Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 415823 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1065 on: February 18, 2005, 09:57 AM »
Pretty nice review and pics of ML9 Nightcrawler found HERE.  This is one of the figures I'm most looking forward to in the next wave, always one of my favorite X-Men.  Also, reviews of Bullseye and 1st Appearance Hulk.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1066 on: February 18, 2005, 10:47 PM »
When I saw the initial images of the first appearance Hulk, I thought that it was really the grey Hulk's retarded little brother  ;)  But after seeing those images in the review, I'm still kind of hopeful.  The grey Hulk, at least in his return in the late 80's or early 90's was actually a pretty interesting character.  This isn't quite that character (and no, I didn't like Joe Fixit), but it's a step in that direction.

Nightcrawler looks good, too.  It's good to see the ranks of the X-Men getting filled out a little more.  I didn't see it, but did he come with a little "bamf" cloud as an accessory?

The one problem I have with this series?   These damned Galactus parts are going to make this series the death of me.  If they start putting unique parts for Galactus in with the chase figures, I'm gonna lose it on Toy Biz.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1067 on: February 18, 2005, 11:43 PM »
The one problem I have with this series?   These damned Galactus parts are going to make this series the death of me.  If they start putting unique parts for Galactus in with the chase figures, I'm gonna lose it on Toy Biz.

Well each figure comes with a unique piece. So if you get all 7 figures you have yourself a Galactus, whic is very awesome. The chase figures have the same part of the regular version so no need to worry about that.

Also, check this out, it is amazing. I can not wait to buy this figure and hi slady friend :)

Marvel Select Thanos
« Last Edit: February 19, 2005, 12:34 AM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1068 on: February 20, 2005, 05:41 PM »
I just got back and ther Toybiz showrooms were awesome. They had all of the lines on display. Mysterio looks pretty cool, Beetle is very weak, and they are making an Armored Spider-Man like from the comics.

The marvel legends display was amazing. They only had 2-ups of WonderMan and Scarlet Witch. Hulk Buster Iron Man, Ultron, and Vengeance looked very huge, especially Vengeance but much smaller than the 2-ups so i really am unsure what to think. Angel's wingspan is huge!!!!!

As for the 4 inch figures, they look great as well. I saw Ghost Rider, Black Spider-Man, Punisher, Spider-Man, a few more i can't remember. I asked if there were going to be variants in this series like the larger scale and they said no, but i dont know how much the rep really knew.

Thats it for now. Feel free to ask any questions!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1069 on: February 20, 2005, 10:30 PM »
Was Ultron like in the original art picture or like a more classic version?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1070 on: February 21, 2005, 10:20 AM »
He was bulky, but not as bad as the original artowrk picture we saw. He was a little bulky though.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1071 on: February 21, 2005, 02:57 PM »
http://www.insidepulse.com/article.php?contentid=32430

Pics of 9, 10 and 11!

Everything looks good except for Ultron...that looks like a piece of crap ::)

Wonder Man comes with a mini YellowJacket!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1072 on: February 21, 2005, 03:18 PM »
How many forms of Logan/WeaponX/Wolverine do we need?!

Dear Lord.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1073 on: February 21, 2005, 03:35 PM »
Pathetic work computer >:(  No flash download allowed ::)  I'll look when I get home, but disappointed to hear about Ultron - such a key villain to make and they biatch it.  Guess they're setting themselves up for a "classic" version next year ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1074 on: February 22, 2005, 04:11 AM »
Had some good finds today.
At TRU I scored the blue-pants Lizard and Sandman, who I didn't think too highly of earlier, but it's a great figure. Venom was there too, but I got him way back when he first came out in this line.

Then at Wal-Mart I found the remnants of the SMC villains wave, and scored an Ultimate Lizard. I missed Morbius and Scorpion. I left Carnage, Green Goblin, and Ultimate Rhino since I have those three already.

don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1075 on: February 22, 2005, 08:44 AM »
Thanks for that link Scott, nice to see some clear pics of what is coming up.  Glad I checked in here yesterday while I was home sick from work, because I see that those pics are now down (says Toy Biz told them they can't be put up until Wednesday night ::)).  Things looking pretty good coming up, although I agree the Ultron is strange looking.  Haven't seen much reporting on Toy Biz's offerings here at Toy Fair, not sure what all the secrecy is about.  It has to be one of the most anticipated toy lines where everyone is looking forward to seeing what's next, they should really capitalize on it instead of hiding it :).

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1076 on: February 22, 2005, 08:53 AM »
Since when did Ultron become a dog?  That's horrible.

Logan looks like he has his Days of Future Past head.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1077 on: February 22, 2005, 09:53 AM »
Really...its the head that blows.  Hopefully they get enough people lambasting them tomorrow that they can change it.  The body is too big but it would work with a proper head

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1078 on: February 22, 2005, 06:57 PM »
Maybe I was overwhelmed when i was int he showroom, but I dont remember it looking that bad. Man, the pics of Ultron are terrible. I guess i was just awe struck being in there. :( Sorry guys.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1079 on: February 23, 2005, 07:22 PM »
http://69.93.119.2/photosSHTC/showgallery.php?cat=617

Ultron's head must have been a proto...this one is much better.  Still not a huge fan of the body but its doable