Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 410968 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1155 on: April 5, 2005, 02:55 PM »
Still have not seen even a lick of ML9 around here.  Some locals have found them but I have not :-\

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1156 on: April 5, 2005, 03:34 PM »
I have not seen any in the stores around here either, I just got my set which i pre-ordered from BBTS. Very nice they are!
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1157 on: April 6, 2005, 12:59 AM »
Found three of the ML 9 figures at K-Mart, but their $9 price tag and the fact I've spent over $150 of ROTS stuff means I didn't buy them, plus I'm phasing out this line.

They were Deathlok, Nightcrawler, and Bullseye, and the only ones I was really interested in from ML9.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1158 on: April 6, 2005, 10:49 AM »
They showed here, but the single packed figures were already gone.  I'd have bought the whole set, mostly because my pre-order is screwed up >:(, but not without all the pieces for Galactus.  $12.99 CAD per is pretty pricey, but I'd have been pleased to have them out of the way. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1159 on: April 8, 2005, 02:29 PM »
Same night I got the LOTR stuff I also scored a full set of Legends IX!  Awesome figures, probably my favorite wave of all 9.  Even Prof X is a decent enough figure.  Most of the A-Listers are now complete, I can't wait to see what is the actual line-ups for 12-14.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1160 on: April 8, 2005, 02:38 PM »
Congrats on the find again Scott, sounds like its been a good week for you as far as finding stuff goes.  Nice to hear that some of this stuff is starting to show up at retail as well.  Glad to hear you like the looks of ML IX as well, looking forward to finding these.  I'm probably just picking up Nightcrawler and Prof X from this wave due to all the ROTS coming out right now, so hopefully they won't be the tough finds.  I agree, it seems like with this wave and the upcoming ones we've seen, most of the "major players" are going to be covered.  There's always cool, lesser known characters they can do, but it will be interesting to see what future waves hold.  I think overall my collection might be winding down somewhat, partly because I don't have the room, and partly because most of my favorites have been made.  I want to finish out the "main" X-Men team (probably with Prof X, Nightcrawler, and Cyclops...we'll see about the others), get the F4 and Doom (probably the movie versions, we'll see), and then just focus on Spidey and his world.  As far as others I'd like to see at this point, hopefully Kingpin (either in ML or Spidey Classics), Luke Cage/Iron Fist, and Moon Knight would be cool to see in ML form.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1161 on: April 8, 2005, 09:07 PM »
Went to Wal-Mart (and Target) today searching for ROTS figures #33 and up, but came up empty.  At our local Wal-Mart though I came across the newer Fantastic Four box set (with just the F4 and no one else).  Although I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or not, I couldn't pass it up as it was on clearance for $9.  I know that I want to pick up one of each character from the movie figures, but the fact that I could get four figures for the price of one lured me in.  I always considered having both "comic" and "movie" versions of them, but I'm not sure if I actually have room for both, we'll see I guess.  I don't think these were ever even with the Marvel figures in the aisle that I have ever seen, I wonder if they went straight to the back aisle and clearanced down.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1162 on: April 9, 2005, 09:24 AM »
For 10.00, why not. i probably would have picked it up too.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1163 on: April 10, 2005, 09:24 PM »
My friend picked up all 7 figures with Galactus parts, and I managed to buy Hulk, Deathloc, War Machine, and Bullseye from him, sans Glactus parts. I'm impressed.

Anyone see the new Ultimate Carnage coming out?

OH. MY. GOD. I want 2.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1164 on: April 10, 2005, 09:38 PM »
From everything I've seen, it appears that the Legendary Riders series does NOT go together to build a larger character.  I'm actually kind of happy about that.  Had I been given the choice in Series 9, I wouldn't have bought Dr. Strange or Deathlok.  I only got them to build Galactus.  I suppose maybe Marvel realized that these characters wouldn't sell without some kind of incentive like this.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1165 on: April 10, 2005, 10:37 PM »
Is your Deathloc missing the American Flag on his chest, as pictured on the back? Mine lacks the flag.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1166 on: April 10, 2005, 10:40 PM »
I didn't even notice.  I was too busy putting Galactus together.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1167 on: April 11, 2005, 01:46 PM »
See, I am sad that 11 does not have a build a figure. I really hope they do some more.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1168 on: April 11, 2005, 03:53 PM »
Here's a long and speculative, but interesting read

I can confirm that our case ratios are very different from the US posted ratios.  I can confirm finding only brown wolvie/punisher FULL CASES at Walmart :'( and have reported it here.  But I've also been able to find many of the single pack figures.  One of two cases of ML IX that showed at TRU a couple of weeks ago had chase figures in it - I didn't get them, but I know the guy that did. 

I've also found chase figures in Canada - primarily early series - doombot, gold ironman.  And no mask Wolvie from series 3 was not real anyway.  The later series have been odd though, with very little being found here. 

As I said, it's all speculative, but it sure is interesting to read that thread.  It gets a little less accusatory on the second page. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1169 on: April 11, 2005, 10:24 PM »
Wow, what Grand is doing is total bull****.

It's hard enough to find these figures without the distributor picking out all the one-per-casers and chases.

I think it's all the more reason to stop chases and shortpacks altogether, but nobody listens to collectors.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk