Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 409689 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3285 on: August 27, 2008, 08:45 PM »
I actually liked the earlier Elektra figure to the point of having both the red and white costumes :-\  That's what prevented me from ordering the two pack.  I'd like to add the Ronin figure, but a third Elektra?  Not so much. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3286 on: September 6, 2008, 10:29 PM »
How much are the Target MLs? I want to pick up Spidey & maybe Wolverine.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3287 on: September 7, 2008, 12:54 AM »
How much are the Target MLs? I want to pick up Spidey & maybe Wolverine.

Well, the Hulk Legends wave is $14.99 in Minneapolis.   ::)  I actually just watched ebay auctions and landed a She-hulk for less than that including shipping. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3288 on: September 7, 2008, 10:09 PM »
Really? Wow.

Not a good way to start out my collection.  :-\
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3289 on: September 9, 2008, 10:02 AM »
I found the latest "Spider-Man" (Classics/Heroes/whatever its called) at Wal-Mart this weekend.  This wave contains a repacked Goblin (Ramos version), Venom, Iron Spidey, and the reappearance of the McFarlane/Campbell Spider-Man.  I don't know if anyone is on the lookout for any of these or not, but they're out there.  I grabbed the new McFarlane Spidey, since I always liked that figure and sort of wanted another, and they seem to be quite pricey on ebay.  This one has more of a red/black scheme than the previous version, but its still nicely done.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3290 on: September 12, 2008, 01:37 PM »
I saw the Red Hulk wave on the pegs at a local Target today.  Both Spirals were gone, but they had one each of every other figure and both Wolverine variants.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3291 on: September 12, 2008, 02:17 PM »
Hit up several targets a few times this week, still no sign of the wave. People over at fwoosh are reporting they have bumped the price up to 14.99 for all ML at target.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3292 on: September 12, 2008, 02:42 PM »
We just got the two-packs up here but the price  :o  $29.99.  I'll take my chances on them coming back in stock at HTS or finding them myself in the States. 

The price bump puts you right where we are at for the figs in Canada (hence the doubled price for a two pack) and that's too painful.  I know Mikey has the Shulkie for me, but I need a Spiral too because we aren't seeing any of these newer waves up here.  We saw wave 2 and both that wave and the first are still littering the pegs at $10 a pop. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3293 on: September 12, 2008, 02:48 PM »
I've been checking our Targets for the Red Hulk wave as well, but all the pegs have been empty for awhile now.  The Hulk wave pegs are listed at $14.99, but there's one "normal" ML peg that is still at the $9.99 price (last time I checked).  Hopefully this wave won't be too tough to find eventually, I'd really like to get the Black Spidey figure - and possibly the Wolverine too, we'll see.  Not sure about the rest though.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3294 on: September 12, 2008, 04:32 PM »
I saw the Target ML wave this morning and they were $14.99.  Obscene.  They had the Wolverine variant but no Union Jack.  Not sure if that's a case assortment or just what they happened to put out that morning.  Good looking line, actually.  I really dig the Spiral and yellow Wolverine and I think the Red Hulk will look good completely assembled.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3295 on: September 13, 2008, 01:52 PM »
Hit up several targets a few times this week, still no sign of the wave. People over at fwoosh are reporting they have bumped the price up to 14.99 for all ML at target.

I saw the Target ML wave this morning and they were $14.99.  Obscene.  They had the Wolverine variant but no Union Jack.  Not sure if that's a case assortment or just what they happened to put out that morning.  Good looking line, actually.  I really dig the Spiral and yellow Wolverine and I think the Red Hulk will look good completely assembled.

I'm surprised people are shocked at the $15 price point.  All of the Targets in Minneapolis have the Hulk Legends figs at $14.99, so not sure why Legends would be any less.  Do other Targets around the country have Hulk Legends for less?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3296 on: September 13, 2008, 08:27 PM »
I'm surprised people are shocked at the $15 price point.

I've never said the $14.99 price on Hulk Legends wasn't obscene, either.  :P  Of course there's not a line out there that isn't overpriced at the moment.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3297 on: September 16, 2008, 01:01 AM »
IMHO, the $15 price point is a bit tough to swallow.  And it's made it much easier for me to pass on a good deal of the Hasbro Marvel offerings.  Especially when you put that current price in the context of where the pricing was when Toy Biz was doing Marvel Legends.  You got an incredibly well articulated figure plus a comic for around $8 or $9.  A 40% price hike is not cool in my book.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3298 on: September 16, 2008, 07:33 AM »
A 40% price hike is not cool in my book.
Neither was the 100% price hike in oil ;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #3299 on: September 16, 2008, 09:22 AM »
For those of you who still collect this line, would the $14.99 price be the last straw (if it ends up being the price across the line)?  Like I said, around here it seems that only the Hulk Legends is at the higher price, but we haven't gotten the Red Hulk wave here yet so who knows.  It might be that the Hulk Legends was the "test" for that price (although I think they said it was due to the size of the figures, which seems silly) and we'll see more of this in the future.  I'd have to be even more selective than I already am at the $14.99 price, and maybe avoid them altogether.  Of course, the days of seeing single carded Legends is numbered the way it is, so maybe the 2 packs is a way for them to keep them at $10-ish a figure.  Like I've said before, I know I'll probably buy into the 3 3/4" Marvel Universe line next year, so those should still be below $10 (but probably just barely the way SW and Joes are priced).  I wonder if DCUC will see a price increase as well now.  With these prices, not to mention the space issues, its really hard to keep up on these lines anymore.