Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 410804 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1410 on: August 17, 2005, 08:54 PM »
I will get Manwolf, but why another venom?
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1411 on: August 17, 2005, 11:23 PM »
I will get Manwolf, but why another venom?

Exactly.  I like Venom, it's not a bad character for something much more recent.  But I have two as it is and there was a third in the early SP classics line, the one with mask partially on and deformed head.  A fourth?  No way, no how does any villain deserve a fourth (or even a third) before they do a Kingpin >:( >:( >:(  I get why they're doing it, because it will sell to the kids, kids love venom cough*Kevin*cough.  The spidey classics is a line I'll actually accept kids driving more than adults because no way is an adult collector buying all of those lame-ass spiderman figures ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1412 on: August 17, 2005, 11:26 PM »
I get why they're doing it, because it will sell to the kids, kids love venom cough*Kevin*cough. 
:P

I'm losing faith that ML and the Spidey line will make it past 2006

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1413 on: August 17, 2005, 11:34 PM »
Frankly it's another line that can go away as far as I'm concerned.  I love the figures and it's made it way easier to part with my comics.   There aren't too many figures I still want to see that badly.  Most of the X-men I want are done (Kitty Pryde, Havok, Psylocke are not).  Most of the villains I can think of wanting are done (Kingpin being the glaring exception).  I'd be happy if it died, so I don't have to buy any more box sets to get a single villain (or three in the S6 simply because I initially passed on the Kraven) and a spiderman I don't want. 

I think your assessment is reasonable though, considering how long it takes for the spiderman figures to move through the system.  TRU here, obviously the worst at clearing stuff is just loaded with old stuff.  They still get in the newer waves but having the highest price does them no favors.  I can go in and find a Peter Parker figure any time I want. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1414 on: August 18, 2005, 07:38 PM »
I kind of feel the same way. I hope it goes on a little longer, i guess we shall see.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1415 on: August 18, 2005, 08:08 PM »
I'm sorry that Venom and Carnage are my 2 favs. :'(

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1416 on: August 18, 2005, 08:10 PM »
And I like 'em too.  I just want a Kingpin and other villains before we start doing multiples is all. :-\

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1417 on: August 24, 2005, 04:13 PM »
I'm losing faith that ML and the Spidey line will make it past 2006

I'm kind of starting to wonder that too.  Looking at the (rumored) lineups for 12/13, it doesn't seem like too many of us here are overly excited about many of these figures.  I don't know if our opinions represent the majority, but it has to be somewhat in line with the general consensus.  I know that outside of Series 10 (Sentinel), I'm not overly excited about the majority of upcoming waves (if true).  There are some figures I know some people are quite happy to see, and I'm glad for that, but the overall waves don't seem quite as spiffy as past ones.  Part of that might be because so many of the bigger named characters have been done, and part of it might be questionable choices (X23, another Venom?) by ToyBiz.

Other than the Sentinel Series, and maybe an odd figure here or there, I might be in for a long break with ML stuff as well the way it looks.  Many of the figures I'm looking forward to are the same ones Brent mentioned earlier (Kingpin, Havok, Kitty Pryde, etc.), and there hasn't been any indication that they are on the way soon.  There are a few more Spidey baddies that could be done, but it looks like we'll be getting more "fringe" baddies and Venoms before those.  I wouldn't mind seeing a single carded Electro, a new/different Green Goblin (coming in ML), and maybe some others like Hydro-Man and Chameleon, but we'll see.  Anyways, I agree with many of you, I'm starting to wonder how much "legs" these lines have left.

On an unrelated note, our local TRU has restocked with lots of the SuperHeroShowdown Starter Packs (Hulk/Wolvies and Spidey/Thing).  Haven't seen any of the single packs here yet, but that's probably for the best...my mind tells me to stay away from them anyways ;).

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1418 on: August 24, 2005, 04:14 PM »
BBTS is saying the Series 10 will be at their store next Tuesday...should hit retail I would guess fairly soon :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1419 on: August 24, 2005, 04:28 PM »
I hope you're right Scott.  The pegs aren't pegwarmed too badly around here at Target or Wal-Mart, mainly a few Series 9 figures hanging about (Prof X the most often, and I see Grey Hulk a fair amount)...so hopefully there will be room for these if/when they come in.  I'm still kind of undecided how much of Series 10 I want to get, part of me would really like to get the Sentinel.  What is everyone planning on picking up in the next few waves?

Series 10 - Sentinel
1st Appearance Spidey
Cyclops
Angel
Black Panther (?)
Possibly the rest, I wouldn't mind having the figures and I want the Sentinel, depends on budget at the time I guess.

Series 11 - Legendary Riders
Probably none.

Series 12 - Apocalypse Series
A little ways off yet, but probably none.  Possibly Iron Fist.

Series 13 - Villains (rumored)
Green Goblin
Like I mentioned, I'm thinking after Series 10 it will be pretty light for me, barring any changes of opinion or surprises we don't know about.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1420 on: August 24, 2005, 04:35 PM »
Wave X Sentinel Series[/i]
Cyclops
Angel
Black Panther

Series XI Legendary Riders Series
Task Master
Ultron
Wonder-Man
Scarlet Witch
Wonder-Man CHASE VARIANT[/i]

Series XII Apocolypse Series RUMORED
Iron Fist

Series XIII Bring on the Bad Guys Series RUMORED
Loki
Abomination
Pyro (maybe)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1421 on: August 24, 2005, 04:40 PM »
I only own one figure from this series, Gambit, but I really would like to put together the Sentinal.  I'm thinking I'll have a lot of extra, loose figures this time next month...

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1422 on: August 24, 2005, 05:12 PM »
Wave X Sentinel Series
Cyclops
Angel
Black Panther - just for the Sentinel part ::)
Omega Red -just for the Sentinel part ::)
Mr. Sinister
Mystique
X-Factor Cyclops CHASE VARIANT -if I find it, won't buy both
X-Factor Angel CHASE VARIANT -ditto

Series XI Legendary Riders Series
Logan - maybe on clearance
Wonder-Man
Scarlet Witch

Series XII Apocolypse Series RUMORED
Sasquatch

Series XIII Bring on the Bad Guys Series RUMORED
Green Goblin - depends on what it looks like, I don't want a third ::)
Loki
Abomination
Pyro

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1423 on: August 25, 2005, 07:31 AM »
Series X

All of them as I want to put together a Sentinel.

Series XI
Logan
Logan Variant

Series XII

All so I can put together Apocalypse

Series XIII

Pyro
Deathstrike
(Any Other X-Men charecters)
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1424 on: August 25, 2005, 10:07 AM »
Saw this post over at the ADC forums, apparently the latest "Previews" has some pics of the upcoming "Fantastic Four Classics" wave 1 (Mr. Fantastic, Human Torch, The Thing, Super Skrull), as well as an upcoming Spidey Classics (16?) wave.  Hit the link for pics, looks like the F4 figures are action feature tastic as well :).

Edit:  It looks like Fwooshnet has some pics up as well, starting on page 5 of this topic.  They are a little closer up, although the pics in the magazine seem to be pretty small themselves.  Also further Fantastic Four movie figures, waves 5 and 6, although I'm not sure why.  Doom hasn't even shown up yet ;).
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 10:12 AM by mosnab »