Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 415152 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #405 on: July 13, 2004, 09:19 AM »
Thanks for the lists so far everyone, I always enjoy seeing what everyone has picked up...anyone have some pictures of their set up?  I definitely have some catching up or expanding to do with my Marvel collection...I hope to pick up some more figures in the future, once I figure out the space/room situation.  Overall, are you guys happy with your collections...are there any figures you think about now that you don't really care for?  The Legends line seems to be of pretty high quality overall, but I know some people aren't fans of certain figures.  I've been seeing lots of Series 5 at Wal-Mart around here, and I've been thinking about picking up something from that wave.  I've got Colossus, have thought about Sabertooth or Silver Surfer, we'll see.

Also, Nicklab, I noticed that you are looking for the Urban Legends 4-pack, and just thought I'd let you know that Amazon has it in stock for $9.98, with free shipping.  Probably not too bad a deal if you are still looking for it.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #406 on: July 13, 2004, 12:30 PM »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #407 on: July 13, 2004, 12:30 PM »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #408 on: July 13, 2004, 01:54 PM »
Scott.  Red Goliath?  Also what is the shelving material that gives you different levels for display?  Same as you use for SW that was described a long time ago at RS?

Ben, glad you found one.  I found one, but at $14.99 I left it on the shelf :o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #409 on: July 13, 2004, 02:00 PM »
That's from the Avengers Box Set from 1996 1997 (so are some of those X-Men figures)  Same figure as the Legends version just painted Red

The shelves are called Expand-A-Shelf and they can be found in the Home Accessories section of the local Wal Mart

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #410 on: July 13, 2004, 02:04 PM »

Also, Nicklab, I noticed that you are looking for the Urban Legends 4-pack, and just thought I'd let you know that Amazon has it in stock for $9.98, with free shipping.  Probably not too bad a deal if you are still looking for it.

Thanks for the referral Mosnab.  Spuffy hit me with the same link.  Thanks to both of you!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #411 on: July 13, 2004, 02:06 PM »
I should note that those pics are old (last November) things have changed a little in my display

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #412 on: July 13, 2004, 02:08 PM »
Scott.  Red Goliath?  

Actually, that's when Henry Pym went by the name Giant Man.  I think Scott mentioned that it's from the Classic Covers Avengers box set.  The Goliath chase figure that came out with ML IV is actually inaccurate.  It's a repaint of the red Giant Man figure.  However, Goliath's costume didn't have antennae, and he also had some sort of gold covering over his eyes.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 02:10 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #413 on: July 13, 2004, 02:43 PM »
I sense a very serious comic fan in our midst ;)  Thanks for the additional info Nick.   :)

Scott, would the expand a shelf take a coating of paint (brush or spray)?  My shelves are all black and I'd like something consistent if I can.  The white will stand out big time.  

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #414 on: July 13, 2004, 04:15 PM »
Nahhh, I gave up being a serious comic collector a long time ago Brent.  I just have an uncanny memory.

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #415 on: July 13, 2004, 04:20 PM »
I don't think painting would work...it's pretty hard plastic so its not porous and probably wouldn't hold the paint

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #416 on: July 13, 2004, 04:24 PM »
I don't think painting would work...it's pretty hard plastic so its not porous and probably wouldn't hold the paint

Darn :-\  The search continues.  My shelves are 12" deep so I was hoping to get something that's actually the size of a 2x4 and then a 4x4 in terms of depth and height to give three levels to each shelf.  That should allow two rows of figures (3 3/4) with stands on each level, giving me six rows of figures.  I'd just use the boards in the sizes mentioned, but worry about the weight.  The shelves are anchored into studs, but still....

Very good memory Nick.  I used to have a good memory too :P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #417 on: July 13, 2004, 09:28 PM »
Then he got old.  :P

Feel free to send any Carnage or Venom figures you DON'T want to me, Bug. :-*

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #418 on: July 13, 2004, 09:36 PM »
Figures you'd show up :-*

I'll be unloading one of my venom figures, just undecided which it will be.  Have to wait until I pick up the boxed set.  

If anyone wants to part with a Black Cat figure from the S6 set, I'd be happy to buy it from you.  we just picked up the latest animated Spiderman movie and my daughter is absolutely enamored with the Black Cat.  I don't want her to steal mine :-\ :-[

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #419 on: July 13, 2004, 09:44 PM »
The day you start fighting your daughter for a doll is the day you may want to question your collecting habbits.

Maybe you could help me, Morgbug. I have a Venom figure and his "face" (aka symbiote) is coming off and you can see him underneith, and it appears that the costume is over taking him. He also has a hole in his left hand to hold what appears to be webbing, because its on his "web launching spot".

Any idea what one it is?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...