Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 414537 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #975 on: February 1, 2005, 02:38 PM »
I thought I read he was 14" somewhere

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #976 on: February 1, 2005, 02:57 PM »
He looks awesome, I cannot wait for this wave, and the Hulk looks much better now.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #977 on: February 2, 2005, 09:03 AM »
For anyone who ordered some things from the Marvel store, expect your packages soon.  Received my Apocalypse yesterday.  If you're a MOC collector, good luck.  They just shoved it in an undersized box and slapped a label on it.  The top of the package was bent to get it to fit.  Doesn't bother me, I open all my MLs.  I'm just happy to get him, all I need now is Doc Ock and Man-thing and I'm caught up to wave 9.

I'm also hearing people who ordered Vision are getting the Phasing variant.  Not to shabby for $12.95.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #978 on: February 2, 2005, 12:36 PM »
I am caught up :o  Outside of a phasing vision or phasing ghost rider, there's nothing I even want and I can live without those.  Between Scott's help with spiderman legends, Mikey's help with the S6 box set and a trade, I am at the point where there is nothing to hunt for.  I have the next series on order from AFX so I am good for a fair while here.  Spiderman's next villains will be all I'll have to hunt for.  I should probably get off my backside and order the Sentinel series from AFX as well. 

Locally we're pretty much down to Man-Thing on the shelves.  It's kind of a pity, it's such a nice sculpt.  But when was the last time that comic was around - 1970-something?  I remember it and am tempted by the figure, but I can wait for clearance pricing. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #979 on: February 2, 2005, 02:12 PM »
You really should pick uo the Man-Thing figure. It is awesome, one of the best sculpts. My favorite figure.

I am pretty much caught up  ::) I still need a Dark Phoenix and a Phasing Ghost Rider. I am not going to go crazy to get a blonde Black Widow but if i come across it I will pick it up. I pre-ordered 9-11 from BBTS.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #980 on: February 2, 2005, 06:49 PM »
Found Series 8 Captain America, Storm, Ice Man and Iron Man at KB Toys today. Why can't I come across Doc Ock or Black Widow!! ARGH!
I remember my dream now.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #981 on: February 2, 2005, 10:52 PM »
Same here.  It's infuriating!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #982 on: February 2, 2005, 11:22 PM »
I saw Octopus a couple weeks ago. Should've grabbed him. ???

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #983 on: February 3, 2005, 01:19 PM »
Just curious if any of you know which figures are all contained in the "Best Of" cases that are currently shipping (or have shipped) to Wal-Mart.  I think it is only at Wal-Mart anyways.  I thought that Human Torch and Thing were both in that case, but wasn't sure.  I've always wanted to pick up a Torch figure (my fave of the Fan 4), and have been a fan of Thing as well.  I thought about waiting for the box set or movie figures, but I think I'd want a comic accurate (and in Torch's case, fully "flamed on") version as well.  I might end up waiting yet, but was just curious if anyone had an idea of the case breakout of that wave.  I thought I had seen Captain America, Thing, and Torch, although I passed at that time since I didn't really have the money for it.  Anyways, long story short, anyone have any idea of the breakdown for that "Best Of" case or whatever it is called?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #984 on: February 3, 2005, 01:52 PM »
Keep passing on Thing, Brian.  Patience, those FF box sets have to go on sale soon with the movie coming out.  That will cover both your needs.  If it doesn't happen, I'll send you a Thing free of charge.  I have two and no way I'll ever sell it.  We are still inundated at stores with Torch and Thing figures as well, at typically high Canadian prices ::)  The box set Thing is comic accurate, just slightly different I believe.  I also have the Thing in Trenchcoat, so that's the one I'll be keeping.  Just like my Beast in labcoat.  Must have a thing for flashers :-X

As to your question, no, I don't know the answer as we're not seeing those cases here. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #985 on: February 3, 2005, 02:18 PM »
Thanks for the advice Brent.  I might just keep holding out, we'll see.  I have always wanted to get the Fantastic Four, but got into ML after those were initially released, and have just put it off since then (had more than enough other stuff to buy :P).  I have thought about waiting for the movie figures, if they turn out as good as they look, but have a feeling I might end up wanting "comic" versions as well, particularly of Torch (and Thing).  I might just wait for the box set, and/or the movie figures, or a combination of both.  I have a feeling Amazon will eventually clearance that set too, and I'm sure I'd be kicking myself if it dropped to like $20 or less.  Probably getting impatient since I'm almost caught up in Star Wars (and for the most part Marvel) for a little bit, so I figure its as good a time as any to bite the bullet on these if I see them.  I might just take your advice though and hold out, although the Torch might be tempting since the box set version is the "flaming up" version, and this one would be different.  We'll see I guess....patience....patience :).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #986 on: February 3, 2005, 02:27 PM »
Apparently someone has posted a few pics (although far away and blurry) from the UK Toy Fair of Legends, LOTR, Classics, etc.  Probably have to wait until Toy Fair to get better looks at these, but its nice to get some idea from these pictures.  You can see them at this forum, towards the bottom of the page (there are links).

At first glance, Mysterio looks like it could be kind of a cool figure....Galactus does look pretty big when standing next to the Series 9 figures....and some of the Spidey variants are getting kind of crazy, although some are at least different "versions" of Spidey that some people have been wanting.  Kind of wish there was some sort of "peek" at the 4" line, but I don't see any.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2005, 02:39 PM by mosnab »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #987 on: February 3, 2005, 02:52 PM »
Looking at those pictures provides some neat information.  Is this a Mr. Fantastic in the spidey line and if so, why?  Don't we have a ML version and now multiple movie versions?  Where is that from? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/toyzandgamez/Toy%20Fair/afefe059.jpg

Galactus pretty, Hulk disporportionately large :(

Another Ock ???

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #988 on: February 3, 2005, 02:59 PM »
I noticed that too Brent, I think it might be some sort of Spidey variant, looks like he has a Spidey head...maybe?  I thought I had read at one time there was another Doc Ock rumored to be coming up, some sort of "Hydro Blast" or "Playing in the Water" or "Building Sandcastles" version, I'm not sure...maybe that is what we're seeing there.  I think that figure in the packaging, is the same one you can see on the shelf in this pic:

Spidey Figs

Seems to have some sort of balls with it, or eggs, or something.  And right to the right of that looks like they put some sort of apparatus on Venom, doesn't it?  If you click on that particular picture you can enlarge it and that is what it looks like to me.  Interesting...and strange.  Anyways, Mysterio looks good at least :P.

Also, on a side note, I was looking for any more info and was over on the Action-Figure.com Marvel Legends forum, and read through the discussion on the FF Movie figures.  A couple members who saw them (at the Canadian Toy Fair I believe) said that the Series 1 Mr. Fantastic (that looks all elongated in the pictures) is actually a normal, poseable figure that has attachments so that you can switch out and make his arms/legs longer if you want.  Might be kind of neat if done well.  They also said the Invisible Woman and Human Torch figures look very good in person from the way it sounded.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #989 on: February 3, 2005, 03:28 PM »
Galactus is awesome.  Nothing more to say.

I'm disappointed in Mysterio's see thru helmet.  I don't want to see his face, I want a tinted fish bowl.
Common sense isn't so common