head.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3204 on: June 3, 2008, 10:06 AM »
I picked up that Target exclusive Hulk last week, since its the closest thing to a 6" scaled "movie" Hulk in the line this year.  I sort of like to grab the nicely done hero figures from the movies, so he's standing alongside Spidey, Iron Man, Human Torch, Batman etc.

I saw this at CBR, a Peter Parker exclusive (Previews/SDCC) Mighty Mugg.  Kind of dig the "half Spidey" face.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3205 on: June 3, 2008, 12:17 PM »
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3206 on: June 3, 2008, 03:01 PM »
I don't know if anyone here is on the lookout for these, but I noticed that one of our Wal-Marts in town had the newest wave of Marvel Mighty Muggs.  I believe I saw Doom, Hulk, Cap, and Thing - but I didn't look real closely.

Just as an update to these, I have seen this wave at a couple Targets in town now as well.  Although I've only picked up the Spider-Man one so far, some of these other ones are sort of tempting at times.  Something about them, but the Marvel ones just seem a little niftier than some of the Star Wars ones.  Either way, someone is buying these, because both lines sell through pretty quickly around here.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3207 on: June 3, 2008, 04:42 PM »
I agree, the Marvel Muggs translate much better than the SW Muggs for the most part.  I always thought the SW Muggs just looked downright awful with the exception of maybe Boba/Jango and the Stormtrooper.  The Marvels all look pretty good, with the exception of Dr. Doom.

And speaking of the second wave, I'm seeing those frequently as well. 

John

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3208 on: June 16, 2008, 08:39 PM »
Hasbro's opened up their Q&A for Marvel again, the first batch of which is due early on 6/23.  I hope you'll all consider coming to ToyTraderz and submitting your questions.  :)

John

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3209 on: June 16, 2008, 08:46 PM »
Glad to hear they are finally doing the MArvel Q&A. I am sure they wont answer anything big until after SDCC though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"