Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 414147 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #480 on: August 17, 2004, 12:05 AM »
The one box set I'm somewhat concerned about is the Fantastic Four chase set.  I'd really like that clear Invisible Woman, but I hope it's not too difficult to find.

Well I think it is supposed to be 1 in 4, so i think it will be tough considering toy stores probably will not be getting more than 1 or 2 cases of each set.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Marvel Legends
« Reply #481 on: August 17, 2004, 07:59 PM »
I think the FF chase set was a bad idea from the beginning.  Maybe if the cases were half and half it would make some sense.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #482 on: August 17, 2004, 10:09 PM »
I think the FF chase set was a bad idea from the beginning.  Maybe if the cases were half and half it would make some sense.

Even then, although better I would still be upset. I mean to dish out all that extra cash for another figure and be stuck with a bunch of duplicates. It just doesnt work for me, they really should offer the clear version as a mail away.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #483 on: August 17, 2004, 10:11 PM »
Toy Biz.

What a company. It's the new Mattel for the beleaguered collector.
(Not a compliment.)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #484 on: August 18, 2004, 10:39 AM »
Looks like Entertainment Earth has preorders up for the Fantastic Four movie figures (June, 2005 release date).  Seems a little early to have these up, but here's the casepacks as of now:

Series 1:

Mr Fantastic, The Thing, The Invisible Woman and The Human Torch star in the new movie The Fantastic Four. This case of 12 individually packaged 6-inch action figures includes: 4x The Thing (Ben Grimm), 4x The Human Torch (Johnny Storm), 3x Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards) with stretch attachments, and 1x Power Blast Invisible Woman (Sue Richards). (Subject to change.)

Series 2:

Mr Fantastic, The Thing, The Invisible Woman and The Human Torch star in the new movie The Fantastic Four. This case of 12 individually packaged 6-inch action figures includes: 2x Punching Dr. Doom with light up eyes, 4x Clobberin' Time The Thing (Ben Grimm), 4x Flying Human Torch (Johnny Storm), and 2x Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards) with stretch attachments. (Subject to change.)

Series 3:

Mr Fantastic, The Thing, The Invisible Woman and The Human Torch star in the new movie The Fantastic Four. This case of 12 individually packaged 6-inch action figures includes: 4x Smash 'n' Growl The Thing, 4x Human Torch with light-up pullback snowboard, 2x Invisible Woman with Water Blast, and 2x Raging Thing with Mr. Fantastic Bendy. (Subject to change.)

There is also a Series 4 (to be announced later), and a couple 12" cases listed.  The only "movie" figs I have from Marvel are Spider-Man figures, but a part of me has thought at times it would be neat to have a little sub collection of the Marvel movie characters.  I just never got into it too far, since the X-Men movie figures were either kind of crappy, or just over-run with Wolverines/Logans.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #485 on: August 18, 2004, 10:59 AM »
Lovely.  With TB's ****** case assortments and stores over-ordering, I foresee more pegwarmers to go with all the Spider-man, X-men, X2, Hulk and Spider-man 2 movie figures.  ::)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #486 on: August 18, 2004, 11:03 AM »
No doubt, all of the movie figs that TB has done has been some major floppage...at least they aren't just putting out solid cases of Thing and 1x of Torch, Fantastic and IW, and then making Doom a chase

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #487 on: August 18, 2004, 11:25 AM »
Lovely.  With TB's ****** case assortments and stores over-ordering, I foresee more pegwarmers to go with all the Spider-man, X-men, X2, Hulk and Spider-man 2 movie figures.

I know, it kind of surprises me we continue to see them so en masse.  I mean, I have a few Spider-Man movie figures that I really like, but there are far more that I don't...and TONS of them still hanging at every store.  Can still find X2, Hulk, etc. figures as well if I'd look for them too.

That said...on the subject of movie figures....has anyone seen that last wave of Spidey 2 figs, with the bendy Doc Ock and "pizza throwing" Spidey or whatever it is called?  I was waiting out to see what that Doc Ock was like, but might end up picking up the earlier version...which really isn't around here all that much, but I think I saw a few at Shopko last time we were there (for $8!).  Anyways, just curious.  I don't see stores ordering/receiving it anytime soon otherwise, they still have more than enough Spidey movie stuff hanging around.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #488 on: August 18, 2004, 11:29 AM »
I have not seen one movie Doc Ock figure of any sort.  Nothing but Spideys.  Disappointing to say the least.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #489 on: August 18, 2004, 02:25 PM »
An observation I have had lately with my Marvel figures is that many of them seem to have loosening joints over time.  Have any of you had that problem?  I'm not really one that poses and re-poses my figures all that often, particularly not Toy Biz ones since I'm worried about loosening joints, but lately (within the past two weeks or so), I have start to have quite a few of my Marvel figures starting to fall over because of loose joints (particularly ankle joints).  I've seen it happen with Magneto, ML Series 3 Wolverine, Carnage, and a movie Spidey.  I'm not saying that I don't like the figures, but the falling when just having them in a "standing up" pose does get kind of annoying.  I haven't noticed this happening nearly as much with my LOTR figures though.  Just curious if anyone else has had this problem?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #490 on: August 18, 2004, 03:43 PM »
It seems the Fantastic Four movie figs have since been removed from EE's site.  At least, I don't see them there anymore...hmmm.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #491 on: August 19, 2004, 03:30 PM »
I need a Jessica Alba figure!!!!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #492 on: August 20, 2004, 07:20 PM »
I found a few ML 6 figures today. I only picked up Cable. I left the Wolverine and Punishers behind, because I've purchased previous versions of those two and I doubt they'll ever be hard to come by should I change my mind.

No Deadpool, Juggernaut, or either Phoenix. It sucks that Deadpool only 1x per case whilst Wolvie and Punisher are 3x each. (Don't even let me start on the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix issue.)

Cable's a pretty cool figure, even if the new X-Force book stinks to high heaven. Liefeld sux.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #493 on: August 20, 2004, 10:12 PM »
Could be worse Ben, could be like Canada.  Rambling through TRU, see from the side they have a "new item" flag up right by the ML stuff.  Cool, right?  Wrong, it was Elektra, Beast, Gambit and Punisher ::) >:(

Maybe in two or three months :'(  I just don't want to pay to get Juggernaut shipped. 

That said...on the subject of movie figures....has anyone seen that last wave of Spidey 2 figs, with the bendy Doc Ock and "pizza throwing" Spidey or whatever it is called?
Those are out here Brian.  I wasn't aware the first Ock was non-bendy tentacles.  If so, then I've seen three versions of Ock.  First, with glasses on, nonbendy; second, glasses to the side in the package, nonbendy and third, bendy tentacles with glasses on.  I'll have to check my glasses off version to see if it is bendy or not. 

Ock, of course, sells very quickly.  Tough not to when the only other figure in the line is Spiderman.  I appreciate the difficulty with having MJ or JJJ figures sitting, but at one per case, would they?  I'd still love a better version of MJ.  They could do a Robbie Robertson fig as well. 

As for the FF figures, pass entirely on the movie figures and those cas assortments are truly disturbing.  Since one of our retailers (Zellers) can't read an order sheet, they got in series II rather than series IV or V and there is approximately 20 Things per store :'(  Those won't be gone even when the new figures come out.  Deja vu all over again with Hulk figures from that movie, only reversed this time.  I'll wait for another clearance from Amazon/TRU, if it comes, before I buy the FF set.  I have the original Thing, Trenchcoat Thing, I hardly need a third, but would for those dirt cheap prices.  I even sold off my Mr. Fantastic, regrettably, in anticipation of this set.  Along with Thing, those same stores are littered with the Human Torch and Namor, so if they ever clear them out, easy to fill those holes. 

I sadly expect we will see the movie figures here, only to kill the line for the most part. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #494 on: August 20, 2004, 11:12 PM »
Looks like She-Hulk won the DIamond Select Contest.