Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 413471 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1245 on: June 2, 2005, 09:30 AM »
Went out looking for the Tarkin wave, as well as Fantastic Four movie figures since it sounds like they are hitting Targets, etc.  Our local Target still didn't have any, although the endcap that was previously occupied by ROTS is now Batman Begins stuff.  Wal-Mart is expanding their Batman Begins coverage as well.  Our Wal-Mart did have FF movie figures a month or so ago, but those sold out in a couple of days and they haven't restocked since.  They did however restocked with just a TON of ML 9 figures though.  I have the ones I want from that wave, but it will be interesting to see how long they stay there.  Usually ML figures (no matter which ones) seem to sell out pretty quickly.  There were so many of these they were falling off the pegs, and stacked in sets of 3 down on the shelves below as well.  Stopped at TRU, just for the heck of it, and nothing new there either.  I checked to see if they had FF movie figures...no 6" stuff, but they did have the larger figures.  I could have picked up all of the "4" (including both Johnny Storms and the Invisible Sue), but I don't collect the bigguns.  Still on the lookout for a Sue, but I suppose we'll be seeing a lot more of these once the movie gets a bit closer.  Patience :).

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1246 on: June 2, 2005, 09:58 AM »
I once again struck out on Sue, I'm like 0 for 5 in finding FF figures with one of them being missing >:(

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1247 on: June 2, 2005, 09:59 AM »
Well I hit up TRU yesterday, i finally saw the left overs of the FF figures. No Invisible Woman of course. I really like the Thing figure but i didnt have enough cash on me for Thing and the new Galactic Heroe figure sets so i left the Thing.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1248 on: June 4, 2005, 12:28 AM »
Dang, almost forgot.  I need to pick up the Marvel Select She Hulk tomorrow in Philly!  ;)
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1249 on: June 4, 2005, 02:27 AM »
Dang, almost forgot.  I need to pick up the Marvel Select She Hulk tomorrow in Philly!  ;)

Don't you need to pick up two??  Pretty please? :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1250 on: June 4, 2005, 11:47 AM »

I thought you had to pcik up three :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1251 on: June 4, 2005, 08:18 PM »
Whole lot of good those posts did me today.  I just got back from Philly a little while ago.  However, I'm thinking of going to Wizard World in Chicago and may be able to help up some of the She Hulk fans there.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1252 on: June 6, 2005, 11:35 AM »
Whole lot of good those posts did me today.  I just got back from Philly a little while ago.  However, I'm thinking of going to Wizard World in Chicago and may be able to help up some of the She Hulk fans there.

Yeah i figured you wouldnt see those posts, but it didnt hurt anyway. So how was the con? I wanted to go, just cant afford it.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1253 on: June 7, 2005, 09:27 AM »
Stopped at Wal-mart yesterday for some groceries, so I headed to the action figure aisles with hopes of seeing Tarkin and his buddies (no go there).  They did, however, restock their Fantastic Four movie figures (Series 1) and I was fortunate enough to find an Invisible Woman.  There was 1 on the pegs (way at the back), and then several of the other three F4 members.  I was quite happy (and relieved) to find one, since I don't really have time to check all the time in the earlier part of the days (which you usually have to do to get these "HTF" figures).  Also, it was the "phasing" version, which is the one I was kind of hoping to find anyways.  Part of me wouldn't mind getting a fully invisible or fully visible one, but if I don't find one, no big deal.  Now hopefully they won't make Doom that hard to find when he is finally released.  At least the team is complete now, and I think this IW is a much better version than the ML one.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1254 on: June 7, 2005, 08:03 PM »
Thats awesome man, I am kind of hoping to find the phasing version and the clear one, but i will settle for any one. :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1255 on: June 7, 2005, 09:25 PM »
I have the clear version, now I seek the fully-painted one.

I don't really care for the phasing version, though I'd probably buy it if I found it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1256 on: June 8, 2005, 12:05 AM »

« Last Edit: June 8, 2005, 12:05 AM by Scott »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1257 on: June 8, 2005, 04:23 AM »
Dammit, quit showing off your shortpacked ML 7 figures. They're the last ones I need, and it's driving my broke ass nuts.  ;) :P
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1258 on: June 8, 2005, 07:40 AM »
Why is Nightcrawler playing footsie with Cyclops?  :o

Common sense isn't so common

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile