Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 413623 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1140 on: March 30, 2005, 01:07 PM »
Oh, and still no sign of Kingpin ::)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1141 on: March 30, 2005, 01:09 PM »
Kingpin is very aggravating and unacceptable.  I expect it will show in a box set with four other figures I already own ::)

If they can make Doop and Howard the Duck, they should make a Bucky.  Pack him in with the Falcon. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1142 on: March 30, 2005, 02:17 PM »
I'm kind of like Brent...growing up it was Spidey first and foremost, then some X-Men and the occasional Wolverine book, then a little bit of Fantastic Four.  I have a few Iron Man/Avengers comics as well, but the first 2 were the main ones for me growing up.  I have a Spidey comic where Wolverine makes an apperance, as well as Wendigo.  Psylocke might kind of a cool character to have in the line, but I'd probably only pick it up if I end up getting Jean Grey or Storm or another female character by that point.  Don't get me wrong, I think many of those figures will be great and should make a lot of people happy...but I really just need to try to limit things a little bit, simply running out of room for the stuff right now.

That said, I can't believe Kingpin continues to be neglected.  I really hope that we see him in figure form sometime soon, whether it is in Legends or Spidey Classics.  He seems to be a glaring omission right now, alongside a few others.  Otherwise, like mentioned earlier, they are kind of stretching the term "Legends", but maybe we take it too literally :).  Speaking of Legends, has anyone been finding Series 9?  It seems like its been kind of quiet on the Marvel front lately, but maybe that's because my focus has been on Star Wars.  Going to be a big enough year spending wise with SW, so I'm attempting to limit my Marvel purchases to just Spidey and his world, the Fantastic Four, and the last few "main" X-Men I'd like to pick up (Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Prof X of what has been announced).  Otherwise, overall in the Legends line, I think I'd have to agree with Scott, it seems like the Avengers still has the most untapped character lineup...should possibly shift a little more focus in that direction.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1143 on: March 30, 2005, 03:13 PM »
Beta Ray Bill sounds good to me.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1144 on: March 30, 2005, 03:19 PM »
Psylocke is one of the characters I really wanted to see made.  I'd agree that prior to her ninja transformation she was a rather weak character, but post that change she was pretty nasty, so well deserving of a figure.  I honestly thought they'd make her before Rogue. 

I was never all that much of an Avengers (or FF) fan, though I was a little more into the West Coast Avengers. 

They should just do a classic Astonishing X-men box set and have that done with.  I'd buy it, but won't buy any pieces singly beforehand because you just have to know they'll eventually make  a box set.  It's a heck of a way to make yet another Beast figure, though this one wouldn't have hair.  But a classic Angel, Cyclops and Beast would be neat. 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1145 on: March 30, 2005, 04:14 PM »
Marvel does seem to be running low on characters for the Marvel Legends line.  These might be some good choices:

AVENGERS
Hercules
Starfox
Yellowjacket
old school gold Iron Man
Scarlet Witch
She Hulk (w/ FF variant)

X-MEN/X-Factor
Thunderbird
Sunfire
Banshee
Storm - original costume
Beast - X-Factor minus blue fur
Cyclops - X-Factor
Jean Grey - X-Factor
Havok
"Days Of Future Past" gift pack

OTHERS
Quicksilver

VILLAINS
Thanos
Modok
Crimson Dynamo
Brood
Sebastion Shaw
Nimrod
White Queen
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1146 on: March 30, 2005, 05:18 PM »
I had put together a personal list of top 50 characters I'd want to eventually see...here's what is left

Quicksilver
Black Knight
Moon Knight
Hercules
She-Hulk
Wasp
Ant Man
Yellowjacket
Tigra
Jarvis!
Falcon
Kang
Kingpin
Bulldozer
Wrecker
Piledriver
Thunderball
MODOK
Baron Zemo
Enchantress
Loki
Klaw
Power Man
Iron Fist
US Agent
Watcher
Molecule Man
Hobgoblin
Captain Marvel
Captain Marvel/Photon
Starfox
Captain Britain
The Blob
Havok
Mole Man
Spider Woman I
Super Skrull
Captain America WWII
Bucky
Pyro

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1147 on: March 30, 2005, 05:21 PM »
She-Hulk, must make She-Hulk.  Marvel Select convention exclusive coming, but they can do better than that for the rest of us. 

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1148 on: March 30, 2005, 10:34 PM »
I'd like to see a decent Carnage with interchangable hands, ala Sandman in the spidey line.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1149 on: March 31, 2005, 01:28 AM »
She-Hulk, must make She-Hulk.  Marvel Select convention exclusive coming, but they can do better than that for the rest of us. 

I'll definitely be picking up the Marvel Select Shulkie at Wizard World in Philly.  They need to put her in the ML lineup too.

But how could I forget the Blob?  Or Pyro and Avalanche for that matter?  Need to fill out the ranks of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.

Feedback

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1150 on: March 31, 2005, 08:00 AM »
Have they made a Mr. Fix It for either the Classic Hulk Line or any other Marvel line?
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1151 on: March 31, 2005, 09:07 AM »
Yeah he was in the Hulk Classics Line

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1152 on: March 31, 2005, 11:05 AM »
That and a grossly overpriced Absorbing man are the only two figures I got from that line.  They were quite well done overall and I'd rather have a few more of those than the original Marvel Legends version and the movie one my daughter made me buy.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1153 on: April 1, 2005, 03:04 AM »
Marvel Legends still needs to touch on the grey Hulk as he appeared before the debut of Mr. Fixit.  While we have a good origin grey Hulk, Mr Fixit, and an Ultimate Universe grey Hulk, I want to see the grey Hulk from when Banner was recombined with the green, savage Hulk.

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1154 on: April 1, 2005, 08:04 AM »
I didn't pick up Mr. Fixit the one day I saw him becuase I didnt have enopugh money. When I went back it was gone. :(
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"