Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 415247 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1500 on: October 3, 2005, 12:02 AM »
I should add that ML 11 (Legendary Riders) is showing up in Canuckia in addition to the show I attended this weekend.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1501 on: October 3, 2005, 12:53 AM »
This is true, just not close to me.  Yet.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1502 on: October 3, 2005, 09:29 AM »
Nice to get some new ML news/pics this weekend, definitely some neat stuff on the way.  I don't know that I'll be picking up a ton of figures beyond the Sentinel Series, but there's a lot of characters for a variety of people in there.  As far as what we think/know is coming, this is what I'm thinking about picking up:

ML10 (Sentinel) - All, if I can find them.  Might pass on Omega Red, undecided right now.
ML11 (Legendary Riders) - Probably none.
ML12 (Apocalypse) - Not sure here yet.  Although some people probably think its insane, I kind of like the Astonishing Wolverine.  Might get that one.  Sasquatch looks neat to me too, although I don't know a whole lot about the character/Alpha Flight.  I'm tempted with that one as well as Iron Fist.  We'll see.
ML 13 (Bring on the Bad Guys) - Goblin (don't have one at all yet) and probably Pyro.  Considering Deathstrike, but we'll see.

SMC 16 - Possibly Venom (don't have one) and Man Wolf.  Not certain on either though.
SMC 17 - Hobgoblin and Hydroman for sure, Spider-Hulk is kind of interesting...maybe.
SMC Villains - Chameleon for sure, probably the Spot too.  Funny that we're getting that figure.  Might get Kraven too, always passed on him before.

Not sure about the other stuff (Fantastic Four Classics, X3 Movie Figs).  I might get some of the X3 movie figures, if they don't suck.  I'll likely get a Beast either way, and might get one each of the characters, we'll see.  FF Classics, probably none, although the Super Skrull might be tempting...and we'll have to see how the others look.

On the other points, I agree with what Brent said...I really like the Fearsome Foes box set.  I found this at Wal-Mart a week or two ago, and at the time they had quite a few.  I really like the Rhino figure, and the Vulture and Lizard are quite nice too.  Not really a bad figure in the bunch, just some you might have already had.  Nice to hear that ML10 is hitting around here too (MN, ND, etc.) I'm hoping we'll see some here too.  Nothing so far, just lots of ML9, although our closest Wal-Mart seemed to have emptied a couple of pegs somehow (hard to believe they sold all of a sudden) so maybe they're restocking them.  I'll have to go check it out.  Overall, lots of Marvel stuff on the way it sounds...happy hunting.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1503 on: October 3, 2005, 10:12 AM »
I was just licking my chops this weekend after completing the Series 10 figures except for the Variants. Now I find out what is coming and my mouth can't contain my drool (looking like Homer Simpson when he thinks of doughnuts).
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1504 on: October 3, 2005, 08:36 PM »
Sasquatch looks neat to me too, although I don't know a whole lot about the character/Alpha Flight. 

Alpha Flight.  Hmm, let's see.  The first openly gay super hero was from Alpha Flight.  It was a Canadian based team, with suitably matched "cold weather/northern" associations for member names.  Otherwise it was fairly lame indeed.  Personally I was ecstatic when the series died, because it was such an over-caricaturization of Canada that it was absurd.  Not all of Canada is covered by mountains and forest ::), nor is it eternally cold ::) and snowy ::)  Of course it may have been less lame than Captain Canuck, but that's for another time.

As for my wants:

ML11 -

ML12 - Sasquatch, Iron Fist

ML13 - Abomination, Loki, (Pyro and Lady Deathstrike as maybes)

SMC16 - Man-Wolf

SMC17 - Hydro-man; spiderhulk and hobgoblins are wait and see.

SMV2 - Chameleon, Spot and Beetle are maybes

F4C1 - Super Skrull

F4C2 - Kang

F4M6 - Annihilus

Marvel Monsters - perhaps, it's intriguing anyway, will wait and see. 

Of course I'll be buying Kingpin right away.  What's that?  Oh yeah, it's not due out.  Ever ::)

BTW, saw the movie Doom in N. Dakota on the weekend and I'm pleased to have the Marvel Legends version ;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1505 on: October 4, 2005, 09:25 AM »
BTW, saw the movie Doom in N. Dakota on the weekend and I'm pleased to have the Marvel Legends version

Yeah, there were a few around here a few weeks back, and I ended up picking one up.  Not too great though, and I definitely want to try to get a ML version eventually.  There are a handful of older figures that I want to pick up once the ML10/Star Wars Final 12 spending dies down, hopefully they won't be too pricey.

Also, I've read online this morning that Jesse (Falcon) from Toybiz posted over at Fwoosh that some of the "leaked" information from the past couple of days is incorrect.  Apparently, in Series 13, Crimson Dynamo is not being released and it sounds like the "goon" packins are a no go as well....but they might be trying to get them released another way in the future (box set perhaps?).

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1506 on: October 6, 2005, 04:49 PM »
I picked up the variant Cyclops and Angel today at KB toys, no luck on the Fearsome Foes box set yet.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1507 on: October 12, 2005, 03:08 PM »
It looks like the Fearsome Foes box set is in stock at Amazon, but for $39.99....around $7-10 higher than Wal-Mart (at least here).  If anyone is interested though, it seems to be in stock.

Otherwise, still no sign of ML 10 here.  There's still time, but I'll admit I'm getting a little antsy for them.  I thought there was hope with our Target down to just a Doctor Strange on the pegs, but I checked today nad they were restocked in full with more of the Galactus Wave.  Our closest Wal-Mart has been sitting on the same Nightcrawlers, Prof Xs, and other remnants of the Galactus Wave for awhile, but they have plenty of room to restock as well.  Hopefully soon :).

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1508 on: October 12, 2005, 04:16 PM »
I've had no luck with series 10 either. Its sorta weird; I only saw Iceman from series 8 on the pegs, and no other figures from that wave. But with wave 9, I've seen everyone multiple times. BTW, I have a green hulk variant from the Galactus wave I am looking to trade (and maybe sell at cost if I can't get a trade), so PM me ASAP or I'll take it back to Wal-Mart.
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1509 on: October 12, 2005, 07:06 PM »
I've had no luck with series 10 either. Its sorta weird; I only saw Iceman from series 8 on the pegs, and no other figures from that wave. But with wave 9, I've seen everyone multiple times. BTW, I have a green hulk variant from the Galactus wave I am looking to trade (and maybe sell at cost if I can't get a trade), so PM me ASAP or I'll take it back to Wal-Mart.

wut figures u need from the wave, they are peg warming over here.  :P

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1510 on: October 12, 2005, 07:08 PM »
Spudtrooper - I have since picked up those figures through trades online, but I really appreciate the offer! Is there anything you are looking for?

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1511 on: October 12, 2005, 07:17 PM »
no problem victor doom, just trying to help.

i dont need anything but unless u have a spare Phoenix/Ghost Rider variant and.or a Unmasked Wolverine, that would be lovely  ;D

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1512 on: October 12, 2005, 07:49 PM »
I bought the following figures from the Sentinel series, but for some reason I ended up with 2 left legs  ???

Mr. Sinister
Black Panther
Angel
Cyclops
Omega Red
Spiderman

I did not purchase Mystique because I think she has the same piece as Omega Red.  Where did I go wrong?  I know Angel came with a left leg and I'm pretty sure it was Black Panther that also came with a left leg...  I don't think anybody switched the legs out because the packages were sealed.  Am I being a moron?  Is there some way to "reverse" the leg or something?
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1513 on: October 12, 2005, 10:18 PM »
That's a bit odd, to say the least with the two left legs.  Sounds like you had the bad luck to find a factory placement error.  I wonder if contacting toybiz would do any good? 

ML 11 showed up here, seemingly yesterday.  No chase figures and no Scarlet Witch :'( , Ultron or Taskmaster to be found.  I picked up Logan :-X (well, I have all the rest so why not ::)) and a Wonderman which is a really well done figure.

Hulkbuster Ironman is huge and really heavy, were I an Ironman freak, I'd have picked it up. 

Vengeance sucks and worse, his bones were purple.  It can't be a variant as I saw no less than three of them, but it seems like they changed the color from bone to purple ???  I didn't think I wanted it and I was right.

Don't need another Thing, that's for sure.

Next wave of FF movie figures are about as well, this wave with skateboarding human torch ::), trenchcoat Thing (prefer ML thanks) and a Doom with face switcheroo.  Invisible woman remains pretty easy to find up here.  Mmm, Jessica Alba goodness.

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1514 on: October 12, 2005, 10:23 PM »
That's a bit odd, to say the least with the two left legs.  Sounds like you had the bad luck to find a factory placement error.  I wonder if contacting toybiz would do any good? 

ML 11 showed up here, seemingly yesterday.  No chase figures and no Scarlet Witch :'( , Ultron or Taskmaster to be found.  I picked up Logan :-X (well, I have all the rest so why not ::)) and a Wonderman which is a really well done figure.

Hulkbuster Ironman is huge and really heavy, were I an Ironman freak, I'd have picked it up. 

Vengeance sucks and worse, his bones were purple.  It can't be a variant as I saw no less than three of them, but it seems like they changed the color from bone to purple ???  I didn't think I wanted it and I was right.

Don't need another Thing, that's for sure.

Next wave of FF movie figures are about as well, this wave with skateboarding human torch ::), trenchcoat Thing (prefer ML thanks) and a Doom with face switcheroo.  Invisible woman remains pretty easy to find up here.  Mmm, Jessica Alba goodness.

I didn't know those were even out already!  :o